FITT - Moving on to GT6!

• Thread starter DigitalBaka
  • 2,044 comments
XDesperado67
Okay finally got around to moving CSLACR's 400PP Nördschliefe Shootout to the current events and relegating krenkme's to the salvage yard...uhm I mean archives.:crazy::lol:

I finally got the bill from the city of Monaco, for cleaning the streets of rust after your car had been there. Don't worry, Clueless Tunes will foot the bill this time :dopey:

I finally got the bill from the city of Monaco, for cleaning the streets of rust after your car had been there. Don't worry, Clueless Tunes will foot the bill this time :dopey:

Oh, snap! :lol:

Can anyone tell me how the TOSS shootout ended. I'm still confused. :confused:

Never end!!!:):)

One thing about shootouts, actuals like CSLACR 400pp ring or future, for the driver choice vote ,i think tuner can`t vote in his own car , some few are not very objective doing this, and all the others do the same voting their car, wrong or right because of this.
The simple fact that tuners can`t vote for himsself will show a more accurate and more objective results , for sure it will show the best car of the contest without any doubt. I think also it must be sent by PM to the organizer of the event that will reveal the results of the votes.

What are you alls thinking about this?

Have a good day.

The simple fact that tuners can`t vote for himsself will show a more accurate and more objective results , for sure it will show the best car of the contest without any doubt. I think also it must be sent by PM to the organizer of the event that will reveal the results of the votes.

What are you alls thinking about this?

Have a good day.

I concur. I don't think people should vote for their own submission, be that the car or photo. However, I wouldn't necessarily want to outright bar people from doing so, I'd rather they refrained willingly...

{Cy}

I agree with Praiano and Cy. For mine I did ask that tuners not vote for their own to try to make it more objective. Didn't necessarily ban it outright but I think most folks are happy to comply with such a rule; by and large I think most that have any serious interest in these competitions try to keep things fair anyway. It's something that could be added as a preferred option than an outright ban and I think it will work out.

Good to see you interested, Goldian! I started out tuning back in the Indy shootout and I think I've learned a whole lot. Still have a long way to go to match some of the greats here at GTP but it is definitely an excellent way to learn. 👍

Good to see you interested, Goldian! I started out tuning back in the Indy shootout and I think I've learned a whole lot. Still have a long way to go to match some of the greats here at GTP but it is definitely an excellent way to learn. 👍

Well I was hesitant at first but it seems that the community is what i expected it to be, mature and understandble. Thus I think no one will flame at me if my car runs 1 min slower than any other cars lol

But I understood that its way funner to also have your own cars tuned, so I really need to give it a shot and just go for it as long as everone understands that I am a noob, and I know I am so no need to tell that to me in caps :P

I just wont do it now, got enough time to spend on testing the cars for the ring and next shootout , if im really going to be a tuner, I also want to be a tester

I agree with Praiano and Cy. For mine I did ask that tuners not vote for their own to try to make it more objective. Didn't necessarily ban it outright but I think most folks are happy to comply with such a rule; by and large I think most that have any serious interest in these competitions try to keep things fair anyway. It's something that could be added as a preferred option than an outright ban and I think it will work out.

Speaking of objectivity I had an idea. Objectivity hasn't really been an issue in tuning shootouts but it is possible to have a nearly blind, unbiased way to test drive the cars, using a technique similar to the private lounge networks being set up for GT5 racing.

What if F.I.T.T. set up several accounts, call them FITT Testing 1, FITT Testing 2 etc and used those accounts to hold the test cars on share? It would take some coordination to get it done in a timely fashion, but you would have the tuners send their cars to one of the accounts in question and only the FITT person accepting the cars would know which car belongs to which tuner. So long as they keep it to themselves and the tuners are prevented from posting about it, no one would know who belongs to which car.

The other thing it would accomplish is, using separate accounts dedicated to this with multiple cars hosted, test drivers would only have to FR the dedicated accounts, not 25 or 30 separate tuners. Even if you don't go blind testing, this alone would be a reason to do it. Each driver would have perhaps a half dozen FR's to send out and regular drivers would remain on the friends list of the dedicated accounts. Tuners no longer have to fill up their friend's lists with a dozen or more new "friends" every time they enter a contest.

