Formula B-Spec Season 2 Finished - optiongamers champ

• Thread starter Earth
  • 787 comments

Add weight distribution as a setup option starting with race #2?

• Yes

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
GTP_Royalton
To Sign up:

#1 -
Provide a custom car livery or a link to a livery on rfactor central that I will download for you.

#2 - Choose an engine (please note the performance differences between each engine before choosing. You cannot change your engine once the season begins in Australia.

Vehicle Template

http://www.rfactor.net/downloads/templates/formula.zip

Link to 221 already made liveries to choose from

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/skins.cfm?ID=Formula IS

Helmet and Suit template will be provided soon

Improvements for Season 2

- Simplified Vehicle Settings
- Simplified Vehicle Upgrades
- Crash damage credit penalty has been removed
- 3 Engine Manufacturers

New Car

8guxFYZ.jpg

Specs:
700kg (est)
830hp (est)
Fixed Gear Box 358kph maximum speed

Settings Range:

Downforce (Aero)
Front: 10 to 40
Rear: 10 to 40
Increments of 1

Brake Bias
30.0:70.0 to 70.0:30.0
Increments of .5

Tire Pressure
Front: 13 to 28 psi
Rear: 13 to 28 psi
Increments of .5

Spring Rate
Front: 390 to 1530 ft lbs
Rear: 390 to 1590 ft lbs
Increments of 10

Packers
Front: 0.0 to 1.2
Rear: 0.0 to 2.0
Increments of .1

Ride Height
Front: .8 to 1.8 in
Rear: 1.2 to 2.8 in
Increments of .1

Camber
Front: -5.0 to .5
Front: -4.8 to .2
Increments of .1

Toe
Front: -1.00 to .80
Rear: -.80 to 1.00
Increments of .1

Engine Manufacturers

In testing the Ferrari engine provided around 10 kph higher top speed then the Honda engine. The Porsche engine was right in the middle, 5kph slower then the Ferrari but 5kph faster then the Honda. At some tracks all 3 engines ran equal lap times with equal setups, while at other tracks one engine or another would have an advantage.

Ferrari
A: Power
C: Weight

Porsche
B: Power
B: Weight

Honda
C: Power
A: Weight

Schedule

9/1/14 - Jerez Test Day 1
9/3/14 - Jerez Test Day 2
9/5/14 - Jerez Test Day 3
  1. Albert Park (9/8/14 Practice) - (9/10/14 Race)
  2. São Paulo (Autódromo José Carlos Pace)
  3. Montreal
  4. Monaco
  5. Imola
  6. Catalunya 1998
  7. Spa 1998
  8. Monza
  9. Nurburgring GP
  10. Fuji
Automatic Prize Credits for Race Finish Position

1. 220,000
2. 210,000
3. 200,000
4. 190,000
5. 180,000
6. 170,000
7. 160,000
8. 150,000
9. 140,000
10. 130,000
11. 120,000
12. 110,000
13. 100,000
14. 90,000
15. 80,000
16. 70,000
17. 60,000
18. 50,000
19. 40,000
20. 30,000
21. 20,000
22. 10,000

Car Upgrades

300,000cr: -8kgs
300,000cr: +15HP

@aarror
@BKGlover
@DCybertron
@Dustone
@Frizbe
@Gerarghini
@goofytyler
@Jahgee1124
@MadFlavour
@Mega Umbreon
@pezzarinho17
@optiongamers
@RACECAR
@swiftsmith
@yabiggoose

Last edited:
I'm going Porsche power, to even things out so far..but now I have to make my livery all over, literally made it yesterday. :lol:

Interesting changes, definitely will be in. Will have to think very hard about the engine power plant, will confirm my choice once I submit mah livery tomorrow.

I'm definitely in. I'm going Ferrari power, because that noise :drool:. Think I might have to go for the HRT F111 (This could be you) scheme, but I'll take a look at the template later.

Last edited:
I may be able to help with some designs, depends how you want them to be though (time). I also go on hols through most of September so if it wasn't done by season start it would be a couple of races in.

I'll need to see how complex the template is before I offer my limited services.

Edit:..........Ohh boy......Let me make mine before I do anything else.

E2: What layers can go without me effing things up? I can't tell, this is ridiculous, and that's after I figured out how to pull up the wireframes.

Last edited:
The template took some getting used to. My main issue was with the upper rear wing plane though, it is given a very thin area to work with which stretches the paint / decals in this area...

I've finished most of my livery work and I pretty much only have my drivers helmet design to finish now. I have a livery that I will be using for pre-season testing though before revealing the race livery. Because realism. And because test liveries in F1 have sometimes been better than the real thing (not in this case).

I'd like to take part but I don't have Rfactor, with regards to the settings of the car am I supposed to sent over a .txt file from the game or something?

@Peasantslayer You'll find a lot of people here probably don't have it either. Just send @Earth the settings via PM (so others can't copy of course!) and you are in. Might want to also select a livery (unless you want to design one yourself using template) from links at the top.

On the point of rFactor, who else actually has it? I do but I have never used it for the purpose of setup work. I have been running it lately to see what livery looks like in game (can see livery in menu's but not helmet or race suits). I think that should be in the rules somewhere, just in case we get someone join who is able to fine tune the car for each race by running hours of practice...

what do you guys use to create your own liveries as I want to create one myself. And I still have the livery that @Earth created for me so I may have to use that if I can't find a way to create my own.

@optiongamers I think it looks alright, if would probably look better if you scaled down some of the logos (the Ferrari one on the nose in particular) but I like the powered by Ferrari one on the engine cover.

what do you guys use to create your own liveries as I want to create one myself. And I still have the livery that @Earth created for me so I may have to use that if I can't find a way to create my own.
I use Photoshop, you could use GIMP which is free but I can't guarantee that it will load and save the template properly (it has a problem with layer groups IIRC), can anyone confirm whether it does or not?

Last edited:

You can download GIMP and give it a shot

The season 1 livery wont work anymore as these are new cars

Photoshop is best bet, but only if you have a copy of course... Glad to see so many custom liveries as well! Happy with mine, but I'm keeping that to myself for now!

Back