Formula B-Spec - Season 1 Finished

• Thread starter Earth
  • 344 comments

Move the start of the season to next week?

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
GTP_Royalton
Article History

Q: What is Formula B-Spec?

Formula B-Spec is a racing series using the 2006 simulation rFactor. The AI drives the cars, but the user has control over the car's setup. There is no need to own the game in order to join, as all races will be run on my PC.

Q: How is the Championship setup?

There will 22 drivers. Spots for the first season will be given on a first come first serve basis. If you are unable to paint your own team cars, then you will need to have someone else do it for you or you will have to pick an already painted car.

Each season will consist of 10 races, each 200kms in length (ovals may be 200 miles in length). At the end of each season, there will be a vote for the 2 least popular tracks. These tracks will be removed and replaced by 2 new tracks.

The current Championship rounds stand as this:

June 3rd, 2014
Preseason Test #1- Jerez

June 6th, 2014
Preseason Test #2 - Jerez

Round 1 - Australian Grand Prix @ Melbourne
Race Video
Results

Round 2 - Chinese Grand Prix @ Shanghai International Circuit
Race Video
Results

Round 3 - Spanish Grand Prix @ Catalunya

Round 4 - Monaco Grand Prix @ Circuit de Monaco
Race Video

Round 5 - German Grand Prix @ Hockenheim 1998
Race Video & Results

Round 6 - United States Grand Prix @ Road America
Race Video & Results

Round 7 - Italian Grand Prix @ Monza
Race Video & Results

Round 8 - Belgian Grand Prix @ Spa-Francorchamps

Round 9 - British Grand Prix @ Silverstone

Round 10 Japanese Grand Prix @ Suzuka

Championship Points Payout is as follows:
  1. 30
  2. 20
  3. 16
  4. 13
  5. 12
  6. 11
  7. 10
  8. 9
  9. 8
  10. 7
  11. 6
  12. 5
  13. 4
  14. 3
  15. 2
  16. 1
  17. 0
  18. 0
  19. 0
  20. 0
  21. 0
  22. 0

At the end of each season the 6 lowest scoring drivers will be removed. A win is the only way a driver in the bottom 6 of points will not be removed. A test for new teams and drivers will follow each season. The fastest 6 from that test will earn entries into the next season, by either joining existing teams or creating a team of their own if there is room. The slowest 6 drivers removed from the previous season are not eligible to race the next season, but the season after that. Entries for the test to earn the 6 entries are limited to 15 drivers.

Entries

Mad Flavour
9Om2ABM.jpg

Jahgee1124
0BnzyzB.jpg

Mega Umbreon
pZgjnTo.jpg

BKGlover
ImNLkB7.jpg

Dustone
QWE6z7e.jpg

swiftsmith
fyWirLN.jpg

optiongamers
PCOw3g0.jpg

yabiggoose
Pvlt1fJ.jpg

Earth
kihNKYm.jpg

goofytyler
A8dcuxO.jpg

Gererghini

RACECAR

pezzarinho17

quietgirl
Frizbe
DCybertron
(empty)
(empty)
(empty)
(empty)
(empty)
(empty)

Liveries and Painting Cars

Livery Rules
- No tobacco sponsorship
- Livery must be professional (Nothing you wouldnt find on a real Formula car)

Templates
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/78e6t4a3em58v/

Car Settings

Do not post personal car settings in this thread.

Once you have a d car, I will send you the setting options via PM. I will create a setup in game and attach it to your car.

Entry Form

Uploaded Livery or Livery Request:

Last edited:
Can you send me a template to create a livery?

Here you go. If you have trouble I suggest downloading a few 2006 champ car liveries from rfactor central to see what everything corresponds to.

www.mediafire.com/folder/78e6t4a3em58v

Remember guys you can choose an already painted car for your team and Ill download it

Choose one and I'll download it for you and your in the championship. Its that easy.

300+ Liveries here
https://www.rfactorcentral.com/skins.cfm?ID=2006 Champ Car World Series

Last edited:
Updated post #3 with preview pics of liveries that are ready to go if you do not want to or cant paint your own car

I've removed the 'teammate' equation to the championship, complicated things too much. Drivers are now on their own.

Looks great, but I'll stick with Toyota :)

OK great, we have our first official entry.

Yes Im interested. Id like to paint my own but I cant seem to open the psd files as Im using paintshop pro. Ill see what I can do.

