FITT - Moving on to GT6!

• Thread starter DigitalBaka
  • 2,044 comments
Like Will Smif's in Bad Boys?

More Wangan Midnight, like this one.

wangan-midnight.jpg

Like Will Smif's in Bad Boys?
One of the few scenes I hated in that movie. No way any sort of street legal 911 is going to win a drag race against a real AC Cobra. No way, no how, nope never going to happen.:drool:

One of the few scenes I hated in that movie. No way any sort of street legal 911 is going to win a drag race against a real AC Cobra. No way, no how, nope never going to happen.:drool:

lol okay.

Sides the fact that a "real AC Cobra" is actually not all that quick.

lol okay.

Sides the fact that a "real AC Cobra" is actually not all that quick.
Excuse me? The 427 held the record for fastest time from 0-100-0mph for over 30 years for a production car. The 427 Cobra Coupe was quite successful in NHRA and the regular 427 only slightly less so.

The car is legendary not because of its looks (which while decent aren't all that different from several other sports cars of that era.) But because of its performance both on tracks and off them.

Check out the video on the following page for some fun.
http://jalopnik.com/5346219/ac-cobra-out+drags-corvette-zr1

And here is another link regarding how "slow" the Cobra is.
http://www.google.com/m/url?client=...YQFjAC&usg=AFQjCNGeMAppI7KOX04LyHNqNix-NPyhfw

Last edited:
Excuse me? The 427 held the record for fastest time from 0-100-0mph for over 30 years for a production car. The 427 Cobra Coupe was quite successful in NHRA and the regular 427 only slightly less so.

The car is legendary not because of its looks (which while decent aren't all that different from several other sports cars of that era.) But because of its performance both on tracks and off them.

Check out the video on the following page for some fun.
http://jalopnik.com/5346219/ac-cobra-out+drags-corvette-zr1

And here is another link regarding how "slow" the Cobra is.
http://www.google.com/m/url?client=...YQFjAC&usg=AFQjCNGeMAppI7KOX04LyHNqNix-NPyhfw

In a quick google, I found these times

RUF CTR Yellowbird: 11.7/11.9
A/C Cobra: 12.4/12.4

http://classicponycars.com/cobra.html
A link for the Cobra, since time are harder to find for it.

Okay I stand somewhat corrected as the Yellowbird is one of the first cars to break the stock Cobra 427s 0-60 and 0-100mph times.

Found the following site that should be of interest to all us speed freaks.:D

http://www.supercarworld.com/cgi-bin/records.cgi

You'll find a few surprising cars on there and some whose performance in game doesn't come close to matching their record setting performances in real life.:odd:

Oh and for the record while both cars saw very limited production the yellowbird may actually be rarer as there were only 25 of them built in real life. The yellowbird also had a slightly better power to weight and used a custom 6 speed transmission vs the Cobras 4 speed. Not to mention the yellowbird had the benefit of 20+ years of technological advancement over the Cobra including much better tires.

Not that it would ever happen unless some billionaire goes nuts, but would be interesting to see some of these legendary cars go all out in stock condition using comparable performance tires from today.

Last edited:
Okay I stand somewhat corrected as the Yellowbird is one of the first cars to break the stock Cobra 427s 0-60 and 0-100mph times.

You'll find a few surprising cars on there and some whose performance in game doesn't come close to matching their record setting performances in real life.:odd:

Oh and for the record while both cars saw very limited production the yellowbird may actually be rarer as there were only 25 of them built in real life. The yellowbird also had a slightly better power to weight and used a custom 6 speed transmission vs the Cobras 4 speed. Not to mention the yellowbird had the benefit of 20+ years of technological advancement over the Cobra including much better tires.

Not that it would ever happen unless some billionaire goes nuts, but would be interesting to see some of these legendary cars go all out in stock condition using comparable performance tires from today.

6 speeds to go 211mph though. :P

The AC is legendary, for it's time, but as with all things, it has an expiration date to when it becomes obsolete, even the Veyron will.

