Formula B-Spec Season 2 Finished - optiongamers champ

• Thread starter Earth
  • 787 comments

Add weight distribution as a setup option starting with race #2?

• Yes

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well honestly @optiongamers has this championship won if he finishes at least 6th. @pezzarinho17 basically needs to win Japan and optiongamers needs to screw up for pez to win the title.

Stil saddened I could not win a race this season given I've tried much harder this season. Maybe next season perhaps.

Well honestly @optiongamers has this championship won if he finishes at least 6th. @pezzarinho17 basically needs to win Japan and optiongamers needs to screw up for pez to win the title.

Stil saddened I could not win a race this season given I've tried much harder this season. Maybe next season perhaps.
You were fast at Spa which was a tricky compromise between cornering and straight line speed just like Fuji and I bet you didn't expect to be leading in Catalunya, it's not over yet.

Last edited:
Locked up a Top 5 in the Championship, awe yeah! Can still mathematically get 3rd, gonna need a miracle though. Title battle is gonna go down to the wire, Fuji is gonna be good.

I gotta pull of a 2012 Gordon, winning the race even though I'm out of the championship :lol:
jE5TTbw.jpg

Just replace the 2013 with Season 2. :lol:

1st Place pezzarinho17 FIS/Honda

8TOM5Ba.jpg

Q:
Did you expect to win, especially by that much?

pezzarinho17: It seemed likely after a very good practice session, but I thought we would have a great race with Peasantslayer following qualifying. When I saw that he was 1 stopping, I really didn't know what to expect! A great win in the end though and a real reward to put in such a dominant performance at this stage of the season.

Q: Was the 2 stop strategy the deciding factor in your win or was the car simply faster and any strategy would have worked?

pezzarinho17: I'm not entirely sure if I am honest. More of our competitors made the 1 stop strategy work in their favour, but given how close our performance has been to Peasantslayer all season I would say that it must have been the difference in the end. I'm glad to seemingly have a better understanding of the strategies later in the season, since a few wrong calls in the early races cost us points.

Q: Do you prefer the quieter races like the one we've had at the Nurburgring or the ones with more 'action'?

pezzarinho17: My race was nicer being quiet, but I thought the racing in the rest of the field was brilliant to watch. It definitely makes the series more entertaining to have these battles aired, even if not for the race win itself. Even leading though, I still fear a run in with lapped cars since those 2 similar retirements mid-season.

Q: Is your car fast enough to win outright at Fuji?

pezzarinho17: I hope so, it would be amazing to give Honda a win at their home race. The long straight will probably play to the strength of others though so it is about hitting the ground running in practice and believing we have a strong base to work on after that.

2nd Place Peasantslayer FIS/Honda

yZN3R6f.jpg

Q: You were on pole but lost the lead in turn 1 and never recovered. What happened?

Peasantslayer: I had a bad start and starting on an outside grid slot meant that @optiongamers could squeeze me out into T1 and after a scrappy few corners @pezzarinho17 had disappeared, I knew I had lucked into the pole position a bit so I wasn't expecting to win.

Q: Are you second guessing the 1 stop strategy?

Peasantslayer: I thought that the 2 guys behind me would go for a 1 stop which I judged correctly, I thought I would probably get 2nd regardless of strategy so I took a chance but unfortunately it didn't quite pay off and the time loss in the pit lane was minimal for the 2 stoppers.

Q: You lead all teams with 4 poles this season. Do you think a 5th is possible at Fuji?

Peasantslayer: I'd like to claim a 5th in Fuji which would put me 2 clear of @pezzarinho17, I don't know where I will be fast but I expect him to be very fast in the final sector because his car always seems to perform well in the slow mechanical grip sections.

Q: How would you rate the success you've had this season?

Peasantslayer: I think I've performed reasonably well, the points system really rewards wins compared to other series which has meant that quite a gap has been built by @optiongamers. Catalunya was probably the turning point, I was leading with a strong possibility of taking the championship lead but failed to finish and from then @optiongamers found a bit more pace and made the most of any drivers mistakes.

3rd Place Jahgee1124 FIS/Porsche

XZfstiX.jpg

Q: Is 3rd place about what you expected or did you expect more or less?

Jahgee1124: I expected less, since all I did was reuse my Silverstone setup.

Q: What is the reason for the extra speed seen in your car lately?

Jahgee1124: Probably being able to afford an upgrade, which has allowed me to get more upgrades faster.

Q: Do you have the confidence in the car's ability to win Fuji?

Jahgee1124: Yes, and if I don't, it'll be as big of a disappointment as Jeff Gordon's season this year if he doesn't win the championship.

Q: Are teams something you'd like to see in future seasons?

Jahgee1124: Yes, as long as it is balanced so that someone in the top half of the points gets put with someone in the bottom half.

15th Place RACECAR FIS/Ferrari

CKmpEwB.jpg

Q:

RACECAR: Still here, I've just given up on trying. I'm still watching the videos, just not posting as much.

Last edited:
Look at you 2 and your matching avatars! Regarding numbers for a potential season 3, anyone using number 17 since it looks likely I will be losing right to number 1?... :(

Look at you 2 and your matching avatars! Regarding numbers for a potential season 3, anyone using number 17 since it looks likely I will be losing right to number 1?... :(
Part 1- Pretty cool huh. @nascarfan1400 made them from our paint schemes in his NR2003 series (link in sig).

Part 2- I would think first come/first served would be the case, if we use teams. If no teams, numbers would be decoration.

4th place starting position,& 19 Points separating Monster,& Red Bull in my Sponsor championship. Could be good. Hey @Earth if you can message me I have a question for you.

Look there's me!

At least the setup got me an extra starting position although I'm afraid I'm actually slower than some other guys in the field

Well something went SERIOUSLY wrong in my session to lose 1.5s... My ideal time is down as it is, but I'm a whole second away from that! :(

Back