Something to think about...💡

That is actually not a bad idea. Don't know that we need to go with blind hosting necessarily but the host idea is nice. Shouldn't need more than 5 accounts as tuner counts have been less than 30 for everything thus far. We'd need to have some volunteers with reliable access to create and manage these but shouldn't be too difficult to manage that. Can a PSN ID be used on more than one PS3? That might make things easier as well.

I think I will research the logistics of this... :D

Having dedicated host accounts isn't a bad idea. Only issue would be if a tuner used an untradeable car. Personally I've entered both the Cadillac Cien and Audi Pikes Peak in shootouts so far, neither of which can be traded.:crazy:
Future events may allow other cars that are above the trade limit to be used and we wouldn't want to outright exclude cars from events based solely on their price unless it was some sort of budget event.

Blind testing makes no sense unless everyone is tuning the same car. What's the point if everyone will easily figure out which car belong to who, based on what sort of car each tuner is best known for? The regular testers should know us pretty well by now.

More than one user can log in and do the Friend Requests and such on one account. I don't know how to do it myself, but we are doing it over in ORCA so it would be simple enough to find out.

As far as untradeable cars go, that can be an issue on some shootouts but it should be easy to figure out in advance and work around. You can always throw all the tradeable cars into the FITT accounts and the others the tuners can share themselves. No reason to exclude anyone and I don't see it being too big of an issue in most shootouts.

As far as knowing who tuned what car, of course no system is perfect but having a third party host is surely more blind than having the tuner host the car. But if it's not something you guys are concerned about then that's no problem. In the Fall Shootout for example, several S2000's were entered, I'm not sure how anyone would have figured out who had what car in that case.

Last edited:
As far as knowing who tuned what car, of course no system is perfect but having a third party host is surely more blind than having the tuner host the car. But if it's not something you guys are concerned about then that's no problem. In the Fall Shootout for example, several S2000's were entered, I'm not sure how anyone would have figured out who had what car in that case.

I'm known for entering Honda's into every shootout I can, RJ is known for his Mazda's and XDesperado is known for entering oddballs. Our regular testers are usually people from this very thread, who know what the tuners like and dislike, so they'll easily figure out who tuned what based on a process of elimination and guesswork.

Yes, when many people tune the same car, you can't figure out who tuned what and it makes for effective blind tuning. That's the sort of shootout that could actually benefit from blind testing, a shootout where there's only one or two cars available to tune.

Hey guys, just another idea, but if we made a FITT account or 2, (or 4) we could send our cars for shootouts there, and/or build them with it, the goal being that every car is available on the main FITT account, so testers can log in and run an entire list of tuner shootout cars online.
Gives us online shootouts with almost no hassle, and makes testing faster and easier since you can switch cars in lounges and lobby. :)

Sounds like good ideas guys. If this is something that we want to do then we'll need a volunteer or volunteers to set up the F.I.T.T. account/s and maintain them. Unfortunately due to my lack of reliable internet and no computer I'm pretty much at the limit of what I can do.

Just thought of something. The cars themselves are not linked to the PSN account, that I know of. They are all stored locally on the hard drive. We could have several people log in to accept FRs but the same person would have accept all the cars on that account for a particular event.

I suppose we could use some kind of cloud storage to put the save data to use as in CSLs idea, but again, same person would need to accept all the cars. Not necessarily a killer but something to consider.

Unless I'm totally wrong...anyone know for sure?

I'm known for entering Honda's into every shootout I can, RJ is known for his Mazda's and XDesperado is known for entering oddballs. Our regular testers are usually people from this very thread, who know what the tuners like and dislike, so they'll easily figure out who tuned what based on a process of elimination and guesswork.

Yes, when many people tune the same car, you can't figure out who tuned what and it makes for effective blind tuning. That's the sort of shootout that could actually benefit from blind testing, a shootout where there's only one or two cars available to tune.

