FGTC | OVER | Congrats to Spurgina!

• Thread starter berty1979
  • 1,724 comments

Shall we allow one result to be dropped this season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I always check this thread from time to time, will be slightly weird not having it on the front page constantly filled with spam and banter ;)

Raced you all in the classics that never got off the ground and you're a decent bunch of guys, great racers. Also Brett has done the safety car for IndyCar from day 1 which I can't thank him enough for. Have an awesome last race 👍

It will be strange not having our highly intelligent, on topic conversations ruling page 1 :lol: but I thank you for your kind words and dont foget to check if we have space at the F1 thing when you have time 👍

Oh man, this sad to see:(. I loved my time racing in the FGTC, probably still the best racing I ever had online. Trust me you guys are way more mature than other racing series. It was alota fun to get to know you all for the short time I raced, great bunch of guys:cheers:

Oh man, this sad to see:(. I loved my time racing in the FGTC, probably still the best racing I ever had online. Trust me you guys are way more mature than other racing series. It was alota fun to get to know you all for the short time I raced, great bunch of guys:cheers:

You was a great team mate! :D:tup:

Going to have to postpone the paragraph till this evening - going to play football. It's gonna be a long paragraph btw :lol:.

Guys dont let the title mislead you.. dont get sad.

The blood still red in the FGTC.. she will just go to sleep until the release of GT6!

Ronin- You were one of the fastest, thanks for the kind words 👍

SM-Like King Arthur the FGTC will rise again (permission for bottom lip to wobble sir!)

I am seriously going to have a little ceremony after the last race, you are all conspiring to make me weep :lol:

I might ask madmax to post some kind words of our departure. :D

I dunno what to say about FGTC for only 1 season, except that I met some cool people and found a challenge 👍

Ellis- What like? "off topic, closed" :D

Indy- 👍 we shall still be seeing you in the F1 series so I wont start crying just yet :D

A very sad goodbye from ETID

I was a lone wolf wandering through the desserts of GT5 looking for that special someone to join my pack and chase some cats.

It all started out a year ago when I met Ellis in a mixed racing lobby on GT5 - we had some top races and before you knew it the wolf pack then had two members (at this point I didn't realize our friendship would turn into a marriage). A few weeks later Ellis told me he had met a some new guys who do mixed racing lobbies on GT5 so he introduced me to Brett and some others I can't really remember. When I heard Brett's manly welsh voice I thought "Hello, who's this geeza?" When he heard mine he thought "Oh dear, who's this mug?" but before you knew it I made some more friends and Brett told me about a championship he runs called the FGTC.

My first race in the FGTC was Indy - Road Course, so Brett gave me a cracking setup and I set the fastest time in qualy (Brett was pooing himself). I was up there in the top 3 for 10 laps then my lack of knowledge got the better of me and I span a few times and ran out of fuel. I finished 8th out of 10 I think which wasn't too bad, it's a race I will always remember. I joined half way through season 1 and finished pretty bad as I missed a few races ect. I was still loving the FGTC experience and meeting loads of new faces and the wolf pack was growing we then had another three members Sam, Kelton and Josh. Towards the end of the season the almighty, messiah himself Benjamina Spurginhio joined the championship and before I knew it another wolf was assigned in the pack. The wolf pack was now mightier and meatier than ever before ripping people with lots of banter and laughs even our own wolfs (Spurgey)

Season 2 and team lotus had 2 wolfs ready to make an impact - which we did with a win from me at Tokyo and a 3rd place from Ellis. We were venomous like snakes being thrown into the sea. Our streak then came to an end at Sarthe as we won the team medal for most penalties in one race! Rawr! The season continued and I was biting at the top runners getting a few podiums a long the way and having some very fun racing. However the welshman himself was just too powerful and grasped the winning trophy with an almighty bang! Fair play to you Brett!

Season 3 began and the FGTC love was dying. The sweat and tears just wasn't the same anymore. People were becoming frustrated with the same person winning all the time. I think we all knew that the championship was going to come to an end one day. It's sad to see the best thread on GTPlanet come to an end but it will be back sooner or later in GT6.

I'd like to thank everyone individually firstly

Brett:
Thankyou for hosting such an amazing championship and having such great, competitive, clean at times racing. The amount of effort you have put in is really amazing. I thankyou for putting up with all the banter and mine and Ellis's sillyness. I wish you all the best with your career and wife and baby. Shame you weren't hairy enough to join the wolfpack.

Ellis:
Cheers for riding the dessert with me during season 2 big up team lotus! Cheers for the redicously funny times we have had, some tears have been shed during the laughs we had. One of them not too recently during a fugative race where we were in histerics :lol:

Sam, Josh, Kelton and Ben:
Thankyou wolfs for riding the dessert with us we've had some stupidly funny times too! And will continue too on COD and other games! WOLFPACK!

Everyone else:
I thank you guy's for racing with with me during the FGTC, I wish everyone all the best - Runfast, Electric, Indywolf, Lozzy, Mustard, Pigboy, Skatenj, SmartHeart, Sakery, Netheral, Bestyboy, Fastkn and any others I've missed, it's been a rollercoaster.

Well then, it's time to say goodbye, I think it's fair to say I've written enough :lol:

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

See ya :)

I love you too Ferg.

friends-25.gif

:lol:

Etid 👍 🤬 superb write up mate.
You done us proud (cries :lol:)

Make sure your there for the last one, I am going to weep hysterically in the corner 👍

Best of luck with your chocolate puddings, digestive biscuits, pot noodles and all the other 'nutritional' delights that you feed yourself!

I'll have to order it at the end of this month because I've had to fork out £40 for school momentos like year book and that. £33 today for Prom ticket.

I'll see at the end of this month or maybe earlier. When were you planning on starting the championship?

Etid- Ok mate, the season starts on the 30th of this month so try and get it a few days before if you can. It takes a while to get used to the way the cars handle, you will miss the pre season (14th May) but there will be a space guaranteed as there is always people who never turn up so you will be cool.

Ellis- Up to you but its worth £15 mate :D

Yes but there is only so much fun you can have with some cheap car mats an air freshner and 2 bottles of shampoo mate :D
Look at it this way, £15 would buy you about 4 1/2 pints of beer (spurgey can drink the half :lol:)

Last edited:
?Brett or anyone, do you guys have a Indy road tune I can use on Friday's race?

Last edited:
Yes I do but whether it works with SRF off I dont know mate, ill send it to you later. Tough track that one :(

Bored tonight? Watch the blacks ops two trailer. It looks awful. So awful it looks funny :lol:

Back