6 speeds to go 211mph though. :P

The AC is legendary, for it's time, but as with all things, it has an expiration date to when it becomes obsolete, even the Veyron will.
I'm just wondering if an original 427 S/C on comparable tires wouldn't have gone 0-60 in under 4 seconds as well and 0-100 in well under 10 seconds. Late 80s street tires provided much greater grip than mid 60s. Of course the best street tires of today are even stickyer so...

One of the links I posted above has a guy talking about his restored and seriously tuned 427 (Shelby did the tuning) using Racing tires he does 0-60 in 2.1 seconds and the quarter mile in 8.9 seconds. Of course his is putting out 685hp which is about 200hp more than stock.

Oh and by the way the Porsche in Bad Boys is a 964 3.6 Turbo and not a Yellowbird. So it is several hundred pounds heavier than a Yellowbird and has less HP.
Ruf actually used the non turbo 964 3.6 as the base for the Yellowbird because it was lighter than the turbo version. They then replaced a good portion of the body panels and took other steps to further lighten the car. They not only gave the engine more power but installed their own custom built 6 speed transmission as the 964 only had a 5 speed as was common at that time.

Finally got around to putting link for ryangt's shootout in the current events list.

Also moved CSLACR's to the archive list.

Any word from Dragonthing/RKM garage on if she/they will be ready with an event after ryangt?

Just to ask, I have a idea for a shootout, but I would like to know what I need to organize one, those things. Could someone give me some advice? Sorry if it's the wrong thread to ask..

Just to ask, I have a idea for a shootout, but I would like to know what I need to organize one, those things. Could someone give me some advice? Sorry if it's the wrong thread to ask..

This is exactly the thread to ask. 👍

Give us the following:
- idea
- venue
- PP Class
- Tyres
- Time

etc.

This is exactly the thread to ask. 👍

Give us the following:
- idea
- venue
- PP Class
- Tyres
- Time

etc.

I don't know if it has been done before, but what I though was a Super GT/JGTC shootout.

-Two classes:
-GT500: Limited to 500bhp and 1100kg.
-GT300: Limited to 300bhp and 1100kg.

-List of cars will be posted, and each tuner choose what car they want to choose.
-If a high demand of tuners appear, then two tuners could tune the same car.

-Tracks that will be used:
-Nordschleife
-Suzuka
-Fuji F

-Each tester will need to run 2 or 3 laps on the Nordschleife and 5 on both Suzuka and Fuji.
-Tuners can use different final gear ratios for the tracks, but suspension, aerodynamics and LSD need to be the same.
-Testers will post their best time on all 3 tracks and winners will be decided by the calculated time of their best time on all tracks. (I'll be doing the math, don't worry).

Something among those lines. It will not be started until Ryan's shootout is finished, so there is a long time to think on it. Ideas, feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I don't consider mid 12s all that quick when we're talking "fast" cars. Fact is, most muscle cars are slow today.

Hell, a stock new Boss 302 will do 11s with nothing but a set of drag slicks and a good driver.

Not to mention there are plenty of 10-second modified Porkas that are still perfectly street legal.

I don't consider mid 12s all that quick when we're talking "fast" cars. Fact is, most muscle cars are slow today.

Hell, a stock new Boss 302 will do 11s with nothing but a set of drag slicks and a good driver.

Not to mention there are plenty of 10-second modified Porkas that are still perfectly street legal.
Did you look at the links I posted above?
The one has a guy with a restored 427 that has been modified by Shelby. It's street legal still but the engine is now making 685HP. He runs 8.9 in the quarter with drag tires on it and does 0-60mph in 2.1 seconds...Real world stuff not a game.
Also as I mentioned to CSLACR those 12 second times by a stock 427 were done in the mid 1960s on street tires. Even keeping it on street tires I dare say it would run a bit faster now days because the tires are a lot better.

I don't know if it has been done before, but what I though was a Super GT/JGTC shootout.

-Two classes:
-GT500: Limited to 500bhp and 1100kg.
-GT300: Limited to 300bhp and 1100kg.

