FIFA 14 (It's Here)

For anyone wondering, I shall set up a FIFA clubs page soon for FIFA 15 on PS4. Any takers?

No Yedlins on the market yet, I opened about 20 bronze packs with no luck. Sold a thing or two to cover the loss, so I'm back even.

The team has been out for 30 minutes, and Alonso is already under 100k. Michael Bradley just went for 77k, so that's good.

My goal is to get a front 6 of Cahill/Bradley, Alonso, Martins, Dempsey, Donovan, Henry/Defoe for 500k and then hope my remaining million will cover Besler, Gonzalez, and Yedlin.. I'm worried.

It's going to kill me as a US fan if I won't be able to afford my favorite players...

Now the prices are rising again.. This is not good.

Last edited:
Yedlin on PS going for 3,9 million.... Jeez...

Opened packs for 200k... Got nada... Looking to get Henry maybe, if his price drops below 300k, which I doubt, but it's not impossible.

This is bogus... I guess I hope I can at least afford the gold players.

I had the entire Ligue 1 TOTS at one point, that doesn't even make logical sense.

Still trying to trade, only made 2 purchases today. Some cheap Korean IF I thought I could make a few coins off of, but looks like I'll break even. I made 10k off of a first IF Giovani Dos Santos.

I guess I can feel better in the fact that I've traded well enough to buy one MLS TOTS midfielder, but that's it...

Somehow I feel like 1.6 million won't get all the players I want. Hopefully they will crash tomorrow when the tournament ends.

Last edited:
CAM
This is bogus... I guess I hope I can at least afford the gold players.

I had the entire Ligue 1 TOTS at one point, that doesn't even make logical sense.

Still trying to trade, only made 2 purchases today. Some cheap Korean IF I thought I could make a few coins off of, but looks like I'll break even. I made 10k off of a first IF Giovani Dos Santos.

I guess I can feel better in the fact that I've traded well enough to buy one MLS TOTS midfielder, but that's it...

Somehow I feel like 1.6 million won't get all the players I want. Hopefully they will crash tomorrow when the tournament ends.
It will crash during the weekend I bet. Most likely 100k packs this weekend, or early next week.

Let's hope. I'll pay 500k for Dempsey if I have to, but I'd really like to get everyone besides Yedlin if I could..

Only 611,000 live transfers on PS4 right now compared to 1.4 million an hour ago... Looks like another Sony masterclass, it's the Destiny Beta all over again.

FIFA has glitched like 5 times today telling me that I have -800,000,000 coins, and I'd rather have that stop..

Just made 8k on a first IF Juanfran. I get excited about a profit, but then I realize how long it takes me to find them....

Last edited:
I'm gonna nail some bronze packs tonight. I REEAALLLYYY want that Yedlin

Good luck, it felt like I opened 25k worth of them yesterday, and I never open packs..

In other news, I can now afford Yedlin, but that's it. Not exactly helpful.

I need the 100k pack crash Phoenix mentioned..

Actually, they have Mega Packs out now, not the 100k ones like we had hoped. Is this the best offer they'll give? I don't remember if they normally do more than one big pack offer.

I at least want to buy at the smartest time.

I'll trust you..

This is why I can only do trading where I know I'll get an immediate, guaranteed profit. No patience and constant second-guessing of market mechanisms.

Speaking of trading, I made 5k off of a SiMOTM Navas, but that only served to recoup the loss I took from paying the SIF price for an IF Caulker. I only lost 5k though, so I'm still 100k to the good since I've started.

I can now get Dempsey, Defoe, Martins, and Henry as well as two midfielders of my choice for a million, so hopefully there will be a larger drop so I can afford Besler and maybe Gonzalez. I've pretty much ruled out Yedlin, although he has fallen quite a bit as well..

Apparently his actual in game stats tot up to a 75 overall. He is a mental card!

maxresdefault.jpg

Yedlin almost down to 1 mill on both consoles now.

Will probably drop further during the weekend as more packs are opened.

Mehh, i'll save my coins... Wait... I might open bronze packs. Haha.

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to try and reach division 1.

If you have any decent players, your team is only gonna get super handicapped... I've tested and tried this.

Online single matches, online tournaments, and Div 1 matches. Have any IF, TOTS etc cards and a decent win/loss ratio, and you will be more handicapped than a blind turtle.

