FIA Online Championship 2015

• Thread starter F1jocker12
  • 191 comments

F1jocker12

(Banned)
United States
Minneapolis
GTSC_F1jocker12
Considering that "As a second key element of the partnership, FIA & PDI plan to launch an official FIA Online Championship in 2015 with the intention of offering the large number of Gran Turismo players and motor sport fans the opportunity to engage with real motor sport.", how do you think this project is going to look like and what do you expect from it?

https://www.gtplanet.net/more-gran-turismo-fia-online-championship-details-begins-spring-2015/

36RSNGt.jpg

Last edited:
I'm actually waiting for a good reason to buy the PS4. For the moment, the games library for it is pretty thin, and there's no word on any of my favorites "heavyweights", such as God Of War 5 or Fallout 4.

Worse, the racing library is almost non-existent, with the only decent game being Drive Club, which is as arcade as one can get. Project CARS can't come soon enough. If it's as good as they say, it might be my reason to buy the console. If not, I'll have to wait for this (the FIA GT championship thing) or even GT7.

Considering that "As a second key element of the partnership, FIA & PDI plan to launch an official FIA Online Championship in 2015 with the intention of offering the large number of Gran Turismo players and motor sport fans the opportunity to engage with real motor sport.", how do you think this project is going to look like and what do you expect from it?

https://www.gtplanet.net/more-gran-turismo-fia-online-championship-details-begins-spring-2015/

36RSNGt.jpg
Probably it will feature a lot of Time Trials, online races and, why not, some new content ;)

I'm actually waiting for a good reason to buy the PS4. For the moment, the games library for it is pretty thin, and there's no word on any of my favorites "heavyweights", such as God Of War 5 or Fallout 4.

Worse, the racing library is almost non-existent, with the only decent game being Drive Club, which is as arcade as one can get. Project CARS can't come soon enough. If it's as good as they say, it might be my reason to buy the console. If not, I'll have to wait for this (the FIA GT championship thing) or even GT7.

Obviously you haven't played Rivals on PS4 have you, now that is Arcade, DC on the other hand isn't nearly as arcade as that game.

Hmm, I certainly hope that PD has the GT Academy build on PS4 for a teaser of GT7 visuals...why not?! Let's get a teaser of just what they couldn't include in on the PS3 physics wise. I cross my fingers that this is a no holds barred physics simulation and of course the visuals and that AES running on a machine that can let it flex it's muscles.

Obviously you haven't played Rivals on PS4 have you, now that is Arcade, DC on the other hand isn't nearly as arcade as that game.

Hmm, I certainly hope that PD has the GT Academy build on PS4 for a teaser of GT7 visuals...why not?! Let's get a teaser of just what they couldn't include in on the PS3 physics wise. I cross my fingers that this is a no holds barred physics simulation and of course the visuals and that AES running on a machine that can let it flex it's muscles.
Imagine the fanbase outcry if GTA is exclusively on the PS4. The internetz will explode
smiley-angry019.gif

.............Think I said this before elsewhere...this FIA thing is probably nothing more than them taking over GT Academy from Nissan when that sponsorship inevitably ends {shrugs shoulder}....

.............Think I said this before elsewhere...this FIA thing is probably nothing more than them taking over GT Academy from Nissan when that sponsorship inevitably ends {shrugs shoulder}....
I've probably missed it, but is there any sponsorship from Nissan to Polyphony for GT6, or for GT Academy? I've learned about a "collaboration" which I think, is for promotional purposes, but never about sponsorship. The GT Academy gives winners a spot inside a racing team, which I doubt FIA can do, but I see what you're saying. If that is the only way, I bet any promoter will do the same thing as Kaz is doing. Anyway you put it, being recognized by the International Federation is a big thing and requires a lot more improvement on the game side, because everything started by "FIA certification for four of the game’s world-famous tracks". Nothing about all those cars in the game....

Hmmm.....that "standalone" comment gives me an couple ideas:

A - This will be "Gran Turismo: FIA Championship". A prologue to GT7 with GTE and LMP2 race cars. All cars can only have suspension, aero, brake and weight adjustments. Races on 10 different FIA tracks. This will be on PS4 with offline and online modes. Online there's the special FIA races and leads up to...something.

B - More GT3 cars, a couple LMP2's, and a special series of online races for GT6.

Imagine the fanbase outcry if GTA is exclusively on the PS4. The internetz will explode
smiley-angry019.gif

Lol, well they'll have to deal with it GT with crazy Kaz at the helm is much too ambitious for PS3. My PS3 cries whenever I fire up GT6 in it, it refuses to do standing starts for more than 8 cars for fear of locking up because of tire smoke and other dumb things. I say move it to something that has the number crunching muscle and RAM to support it. Besides GT6 sold such low numbers compared to any GT game so far...it needs more room to breathe and work properly.

