FIA GT1 Blancpain Irl Season 2 | We Have 10 Sign Ups for the Rolex 24Hrs of Daytona!!!

• Thread starter joetruckv8
  • 1,192 comments
The BMW Z4 GT3 only has the same paint scheme as the ALMS cars. Those are GTE models with a different ruleset but close.

BMW-Z4-GTE_4.jpg

VS.

imageDispatcher-1.jsp_-640x426.jpg

The GTE car is wider too. The GT3 cars have two diveplanes on each side, the GTE has the 'fins' on the outside of the front splitter. The rear wing on the GT3 car is wider as well with bigger endplates which provide a good deal more downforce. But the GTE is probably just as fast.

Yeah joe I defo want to get out of the BMW and use the Panoz, I havnt tested it yet but I think i'll get on better in that. only problem I have at the moment is work has picked up and im going to be starting early for the next few weeks, so i'll let you know if I can make the races closer to there start dates 👍

As good as done my friend! 👍

Thank you, was gonna say that.... But he seemed a bit too excited for the buzzkill...

:banghead::ouch::banghead:

Hello everyone,

My name is Jonas and I'd like to invite you to join my upcoming event:

It will be a 3 Hour race at Spa-Francorchamps this Saturday (could change to the next Saturday due to low amount of inscriptions). We will be using FIA GT1 and GT3 inspired cars. Free practice starts at 6PM BST and will take until 6.30PM. After this we will have a 30 minutes Qualifying Session. At 7.05PM Race will begin and will end at approximately 22.05PM. If you are interested or want some more information, than check the Official GT Masters - 3 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps
To all of you Blancpain-ers: this is the ideal mid-to-end practice session so don't hesitate and just sign up :D

Thanks to JoeTruckV8 for allowing me to post in his thread

Greetings
Jonas

:gtpflag:
:gtplanet:

Ok thought so, got a little confused. Some of the post made it sound as if it was. My fault for reading it wrong.:dunce:

Hey guys!

Another two weeks and I can start running laps around you all again! :sly:

(haha, yeah right!)

I'll happily by a back marker as I get back into the swing of driving 👍

Hey guys!

Another two weeks and I can start running laps around you all again! :sly:

(haha, yeah right!)

I'll happily by a back marker as I get back into the swing of driving 👍

The new GTR reg's puts the GTR's as fast as the Ford GT's, but the unfortunate side there is only 3 races left to go. I will be doing a series of spot races until GT6 actually comes out using the GT3 chassis, or possible some 1 make racing! :)

Ill be finishing out the season. Ill be staying in the GT-R LM Concept as well. I think it has more speed in it just need to shake off my rust. As I recall it was very good on tracks without long straits so rest ot the season looks good other than fuji.

I did 55s at Nurburgring. Did qualifying in the 54s. I set it up offline though. So the car was really twitchy, not what I expected.

The new GTR reg's puts the GTR's as fast as the Ford GT's, but the unfortunate side there is only 3 races left to go. I will be doing a series of spot races until GT6 actually comes out using the GT3 chassis, or possible some 1 make racing! :)

Looking forward to it!

For the guys running both of my series practice for Suzuka will be easy. After lapping Super GT, just got to pull out the Viper for the same track and do some laps. I love when that happens!

Monday night practice going down tonight await times'

Last edited:
Could i quickly join in the GTR Concept LM or is it to late.

Yes you may, the race is tomorrow 2pm Pst. Just send a FR request to me via Ps3 so you can join the private room. If there is a low turn out then we will reduce the race from 250km to 200km.

Yes you may, the race is tomorrow 2pm Pst. Just send a FR request to me via Ps3 so you can join the private room. If there is a low turn out then we will reduce the race from 250km to 200km.
I May not be able to make it, what time does it start?

Race is to start at 2pm PST. I'll be signing on and setting up Joe's lounge around 12pm PST for practice if he hasn't yet.

Thanks man I'm online now. I set the room settings for Suzuka so my lounge is all ready to go! I'm writing down some setups so I'm not quite in my room yet, but hovering around GT5. Ill be in my lounge in roughly 20 mins or so,...

Alright guys, I'm back!

Ready to go, just need to know the next race. My red GT-R TC is still in regs I think.. haven't touched it since the Nurburgring!

Let me know when !

Closing this series till GT6. Everybody is busy with their other series and TnT, Sinlander & I can risk losing Autobacs practice for only 3 guys racing. I will be setting up some GT3 spot races in the mean time until December when GT6 comes out. Thanks to all the drivers who participated in this series it was an awesome experience!

Back