-List of cars will be posted, and each tuner choose what car they want to choose.
-If a high demand of tuners appear, then two tuners could tune the same car.

-Tracks that will be used:
-Nordschleife
-Suzuka
-Fuji F

-Each tester will need to run 2 or 3 laps on the Nordschleife and 5 on both Suzuka and Fuji.
-Tuners can use different final gear ratios for the tracks, but suspension, aerodynamics and LSD need to be the same.
-Testers will post their best time on all 3 tracks and winners will be decided by the calculated time of their best time on all tracks. (I'll be doing the math, don't worry).

Something among those lines. It will not be started until Ryan's shootout is finished, so there is a long time to think on it. Ideas, feedback would be greatly appreciated.
I really like the idea of a SuperGT tuning shootout, and I've been thinking of it a while, and one thing I know certain is, if you give all those cars identical limits, based on PP or HP/WT, one or two will emerge dominant, most likely.

Maybe do some pre-testing on Suzuka, and get a feel for how the cars perform relative one another at 500HP/1100KG, and give some boosts or cuts to whatever seems to need it, and then we'll get a better variety.

Just my two cents.:)

just a little funny video about the cobra :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liLpiev54lA

I really like the idea of a SuperGT tuning shootout, and I've been thinking of it a while, and one thing I know certain is, if you give all those cars identical limits, based on PP or HP/WT, one or two will emerge dominant, most likely.

Maybe do some pre-testing on Suzuka, and get a feel for how the cars perform relative one another at 500HP/1100KG, and give some boosts or cuts to whatever seems to need it, and then we'll get a better variety.

I see. There's still some time to think, since I'm still waiting Ryan's showdown end before I start mine.. I could test the SuperGT cars later today to see which will dominate..

I see. There's still some time to think, since I'm still waiting Ryan's showdown end before I start mine.. I could test the SuperGT cars later today to see which will dominate..

One thing, to keep the one or two dominant cars out, is to have stricked limit on the ballast/power limiter to eliminate those cars (in my shootout I set it to try and get rid of the Lambo's... but dirty oil was something that I didn't forsee :dunce: )

Testing will need to be done to see what would make a shootout fun, and close, so if you need any feed back or help let me know. I think it's a great idea to have a shootout with the cars we always say are not aloud (something I've been working on as well :D )

I can try and help if you need it, and good luck 👍:dopey:

One thing, to keep the one or two dominant cars out, is to have stricked limit on the ballast/power limiter to eliminate those cars (in my shootout I set it to try and get rid of the Lambo's... but dirty oil was something that I didn't forsee :dunce: )

Testing will need to be done to see what would make a shootout fun, and close, so if you need any feed back or help let me know. I think it's a great idea to have a shootout with the cars we always say are not aloud (something I've been working on as well :D )

I can try and help if you need it, and good luck 👍:dopey:

About the power limit and ballast, I have almost all cars that race in both categories (only missing is the ARTA Garayia '03, Standard model from the JGTC era). And what I could get, as data was:

GT500: 500 HP and 1200 kg.
GT300: 300 HP and 1175 kg.

About the rules, what I though is doing something like Ryan's shootout, and the prizes are very alike with his shootout.

I can explain that later tomorrow, since I have written the rules in my notebook (I was veryy bored at the school today, mind you.) :lol:

Here is what I have written as for rules for the Super GT/JGTC shootout I'm planning on doing.

Rules (could be changed):
1) Two categories of car:
1a) GT500: 500 HP and 1200 Kg.
1b) GT300: 300 HP and 1175 Kg.

2) Tuners can tune one car per category.

3) Tuners will have to choose from a list which car they want to tune (if a huge number of tuners sign in to the shootout, two tuners may tune the same car).

4) Tracks that will be used:
4a) Nurburgring Nordschleife (might be changed)
4b) Suzuka Circuit
4c) Fuji Speedway F

5) Each tester will have to run 2 laps on the Nordschleife and 5 laps on both Suzuka and Fuji.