Will the FiA put pressure on EA or Porsche? I wont debate it. Its rhetorical, but if anyone feels the need... yes or no will do.

That Porsche license thing is why I want EA to go out of business... :mad: Anyway knowing it's happening in the Spring I'm REALLY hoping we at least getting new GT3 or GTE cars with good sound. Aston Martin Vantage GTE (V8) or GT3 (V12)....we need at least one of those to compete in an FIA thing. :P

It's (at least) partially Porsche's fault too, for selling exclusive rights to one company.
What's depressing is that I remember someone mentioning this in the PCARS forum and saying that Porsche has tried to get out of the contract but EA won't let them or something. Either way you're right about both parties are guilty.

What's also sad is the fact that this exclusivity dates back to the year 2000 (yeah, 15 years back) so who knows for how much longer the dumb@asses at Porsche and the sneaky d0uches at EA are locked in that exclusivity contract.

That Porsche license thing is why I want EA to go out of business... :mad: Anyway knowing it's happening in the Spring I'm REALLY hoping we at least getting new GT3 or GTE cars with good sound. Aston Martin Vantage GTE (V8) or GT3 (V12)....we need at least one of those to compete in an FIA thing. :P
I'd bet that if EA loses the Porsche license for any reason, Micro$oft will pick it up in an instant for FM just so GT still couldn't have it.

Also, I'm really looking forward to this FIA stuff. Can't wait.

I'd bet that if EA loses the Porsche license for any reason, Micro$oft will pick it up in an instant for FM just so GT still couldn't have it.

I think/hope the era of exclusivity rights for a whole brand has passed. To my knowledge, there's nobody else bar Porsche that has that. And I hope that once out of the deal with EA, they'll learn not to do it again.

EDIT: I know there's something similar between Ferrari and Micro$oft, but I'm not sure if it's full exclusivity. And anyway, MS seems more inclined to sharing than EA. I find it really sad seeing so little Porsche cars in racing games in general.

I think/hope the era of exclusivity rights for a whole brand has passed. To my knowledge, there's nobody else bar Porsche that has that. And I hope that once out of the deal with EA, they'll learn not to do it again.
What is it that you expect the most profitable car maker in the world(profit/car) to learn from this deal with EA?

EDIT: I know there's something similar between Ferrari and Micro$oft, but I'm not sure if it's full exclusivity. And anyway, MS seems more inclined to sharing than EA. I find it really sad seeing so little Porsche cars in racing games in general.
Timed maybe... Turn 10 doesn't do permanent exclusive, which is why GT has Ferrari in the game.

Timed maybe... Turn 10 doesn't do permanent exclusive, which is why GT has Ferrari in the game.

Turn 10 actually GAVE UP the exclusive Ferrari rights because they didn't believe in hampering the competition.

EA is the problem, immaturely holding on to the exclusive rights because Need For Speed is horrible and will never compete with Forza, GT, or P Cars.

You guys do realize some of the details were already released on GTP right?
That is the project, but Kaz said he doesn't know yet how they are going to do it. Nobody wants a big thing like this to be postponed (like B-Spec or GPS based Course Maker app update), because technically, they can say something and do something else at any time. We the players need to stick together and push for what is advertised to happen. Kaz needs to understand the fact that once you create an expectation, the consumer will follow you with that promise in his mind. If you don't deliver than you will loose big time. Sony people know that too.....

That is the project, but Kaz said he doesn't know yet how they are going to do it. Nobody wants a big thing like this to be postponed (like B-Spec or GPS based Course Maker app update), because technically, they can say something and do something else at any time. We the players need to stick together and push for what is advertised to happen. Kaz needs to understand the fact that once you create an expectation, the consumer will follow you with that promise in his mind. If you don't deliver than you will loose big time. Sony people know that too.....
I doubt 15 or 20 people in a thread on GTP are going to have a lot of impact on the FIA partnership, otherwise the BSpec and CourseMaker would be here already, given there have been hundreds or thousands of posts on the subject already. :D
Turn 10 actually GAVE UP the exclusive Ferrari rights because they didn't believe in hampering the competition.

EA is the problem, immaturely holding on to the exclusive rights because Need For Speed is horrible and will never compete with Forza, GT, or P Cars.
T10 and EA colloborated on NFS and Forza 3 to share their Porsche/Ferrari licenses so T10 had no problem with the exclusives at that point. They couldn't make an arrangement for Forza 4 so T10 gave up the Ferrari rights exclusive because it wasn't economically feasible for them to continue with it, especially without gaining access to Porsche through a deal with EA. Then T10's marketing department put the spin on it. "Let's tell the world we're doing this out of the goodness of our hearts and make EA look bad by doing so, when all the while we had no intention of securing a Ferrari exclusive and maybe we'll gain some customers by goodwill, and make EA look like money grubbing capitalists at the same time"

Back