FITT - Moving on to GT6!

• Thread starter DigitalBaka
  • 2,044 comments
Anyone remember the first shootout? The FF event with a million ITRs? Was it Dylan that entered the FTO? Just wanted to say that after months of searching the UCD I have finally gotten that car. Good thing it was shared or the results would have been a bit delayed.... :eek:

Would it be okay to run an event the same time another is going on? I have an idea of running a very quick 2 week event. Roughly 10 tuners, any testers, just fastest times, done. Just asking and not trying to jump in line of the shootouts.

For my money I've rather wait and not have too much overlap. RJ brought up a good point a while back that the events are all stacked up on top of each otherwith no break. It might be nice to have some time between, especially after such an intense event as we have now. I enjoy participating but it does get a bit time consuming and stressful on both sides of these events.

In the future though, if we have some time where the big events are being planned and there its some downtime, I could see running a couple small ones at the same time.

Fair enough. :D. Just asking, because we had 29 tuners start and 10 make it to the next round of the current event, just thinking they maybe iching for another shootout. But I see your point 👍 A break is always good (I was most likely getting in over my head anyway :dopey: ).

I'd like to get to planning the Mother Of All GT5 Tuning Shootouts, aka TCV1, but well...

When I brought up a thread about it, everyone started yelling at me to join FITT instead. It would not be a FITT event and it'd probably take a fair few months from the official "start" to the end of it... We're talking 3, maybe 4 classes, ??? tuners with potentially a tune from each in each class...

So 60-80 cars to test. Tuners wouldn't have to test all classes but would have to do the entirety of a given class. Time would be made more than adequate.

Now then, I think I'm going to resurrect that thread and start discussion proper.

I'd like to get to planning the Mother Of All GT5 Tuning Shootouts, aka TCV1, but well...

When I brought up a thread about it, everyone started yelling at me to join FITT instead. It would not be a FITT event and it'd probably take a fair few months from the official "start" to the end of it... We're talking 3, maybe 4 classes, ??? tuners with potentially a tune from each in each class...

So 60-80 cars to test. Tuners wouldn't have to test all classes but would have to do the entirety of a given class. Time would be made more than adequate.

Now then, I think I'm going to resurrect that thread and start discussion proper.
I don't know why people would yell to join FITT, it's not mandatory.
I am very interested to see this event though.

Didn't yell at RJ, just digested that his event be included as another type of F.I.T.T. event was all...:embarrassed:

Rotary Junkie

So something like a Super Lap Battle kind of event? Sounds interesting, something I'd be up for certainly. If you need help with the logistics I'm in to help. :D

Fair enough. :D. Just asking, because we had 29 tuners start and 10 make it to the next round of the current event, just thinking they maybe iching for another shootout. But I see your point 👍 A break is always good (I was most likely getting in over my head anyway :dopey: ).

I know i am , just not something that stretches for to long , but i am allready looking forward to the next event :D

Technology Crossover Ventures..??
Tibetan Children's Villages..??
Them Crooked Vultures..??

Help an old man out, what does TCV stand for/mean..??

I'm always interested in new and exciting shootout type things...

{Cy}

Tuner Challenge Version 1. Sheesh, kids these days..:ouch:

Well, you can hardly blame him for not knowing, we aren't all from the same era as you and the GT4 oldies. :P

I actually played GT1 but due to old age i can't remember much :D

damn i feel so old some times :(

Just looking to confirm that ryangt is up next with his event since we are getting close to the end of CSLACRs shootout.

After that is Dragonthing going to have hers ready or are we looking at krenkme's quickie?

do you guys have an idea timewise ( i mean a date ) to when this would / could be started .... the new event i mean .

Well i was thinking about it today at the gym, would the tuners like a week break after Cslacr's event? or would they rather just start the event a few days after?

Well i was thinking about it today at the gym, would the tuners like a week break after Cslacr's event? or would they rather just start the event a few days after?

Start straight away, but give maybe 2 weeks to submit tunes....... :scared:

Start straight away, but give maybe 2 weeks to submit tunes....... :scared:
This.

Not all of us were included in CSLACR's second round, so there are a majority of tuners that are ready to go right now.

This.

Not all of us were included in CSLACR's second round, so there are a majority of tuners that are ready to go right now.

And some of us who did fluke our way through are ready to go right now too :sly:

Well, I say that, I still have 2½ cars left to test, but gloss over that...

{Cy}

So who's the event organiser for the next mighty tuner shootout?

I would love to start work on organising my desired vehicle / s for the next challenge...

Do we know what the next challenge is? I would like to see a MR challenge or an all RUF challenge on some tight, twisty circuit.

Motor City Hami
Do we know what the next challenge is? I would like to see a MR challenge or an all RUF challenge on some tight, twisty circuit.

Something to do with cars from Japan I believe. Not sure.

I like your thinking 👍:dopey:

Back