FITT Challenge STi Vs Evo Battle! Results; Congratulations to Praiano63, Otaliema & Brian Wolf

• Thread starter Otaliema
  • 1,044 comments
Rumour is that the new update has fixed camber, testers please keep this in mind before updating (if you are mid way through a group, please finish group before updating software)

Edit:

Adjustments to the physics simulation model
The physics simulation model of “Gran Turismo 6” has been updated with the following changes:

(1) The dynamics of the car on surfaces with cornerstones and bumps have been improved;
(2) The effect of the tyre geometry has been changed (mainly for the "Camber Angle" option);
(3) The handling of some rear heavy cars has been improved;

The default settings of the tuning parts have also been adjusted to match the above changes.

Other cars adjustments
On the various Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X models, it is now possible to enable the [Active Steering] under the [Driving Options] of the "Quick Menu".

Street Spec
@SDsnakebutt
Grand Valley East
Time: 1:11.066
DC: 7

Very stable and predictable with decent rotation. Felt a little bit too stable perhaps, the car never felt alive somehow.
Tsukuba
Time:
1:03.975
DC: 9
What a transformation! Loved this thing in the wet, was great fun and not slow as a result. Lock the rear diff, add some power and you've got yourself a very capable 4wd smoke machine!

Thank you Sir! Once again, another person that has helped me soo much along the way. You have always answered my questions at ur tuning garage and i pretty much have copy/pasted your entire General Tuning guide for my personal notes. haha if i recall correctly i think it may not have been anymore than a week or 2 before this competition, that i asked you a few questions on tuning LSD for 4wd. Good timing!

So you saying those positive things about my tune really means a lot to me! Thank you @DolHaus !

Thank you Sir! Once again, another person that has helped me soo much along the way. You have always answered my questions at ur tuning garage and i pretty much have copy/pasted your entire General Tuning guide for my personal notes. haha if i recall correctly i think it may not have been anymore than a week or 2 before this competition, that i asked you a few questions on tuning LSD for 4wd. Good timing!

So you saying those positive things about my tune really means a lot to me! Thank you @DolHaus !
No problem at all, you are very welcome. Glad to see that you put the theory into practice so well, great job

If the camber do get fixed, now all the cars with zero camber will have much less grip compared to with camber :lol: This is still good news, I am currently busy building GT4 replicas, over 6 cars are on the works, all with high camber similar to RL setup, should drive even better now to replicate race/qualify real life times. It was easily beaten with broken high camber, surely it will drive even quicker now with the camber fixed, I may have to drop down the tire another level from current build SS tire, GT6 SS is still a bit too grippy - it roughly similar to hard slick IRL :eek:

Last edited:
The cars at 0.0 should have roughly the same grip as they do currently, the difference will be that the cambered cars will now have extra grip which could throw the results. It might also mess up the balance of these cars so I think in the interests of fairness tests should be finished using 1.08.
Totally agree with you. Accurate testing can't be done with 2 totally different physics models without throwing a very large spanner in the works

Well at least this didn't happen at the start or half way through the testing window. :D
Well i'm off to finish the racers division and give a solid go at the tuners see if I can get them done today.

I do agree with @DolHaus if you haven't updated yet and are planning to finish testing today please hold off your update till you'er done thank you.

This is your 24 hour notice for testing results!!!!
if they are posted with in 24 hours of this posts time stamp they will be valid. As this is when I will be getting on and closing the challenge and posting final results.

Is this when Jack Bauer stalks into the room, looks around and makes sure that everyone is brought to justice?
But he is a traitor! wait is he a traitor? no he is not a traitor! still get em!!!
yeah your car was fun to drive just got the tires choice wrong. if you had the right rubber on the car you be in third place on lap time too. that's how much of a difference it makes.

But he is a traitor! wait is he a traitor? no he is not a traitor! still get em!!!
yeah your car was fun to drive just got the tires choice wrong. if you had the right rubber on the car you be in third place on lap time too. that's how much of a difference it makes.
I live and learn. At least I don't mess up my gear boxes totally now. Thats what I learnt from the first FITT Miata competition. I next learnt that power = speed, oh my, I suddenly feel like Jeremy Clarkson. But I don't regret for a minute choosing the Mini, As a european, I would rather have handling over speed if I had the choice. I gambled with the tyres. One I choose with CS, the other I went with SM. Should have gone with both CS for the wet. Never mind.

