Wiedenfeller

Alaba
Hummels
Boateng
Lahm

Javi Martinez
Borja Valero

Podolski
Ozil (bought for 30k, which seemed okay)
Ebert

Gomez

Ebert seems to be doing well in RM, but I am tempted with Thomas Muller, cheap too, so I can just rotate them. I may pick up Gundogan for one of the CDM's, though Valero is actually pretty good. Probably pick up René Adler as a backup keeper, Neuer being more expensive than I have the arsed to gain at the moment.

This wednesday! :dopey:

1782003_10152387650264759_7662953987995613831_n.png

It's been awhile guys... I'm having an issue; I'm waiting for the market crash and not sure what to buy. My first choice is a fairly basic BPL team with TOTS Azpilicueta, but I'm strongly leaning toward a team with TIF James Rodriguez and SIF Maicon as the expensive players.

Will TIF James and SIF Maicon drop in price enough to make it a worthwhile buy? And when?

Do you guys think Azpilicueta will be under 100k?

Last edited:
The market started crashing about a month ago... Prices are way lower now than they were during TOTY... Still expecting them to drop further during TOTS.

I don't have a good answer for James, but Maicon was not worth it. As for Azpilicueta, I doubt it, but you never know.

I'm not gonna sell my team though, but got 1 million coins lying around. :dopey:

2ch13b5.jpg

Wow, I am extremely jealous. I have 430k, but it seems that every team I plan on building comes out to about 600k.

I sold my team a couple weeks ago just because I took a few weeks off.

And I've previously owned and enjoyed Maicon, I suppose my question should have been phrased "will IFs drop in price like normal cards will?"

CAM
And I've previously owned and enjoyed Maicon, I suppose my question should have been phrased "will IFs drop in price like normal cards will?"
Yeah, most IF's will drop, at least those that get a TOTS card. Most likely all of the cards will drop exept legends (xbox) and TOTY players I think.

I figured, good to hear. I thought I had a pretty good market plan last year but I ended up making a couple bad decisions. I had around 700k last year, but that's mostly because I packed SIF Cavani.

Anyone tried Falcao? My BPL team would have Agüero and RVP up front, which I've had for most of FUT 14, but a front 3 of TOTS Danny, Falcao (hyperlink with TIF James) and Hulk would be fairly foreign for me.

Would it be prudent to go ahead and buy this week?

CAM
I figured, good to hear. I thought I had a pretty good market plan last year but I ended up making a couple bad decisions. I had around 700k last year, but that's mostly because I packed SIF Cavani.

Anyone tried Falcao? My BPL team would have Agüero and RVP up front, which I've had for most of FUT 14, but a front 3 of TOTS Danny, Falcao (hyperlink with TIF James) and Hulk would be fairly foreign for me.

Would it be prudent to go ahead and buy this week?
How is Aguero - RVP combo for you?

My Suarez - RVP combo with Oscar - Yaya at centre mid is working pretty good. Actually alot better than I thought. And Navas is beast, assist king and scores quite a few goals too. Last time I tried him, he was like "mehh"... Now he is really good. And Hazard speaks for himself.

I've not tried Falcao, but i've heard mixed things... For some he is a god, for some he is trash.

I'd wait for 1-2 hours at least into the beast opening on wednesday. Maybe longer. Prices will drop over the next days.

RVP in the set up I had was invincible. Agüero was a champ as well, but RVP just felt like EA was scripting against my opponents and not me, which was a nice change.

I had UP Suarez as my CAM in that team, and I expected his finishing to be better than it was.

I think I'll make my team with James and if I don't like it I'll try to reconstruct my BPL team with hopefully enough coins to get Azpilicueta. Just a few more coins would make so many more options possible, but I'm a hopeless trader...

However, I've had the same USA fitness team since release day, and I can very comfortably say Eddie Johnson is the best player I've ever used in any FIFA. 159 goals in 140 games with 26 assists. Imagine IF Balotelli from FUT 13 on steroids.

Last edited:
You seem to have found your way into some coins somehow!

Still trying to decide what to buy.

Doesn't matter what amount of coins I have... All my players play utterly crap! Always passes to the opponent, and always loses the ball the second they get it... Getting sick of this nerfing now... A bronze team is better than my team... :grumpy:

The eternal truth of EA products. I have to play a lot of Call of Duty to make sure I don't hate video games too much. TIF James has dropped 40k today, but BPL players have taken a huge tumble as well.

Will they continue dropping? I feel like the market would tease me by rebounding for some weird reason.

I hate FIFA, but I love soccer too much not to have a licensed soccer video game.

What are you spending those coins on for the crash?

Also just noticed I've almost used two entire 99 game contracts on my IF Tim Howard. 227 appearances, he even has two assists! Never sent off either, only one yellow.

Last edited:
CAM
I hate FIFA, but I love soccer too much not to have a licensed soccer video game.

What are you spending those coins on for the crash?