6) Each tester will have to submit their fastest lap on each track, and those times will be added to make the total time of each tester.
6a) Those total times will be added between them to make the total time of each tuner (this might need to be re-written, my english isn't that good).

7) Each tester will choose their top 3 cars, which what they'll consider the the best gains 3 points, the 2nd gains 2 points and the 3rd gains 1 point. (Much like Ryan's showdown this 7th rule).

8) Each tuner may only change from one track to another the final gear ratio (Much like Ryan's showdown again).

PRIZES:

The tuner with most points wins a 1 million car and 5 rare paints.
The second tuner with most points win a half million car and 3 rare paints.
The third tuner with most points win a quarter million car and a rare paint.
The fastest tuner and fastest tester (those are from the added times) win both a half million car and a rare paint.

Feedback would be really greatly appreciated.

EDIT: 1500TH POST!!

Last edited:
Here is what I have written as for rules for the Super GT/JGTC shootout I'm planning on doing.

Rules (could be changed):
1) Two categories of car:
1a) GT500: 500 HP and 1200 Kg.
1b) GT300: 300 HP and 1175 Kg.

2) Tuners can tune one car per category.

3) Tuners will have to choose from a list which car they want to tune (if a huge number of tuners sign in to the shootout, two tuners may tune the same car).

imo it would be better to let tuners select the same car as someone else if they want too, so long as the car is off of the prescribed list and meets the class requirements.

Also are you planning on making it 3 cars per tuner per class? I'm not following how this is similar to RyanGt's, sorry........

imo 1 car for all three tracks per class is more than enough work for tuners and testers.......just my thoughts, you wanted some opinions.....

imo it would be better to let tuners select the same car as someone else if they want too, so long as the car is off of the prescribed list and meets the class requirements.

What I thought is that every car should be used.. But I can take that in consideration.. I don't think that the tuners wouldn't like to not be able to choose the car they feel most comfortable with..

Also are you planning on making it 3 cars per tuner per class? I'm not following how this is similar to RyanGt's, sorry........

imo 1 car for all three tracks per class is more than enough work for tuners and testers.......just my thoughts, you wanted some opinions.....

Nope, what I meant is that the tuners could choose a car from the GT500 category and one from the GT300 category. They can enter in only one if they want. Every tuner will work with 1 car and if they want to take part in both categories, 2 cars.

To get full involvement of testers, it seems "groups" are the way to go. That way of you have 30 tuners for one class testers will not have to test all 30, but rather 15. (Hope that made sense )

Also with that you could have one track for round one, and one for round two.

Less testing = more involvement (in my opinion)

To get full involvement of testers, it seems "groups" are the way to go. That way of you have 30 tuners for one class testers will not have to test all 30, but rather 15. (Hope that made sense )

Also with that you could have one track for round one, and one for round two.

Less testing = more involvement (in my opinion)

concur, Groups most certainly make life easier (pending amount of entries)

and now understand what you were saying too Nascar, makes sense to my simple brain now, thank you

krenkme, you saying that if I cut to like, one track, there would be a better response for tuners and testers? Or you saying something totally different that mind could not understand? :lol:

So I gots me another idea for an event. :D It would be similar in setup to the Tons of Fun event with the grouping, two rounds, different tracks. Going to go with a higher PP level than we have been doing lately, probably in the ballpark of 550-600. Still tossing up tires. Tuner participation would be limited to 12-15 with testers signing up by group. Tuners will work in teams for the first round and like in the ToF the fastest of each group moves to the second round. Testers can do multiple groups and of course will need to test all cars on all tracks for each group they commit to run.

Should be exciting but happy to wait my turn of course. :D Very excited to see what Dragon has come up with as well as the GT event.

NascarManiaco99
krenkme, you saying that if I cut to like, one track, there would be a better response for tuners and testers? Or you saying something totally different that mind could not understand? :lol:

I'm saying that if you are going to do two rounds, one track per round might bring out more testers. Seeing that they wouldn't have to test for hours on end.

Tuners will turn out no matter the amount of tracks. I only matters what the event is and the restrictions for the event to tuners.

Back