I was able to open the .psd with gimp not sure why its locking you out.

Painting cars in rFactor can be a pain. For this particular mod, theres 3 templates, the body, wings, and helmet. If you need me to upload the template of a finished car so you can tell where things go and what is what I will.

This forum really needs spoiler tags. Would really help to tidy up some of my posts.

I'm interested in this, I'd love to be the Dupont car

Team Name (If creating a team and not joining one): Team JG
Two Car Numbers: 24, 11
Uploaded Livery or Livery Request: DuPont please

Last edited:
Very interested in this. I want to post my entry but since I haven't painted mine yet (which I plan on doing), I'm wondering if I still should.

Very interested in this. I want to post my entry but since I haven't painted mine yet (which I plan on doing), I'm wondering if I still should.

Sure you can post an entry right now without the car being completed.

Im going to work on ironing out the testing rules tonight. Testing is basically the teams chance to see how they stack up against the competition before the real racing starts. Also I'll try to get some onboard laps on youtube so the teams can see how the car is behaving in order to make the right adjustments.

OK then, I'm in:

Team Name (If creating a team and not joining one): Camyron Jackson Racing
Two Car Numbers: 32, 31
Uploaded Livery or Livery Request: Uploaded livery (Coming Soon)

I'll have car 32 with Gamestop as mah sponsor. Basically, I'm bringing back this, possibly with some changes just to update it.

For my helmet, can I get something like this?
stock-photo-jeff-gordon-helmet-4735228.jpg

I'll let my teammate do what he wants with his helmet

I'm interested in joining, and if this livery is still available (it's on page 10) I'll take it. Also, if @Jahgee1124 doesn't mind, I'd like to join his team.
Edit: It looks like I'll be taking Gordon's rainbow warrior car instead.

Last edited:
@swiftsmith
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/78e6t4a3em58v

@BKGlover
Let me know what livery you want and your team name, or if your joining another team, and your in.

@Doodle
This is Formula racing, so I had to find a way to separate the cars and setup was it. Good cars dominate Formula racing so Im keeping that feel here. If your car is slow early in the season you have time to test new setups in every practice at each race in an attempt to become faster. I think thats a clever way of mimicking development of a Formula car.

@Jahgee1124
@Mega Umbreon
The rule for team cars is that the liveries must be identical, except for the rollover bar and mirror color as well as the number.

Im having all sorts of trouble trying to access my mediafire account. The best thing for the long run is probably to create an account at rfactorcentral so you can download the liveries straight to your personal computer so you can view them and edit them.

Heres the official template of the helmet. Looks super confusing, but some liveries on rfactor central have already painted helmets you can use as a guide some even have driver suits.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xy8722bgxks4515/CCWS06_HELMET_Template_iDT.psd

Let me know how it goes

I downloaded the livery, how do I edit it?

So our team will use the flames 24 livery, and I'll try and put the 11 on for @Mega Umbreon

If you can just change the number to 11, and paint the rollover bar and mirrors a different color, your set. If not I'll see what I can do to get it done. Thete should be a few people here who can help us

On a different note, looks like I found a way to get myself into this championship. Before I was sure I couldnt race as I see everyones setups, so I know which are fast. The way around that is to simply use whatever setup my teammate chooses. That way I personally have zero input on the setup and its fair to everyone.

So Im a driver looking for a team now if anyone is interested

Given up trying to do my own, Ill just take this one:

30-May-08-5631-SI_GreenMonster_rFC_OG1.jpg

Team Name (If creating a team and not joining one): Monster Racing
Two Car Numbers: #77
Uploaded Livery or Livery Request: one above.

If anyone wants to be my team mate the guy has done other colours to choose from:
31-May-08-6056-SI_GreyMonster_rFC_OG.jpg

31-May-08-9999-SI_OrangeMonster_rFC_OG.jpg

31-May-08-1677-SI_BlueMonster_rFC_OG.jpg

31-May-08-8376-SI_BlackMonster_rFC_OG.jpg

31-May-08-7031-SI_WhiteMonster_rFC_OG.jpg

31-May-08-1230-SI_YellowMonster_rFC_OG.jpg

29-May-08-3244-RedMonster_rFC_OG.jpg

Team Name (If creating a team and not joining one): Lightning In A Bottle Motorsports
Two Car Numbers: 50, 17
Uploaded Livery or Livery Request: I'd like to Upload a Livery but I'm awful at templates.

Back