I live and learn. At least I don't mess up my gear boxes totally now. Thats what I learnt from the first FITT Miata competition. I next learnt that power = speed, oh my, I suddenly feel like Jeremy Clarkson. But I don't regret for a minute choosing the Mini, As a european, I would rather have handling over speed if I had the choice. I gambled with the tyres. One I choose with CS, the other I went with SM. Should have gone with both CS for the wet. Never mind.
same here I learned with the miata challenge to loosen my cars up, use aero sparingly, with the BMW challenge I learned to use the low Final gear even if the top speed is capped or the same your getting to it faster so you have a higher average rate of speed on the track. Hot hatch challenge I learned the value of a well tuned LSD i knew it was important prior but that's really what won the hot hatch for me, the LSD. I almost went with the mini but, I couldn't get over the lack of speed.
The PP system is fundamentally flawed it bia's weight far too much. Lighter=faster yes but only to a certain point. Power=faster yes but only to a point. there is always a middle a point that the cars balance out on most tracks.
I may be american but I will take the car that turns over the car that does 300 km/h for most races. If i can get both in I'm a happy man.

I'll have to apologize and say that I was unable to finish the other half of the street racers today. The mother in law decided to give me a surprise visit and discuss my wife's bday plans for tomorrow. I guess that will teach me to leave it till the last day.:banghead: @Otaliema I did an update on my spec street review giving everyone their DC scores. Sorry again boys, but I will say, the comfort sorts in the wet was a drastic difference, well done to those who figured that one out; as it is going down in my notes!👍

I'll have to apologize and say that I was unable to finish the other half of the street racers today. The mother in law decided to give me a surprise visit and discuss my wife's bday plans for tomorrow. I guess that will teach me to leave it till the last day.:banghead: @Otaliema I did an update on my spec street review giving everyone their DC scores. Sorry again boys, but I will say, the comfort sorts in the wet was a drastic difference, well done to those who figured that one out; as it is going down in my notes!👍
Ahh the hey what are you going to do for my daughter visit. gotta love em :cheers: i know em.
I will update thank you. lok above a few posts you will see the 24 hour notice post. so if you find your self with enough time to finish have at it.

This is the test driving results for the Street Racers class.
Autumn ring grip set real, time default, no weather, no surface water
Silverstone the Stowe surface water 100%, grip set real, time default, no weather
Aids ABS 1 all other aids off.

@Ridox2JZGTE Lancer Evolution VI GSR
Autumn Ring Lap time; 1:24.411
DC; 8.5
The Stowe Lap time; 1:07.547
DC; 8
Impressions of the tune; I donn’t ever want to drive this car it’s base off in real life, cause I’d crash it lol. Great tune rotation was spot on. Stable under braking. Even though it was on a stock transmission that didn’t seem to phase this car at all. The only thing I found with it was low grip on entry forcing me to slow more than I would have liked to make the turn once I was in the turn it would eat them up.

Thank you for the review :) I think the real car would make you addicted instead :P

For any other tester on street racers who are interested, may I suggest to run it again with this real life based alignment if you are willing and free, and see how it goes with 1.09 fixed camber :
Stock Factory Recommended specs : F/R camber - 1.0 camber front and back, zero toe front and 0.12 rear toe in.

AutoX : 3.0 camber front, 2.0 camber rear and 0.25 front toe out and zero toe rear.

Tracl : 3.0 camber front, 2.0 camber rear and zero toe front and back.

Not sure how the car will drive with any of the above alignment, I would be grateful if I could get some feedback on the car with those alignment used.

Challenge is officially closed. Please allow me a little bit to compile the winners for lap time drivers choice and get fastest lap data posted.
Time to get out the abacus & start crunching the numbers :D
Something tells me when you've finally finished, I'll hear your sigh of relief all the way over here in Australia :)
Many thanks for running a very interesting Challenge :bowdown: :cheers:

Well i've learned a thing or ten with this one.
  1. if you do a two track challenge have one class and a limited number of cars :lol:
  2. have your scoring sheet done before you start the challenge :boggled:
  3. No matter how much you plan something will go wrong
  4. Check your time line to make sure you don't colloid with a world sporting event. :cheers:

Results are posted here
Congratulations to
@praiano63 with the win for both lap time and drivers choice in spec Street tuner
@Otaliema with the win for lap time and Drivers in Street Racers
@brian wolf with the win for lap time in Pro Spec Rally Cross and @Motor City Hami with the Drivers choice win.
Yea!! Yellow medal in pro spec and Brown medal in street spec!! :lol: How close tho?!! Well done to everyone who took part 👍 And a big THANK YOU to @Otaliema for doing the organising!:bowdown::cheers:

edit : Nearly forgot the other testers!! Well done and thanks for the time and feedback!:)👍

Thanks to @Otaliema and all the testers. Not quite the tuning challenge debut I was hoping for but I guess middle of the pack isn't bad when you consider the competition. I will be returning the favor as a tester next round for sure, and possibly as a tuner if I don't have 17 cars to choose from lol.

Yea!! Yellow medal in pro spec and Brown medal in street spec!! :lol: How close tho?!! Well done to everyone who took part 👍 And a big THANK YOU to @Otaliema for doing the organising!:bowdown::cheers:

edit : Nearly forgot the other testers!! Well done and thanks for the time and feedback!:)👍
Check the results post in in the announcement post for link or 3rd post down page 1 it has the details. or the OP it has a link to the results post.

Back