FIFA 15 Pro ClubsPS4 

• Thread starter Ellis
  • 375 comments
:Dxxx Have you tried a sweeper? It's something myself and Sureshot have noticed since playing the top teams in Div 1. Obviously it demands a large amount of discipline so maybe take turns, or what I would personally do make Ayron do it.............properly.:mischievous:

Making Ayron go as a sweeper is probably just a good reason to lose the will to live :lol: Bet he'd still go out wide and try to beat 6 players about 10 times.

How many AI defenders do you normally have or does it vary on the amount of outfield players you have?

We've been using 5 at the back for ages.

We also don't use an Any, I know the Geoff's are terrible, but if you have the settings matched then you play against people in the same boat. There are two big advantages here, it means the person being the Any can focus solely on their player and it keeps much better harmony amongst the ranks as it's a lot easier to make a mistake with the AI.

In terms of scoring, we've been doing a lot of cutbacks of late. JB or I will get to the goal line, pass it back to the other and it's proving really effective. Also powering balls across the face of goal with the low cross can result in own goals as well as sloppy finishes!

I think everything we play is way too quick, I know this is an issue that has been raised numerous times, and we fix it for a few games after and then more often that not we (myself included) return to previous. But, Apon observation I have noticed that it isnt just that we go from defense to attack in 2 or 3 passes (il get to this in a second), Its also our defending.
I remember a game a few days ago where there was one guy who would fake shot past like 6 people on the wing and then scored and we were all furious, I noticed similarities with how we defend in general with what happened in that particular situation. Basically, I think our defending is also too rushed, When seeing us defend against someone running at us, Usually there is someone charging headlong for them for a murderous slide tackle, which is all well and fine but 1. with fifa refereeing we usually give away fouls, and secondly, If we miss, which it is quite easy to do against such a challenge (we exploit it to some extent in the same situation), We are left one defender down, but then you see another person going for the same challenge and then our whole defense unfolds around us because too many are behind the ball or are pulled away from marking one person or another. I personally think that is how we often get ripped apart in defense as once these people get past a first challenge then they have space and time to do something before someone else comes in, and they have a space to pass into which was vacated by who he just passed and/or the person who will now need to challenge them.
Now I accept that since I am either on the wing or up front in fifa this year, some peoples perception may be different, But I would think if instead of diving into every challenge, we can simply hold them up or just stay infront of them, this would let us keep our shape since we arent commiting 3 people to getting the ball off someone and leaving ourselves exposed if it doesnt work out.

To the attacking, I believe we arent really doing that much wrong considering we do actually score quite a fair bit of goals, We could score more of course but cant really go much more into that without trying to change peoples mentalities for fifa (fenton) ;)
But, I have noticed this, even from the fifa 13 days, And it kinda rejogged my memory when people like sam and ellis complain of not having the ball most of the game, but when they are in CAM. Typically I have noticed when opposition do well against us it is because they distribute alot from the middle, they have one good player who always picks people out or takes the ball forward, or simply keeps possession. I find our main problem as usual is that we simply dont use the central midfield positions.
The old thing with going from defense to attack in 2 passes kinda falls into this too along with the passing accuracy and the possession thing that we have began to pick up on recently, I find that whenever we do get the ball in our box/half of the pitch, it always goes to someone on either the wing, or a striker (or whoever happens to be furthest up at that point), It seems to be as soon as we get the ball the eye is straight to their backline waiting for someone to make a run, and i feel that since we just skip the central midfield, we stand a high chance of losing possession with these wonder passes and it is why i believed our passing accuracy was so low.
To illustrate this think of how much an effect some great CDM's or CAM's of the past few years actually affect the games of which they play in (Xavi/Iniesta, Yaya Toure, Schwiensteiger etc) yet, if teams play the way we play, these players would hardly be used, To those who dont notice it, I again would highlight that people who play in CAM always seem to get the least touches of the ball.
I know this is a hell of a post, and I was hesitating to make it as I dont want people (myself included) taking clubs way too seriously, But I do think we can do better without tryharding too much :)

On the defending side of things some people do commit too hard and too fast, myself included but that's just because it's funny when you pull off a spectacular foul :D

But a hell of a lot of goals are conceded by through balls, the opposition have the ball in the defence or with a CAM sitting deep and lob the ball up the pitch to their strikers. Our defenders in this situation are so dim witted and slow the attacker gets through and scores against our wildy flapping AI keeper. This is without people committing to challenges and whilst it was set on defensive. There's just so many gaps in the defence from the outset because we get landed with brain dead AI through no fault of our own.
But as I said before if we try the same the ball would almost always get intercepted by the defence. If by some miracle we do get through their keeper will pull off a worldy of a save or their unnaturally fast defender will catch you up.

Some goals are conceded by slightly dodgy defence work yeah, but I think a lot more are from EA bending us over and having their way. There's been quite a few thumpings we've been on the end of where they have scored 4+ goals and we haven't actually done anything wrong.

On the defending side of things some people do commit too hard and too fast, myself included but that's just because it's funny when you pull off a spectacular foul :D

But a hell of a lot of goals are conceded by through balls, the opposition have the ball in the defence or with a CAM sitting deep and lob the ball up the pitch to their strikers. Our defenders in this situation are so dim witted and slow the attacker gets through and scores against our wildy flapping AI keeper. This is without people committing to challenges and whilst it was set on defensive. There's just so many gaps in the defence from the outset because we get landed with brain dead AI through no fault of our own.
But as I said before if we try the same the ball would almost always get intercepted by the defence. If by some miracle we do get through their keeper will pull off a worldy of a save or their unnaturally fast defender will catch you up.

I assume this is why the sweeper bloke works Sam. :) Sounds like a job for poor Joe:sly::guilty:

After you pulled me up for going up for a freekick (the one the goalie takes to a wing/corner flag/goal kick/straight to the opposition, I had three games where I stayed just in front of the defense and barely got in the opposition half. I had one, four and five passes respectively in each match. And we lost two of them, drew the other. Other than not making many passes, I still couldn't to where the an interception could be made as they would knock it around me, with one two's.

Observations - From the kick off the receiver would get the ball do a u turn and punt it towards the forward. Obviously straight from the kick off the other team will have 11 in their half, if we could commit them out a bit , there would be less to take on. Which goes back to the underuse of midfield. Obviously my player is crap, he falls over, air shots etc which could be part of the problem, but if he doesn't receive the ball he won't improve. Although his heading is fine.! I challenge anyone not to get tempted to get involved after not touching the ball for a game and a ha As for the tackling I almost exclusively use the standing tackle as the sliding tackle us beyond useless.
I would quite happily sit around the halfway line, if I were allowed to get involved in the game, but the ball will normally get launched from defence to attack, bypassing Cdm, then normally come back with interest.

As for defending, The opposition would attack normally with a lob ball, bypassing the midfield or go wide, then either waltz through or we would concede a penalty. The Ai do have a habit of parting like the red Sea, which is annoying as hell.

We also need more 80's power ballads.

Last edited:
We need to avoid it when @Sureboss comes back. He tells us off.

Any recommendations on 80s power ballads/songs? (Living on a prayer is banned)

I'm up for playing tonight. As for the discussion the last few days on why we are struggling, I feel we've said it all before. We need to be less direct and play more calmly and calculated and be prepared to pass the ball backwards if only to just keep possession. A big thing I've noticed to is every goal kick or FK in our own half gets thumped upfield more often than not ending in us losing posession. We don't have the biggest of players, Maybe play from the back every now and then.

Your goal will reside in my memory for a long time...

"Sorry that was a tackleoooooooooooomygod"

Latest Posts

Back