Also just noticed I've almost used two entire 99 game contracts on my IF Tim Howard. 227 appearances, he even has two assists! Never sent off either, only one yellow.
I'm not sure what i'm gonna spend my coins on... It seems that a 100k team is alot better than my 2 mill team...

We'll see.

I mean, if you're not gonna use it...

But James just dropped a little bit more, I like where this is going. Hopefully I can win one out of three to move up to Division 2.

Just get Ronaldo. Lose in style at least. Personally, I think I'd make an Ibra-Bale hybrid.

So jealous of you now that I think of it.

CAM
Just get Ronaldo. Lose in style at least. Personally, I think I'd make an Ibra-Bale hybrid.

So jealous of you now that I think of it.
Yeah was thinking about it. I really enjoyed playing with Ronaldo, but like all the other players i've tried, he and my La Liga/Bundesliga hybrid became really bad after a while.

Not sure what's causing it. Probably my win/loss ratio, hah! I think it's around 416-13-51 or thereabouts.

Edit:

I was thinking maybe buying something like this.

http://www.futhead.com/14/squads/10344723/

I almost got the funds needed, just need Ronaldo to drop a bit more. ;)

Last edited:
I don't know how well Agüero's work rates suit him for a false 9. Maybe TOTS Rooney when he comes out?

CAM
I don't know how well Agüero's work rates suit him for a false 9. Maybe TOTS Rooney when he comes out?
Won't be able to afford both TOTS Rooney and regular Ronaldo, I think.

But Aguero's work rates are great! High/Low is really good there I think. And I can get both Yaya and Fellaini with good defensive muscle and workrates.

I wouldn't know, I've never tried it. I figured a false 9 CF was more of a playmaker.

How much do you think TOTS Danny will be?

CAM
I wouldn't know, I've never tried it. I figured a false 9 CF was more of a playmaker.

How much do you think TOTS Danny will be?
Zenit's Danny? No idea, not sure if he is popular or not. And it will depend on what rating and stats he gets.

Yeah. No matter.

James' Futhead price jumped up 2k. If it gets back to 180k anytime tomorrow I'll go ahead and buy I suppose.

How difficult is FIFA 14 for a newcomer to get into? I've always enjoyed football, and it's a huge part of one of my schools' culture - I even taught a kid who signed for the Western Sydney Wanderers' junior team - but I don't have and can't really afford a subscription to satellite television, which is where all the games are broadcast. Even the A-League. So I have been looking for alternatives, and was thinking FIFA 14, or the World Cup edition, might be worth looking into.

How difficult is FIFA 14 for a newcomer to get into? I've always enjoyed football, and it's a huge part of one of my schools' culture - I even taught a kid who signed for the Western Sydney Wanderers' junior team - but I don't have and can't really afford a subscription to satellite television, which is where all the games are broadcast. Even the A-League. So I have been looking for alternatives, and was thinking FIFA 14, or the World Cup edition, might be worth looking into.
Actually, if you're looking to get into Fifa 14 Ultimate Team, this week is the best chance to start. The prices are lower than any other time so far, and will only be lower over the next couple days.

That aside, you should know that there are a few cons about Fifa 14. One of them, maybe the biggest one, is the nerfing. If you got a great team (figure Ronaldo, Messi, Bale, full out La Liga etc etc), your team will get nerfed if you meet a mediocre team. And it seems to be in periods, aswell as how your win/loss ratio is.

Another con is the suddenly "stupidity increase" your players might get. Passing the easy 5 meter pass to a teammate suddenly becomes a 20 meter pass to the opponent 80% of the time. My team is in this fase now. Keeper dropping weak, easy long range shots into goal, and the general slow defenders are faster than the quick attackers, etc etc.

On the bright side though, its really never been more fun playing Fifa when things actually works. And there are alot of funny moments when players do stupid things that will make you chuckle.

All in all, after hundreds of hours of Fifa 14, looking past all the aggression i've had with this game, it's been a good experience and definitely worth it.

As for other modes such as Career Mode, Be a Pro etc I don't have much experience in Fifa 14, but i've heard they've only improved it more and more this year compared to last.

Well, I knew literally nothing about soccer until watching the Euros in the summer of 2012. That tournament got me really excited about soccer, so I went and picked up a used copy of FIFA 11. I spent too much of that summer playing Career Mode, and I learned a ton about the game just by playing and Googling stuff I didn't understand. By the time I bought FIFA 13 on release day that fall, I knew more about soccer than any of the kids that actually play in my town, had a fairly sizable soccer jersey collection, and was competitive online.

So, in terms of helping you with soccer culture, I know it played a huge role in that for me.

In terms of playability for beginners, I remember not having to play too long on the easiest setting before finding my footing (ha, ha. Football. Footing.) with my first game.

A lot of the problems Phoenix just mentioned only really exist in Ultimate Team, which is a popular online mode that's fairly addictive. I've played a couple seasons of Career Mode on FIFA 14 and it's fair enough as far as video games go.

I don't have an internet connection, so those online issues aren't really a problem.

I'm hoping that a commercial network will have the rights to the World Cup. Maybe that will help me get into it.

Latest Posts

Back