Made a bronze squad, entered Div 1 matches, quit after a few minutes in order to get relegated to Div 2. Now things are back to normal with my regular squad... Pffftt.... :irked:

Have they released the 100k packs? I'm having trouble following the prices..

Dempsey has dropped a tad but everyone else is unaffected basically.

I see that now that I've logged on. I guess it's time to buy? Dempsey has started rising again, but I may sit on it for an hour or two just because the packs are open for 20 more hours. I may give up on Besler and Yedlin and just make a nicer second team instead, I just can't think of something I want that I haven't already tried, BPL silvers come to mind..

Should I go ahead and buy now?

Last edited:
I don't get why I prices of players fluctuate in FUT. A few months ago I bought Diamanti(84 OVR, CAM) for 900 coins. I was able to re-sell him for 2000 or 3000 coins.

Because everyone did the same as you, bought cheap and now selling for alot more. That and plus the coin purchase sites are going nuts with their prices.

It's tempting to buy a few coins, but it's also risky and at the end of FIFA 14 so I don't see any reason to do it.

Hey guys I just recently downloaded the latest update, and when it finished, everybody's boots suddenly reverted to the generic EA boots. Did anyone else have this problem? (I'm on Xbox 360 by the way.)

Because everyone did the same as you, bought cheap and now selling for alot more. That and plus the coin purchase sites are going nuts with their prices.

It's tempting to buy a few coins, but it's also risky and at the end of FIFA 14 so I don't see any reason to do it.

There are coin purchase sites? Is that how people get a ton of IF players? I never managed to get one this year. I did buy some FIFA points though, I had some money left over on PSN from when I bought the card.

There are coin purchase sites? Is that how people get a ton of IF players? I never managed to get one this year. I did buy some FIFA points though, I had some money left over on PSN from when I bought the card.
Some people use alot of time trading like I have to get the players, but others take the easy way and just buy their coins to get good players.
And when all the big youtubers out there are shouting their coin sponsor sites in every video, more people will just buy coins which will make the prices go up.

It has messed up the marked so bad.

I made 15 million instant on my 97 TOTS Ronaldo.

And I hate how players like Ronaldo, Ibra, Neymar, etc etc goes for over double the price now compared to the beginning of FIFA 14...

Some people use alot of time trading like I have to get the players, but others take the easy way and just buy their coins to get good players.
And when all the big youtubers out there are shouting their coin sponsor sites in every video, more people will just buy coins which will make the prices go up.

It has messed up the marked so bad.

I made 15 million instant on my 97 TOTS Ronaldo.

And I hate how players like Ronaldo, Ibra, Neymar, etc etc goes for over double the price now compared to the beginning of FIFA 14...

So the youtubers inflated the market then. Just like you could say all the youtubers for GTA5 who glitch inflate the market, making high-priced cars worthless.

I also think its funny when I play as my 'wannabe' German and Italian national teams, to play against a team with Neymar and/or Reus. One game I played I couldn't believe what happened. The guy I played against had Reus AND Neymar and played like a 4 year old.

So the youtubers inflated the market then. Just like you could say all the youtubers for GTA5 who glitch inflate the market, making high-priced cars worthless.

I also think its funny when I play as my 'wannabe' German and Italian national teams, to play against a team with Neymar and/or Reus. One game I played I couldn't believe what happened. The guy I played against had Reus AND Neymar and played like a 4 year old.
Yeah, youtubers definitely have to take alot of the responsibility for the inflation going on now. But they don't care. They get paid enough to don't give a damn.

And yeah, you can meet the "worst team" out there, and get your behinds whooped. Or you can meet the "best team", with the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Ibra, etc etc, and you will whoop theirs.

But you can also stumble upon someone with a great team, who is a good player aswell.

The thing is though in FIFA, having a better team with any IF's, TOTS, TOTY, iMotM cards against a rubbish non-rare gold team, will only result in your team getting handicapped and play poorly, while his non-rare/whatever team plays like gods.

One should think and expect that having a better team was only an advantage, not a disadvantage. But no.

One should think and expect that having a better team was only an advantage, not a disadvantage. But no.
Yeah as @ENTERSANDMAN13 will vouch, my bronze team as OP as it is, should not be able to hold their own and sometimes beat a very strong gold team!

Back