As I said, if this is not a concern or issue for you guys then that's not a worthwhile advantage of this type of setup. But if you want to go bigger than you are now, it's something that might come into play in the future or in a shootout that has a limited/small number of different cars and you want blind testing.

Hey guys, just another idea, but if we made a FITT account or 2, (or 4) we could send our cars for shootouts there, and/or build them with it, the goal being that every car is available on the main FITT account, so testers can log in and run an entire list of tuner shootout cars online.
Gives us online shootouts with almost no hassle, and makes testing faster and easier since you can switch cars in lounges and lobby. :)

Yes this is another benefit to this type of setup. You can run shootouts both online and offline if every tester can get access to the accounts. I know we have multiple access to our ORCA accounts and I can find out how it's done or you can contact Brandon over at ORCA and he'll fill you in.

Just thought of something. The cars themselves are not linked to the PSN account, that I know of. They are all stored locally on the hard drive. We could have several people log in to accept FRs but the same person would have accept all the cars on that account for a particular event.

I suppose we could use some kind of cloud storage to put the save data to use as in CSLs idea, but again, same person would need to accept all the cars. Not necessarily a killer but something to consider.

Unless I'm totally wrong...anyone know for sure?

You're right, each driver would have to accept each car to make the game save.
The only way I can think of around it is for one driver to accept the cars, make the game save, and upload the game save here.
We could then download it, and put it on our PS3, and run the account. It would be a one-shot type thing, meaning no cars shared until the tuning deadline, so we'd need to transfer only once, of course.

Unless it's tried and failed before then, I'll be doing it for my next shootout. :)
I'm going to do some tests and see if it works first I guess. :dopey:

Okay, maybe I am just getting a hard understanding of what everyone wants to do here. But if we are worry about hiding who tuned what, I don't do see why. But if we are trying to limit the amount of FR needed (i.e. I'm a friends of 5 tuners, who's friends list is full, they send me there car, I share it, and I'm not the only friend they need to have ) I'd have be happy to help/host. If that helps

Okay, maybe I am just getting a hard understanding of what everyone wants to do here. But if we are worry about hiding who tuned what, I don't do see why. But if we are trying to limit the amount of FR needed (i.e. I'm a friends of 5 tuners, who's friends list is full, they send me there car, I share it, and I'm not the only friend they need to have ) I'd have be happy to help/host. If that helps
Actually if you look at the list of F.I.T.T. members at the beginning you'll see a number of us have offered to host cars. That was part of the reason I set up a second account.:D

XDesperado67
Actually if you look at the list of F.I.T.T. members at the beginning you'll see a number of us have offered to host cars. That was part of the reason I set up a second account.:D

Well I have no friends ... :dopey:... so I guess you can sign me up as a host then :D

No, the point was to be able to take all the cars online.
If we have all tuners submitting officially by sending their car to an account, that account goes in and collects all cars at once, and saves the game.
He then loads that game save for downloading, and test drivers log into that account with the downloaded game save, and can drive all the cars entered online.

I wonder, how does that work with the DLC? If the person that creates the account has DLCs will a tester without be able to use one of those cars for testing regardless of whether they've bought it on their main account? I'd be interested to see how that would work. If nobody has tested it I may do that as my weekend project. :D

I only read this topic real fast, but about the save game being on your ps3 you can give the FITT account playstation PLUS, that way when example you play at your place, you can save the game in a certain way that when u log on another ps3 u can recover the saved data.. never had playstation plus yet but yeah, night consider that aswell

Problem with plus is that it costs what, $50? Granted that its a year subscription but still. Not a bad idea but the money factor is a bit of an issue. If they make the cloud storage free though...

DaDog
thank you :(

I didn't mean you Dog. I meant I have free space to add friends, because I don't have many on my friends list.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings :dopey:. I'll send you some cookies to make it all better. :D

I didn't mean you Dog. I meant I have free space to add friends, because I don't have many on my friends list.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings :dopey:. I'll send you some cookies to make it all better. :D

yippi cookies :D

Back