Formula Gran Turismo World Chanpionship - Winning Setup For You :)

• Thread starter Sirtokealot
  • 148 comments
Yeah, found out that the 'weather change' simulation on both the Bob and A-Spec career modes, are completely random... So, my first go around on the A-Spec Monza in the FGT series... No rain, dry as a whistle.. Second round in A-Spec... Same.

First round for Bob on Monza in the FGT series, dry.. Second try (grinding, lol) wet as damn Niagra Falls! Lol.. Completely random... *scratches goatee* almost TOO random.. Hmm :lol: jk ;)

Tune for race 3 is awful
Others are good

yeah i had same problem

i won all races,just missing race 3, and only chance in getting points on third race was overtaking them in first straight and big turn and bodyblocking them 20 laps, FGT just cant turnt on those corners on that map

but for the rest of maps its rly nice setup, u can gain advantage in corners by braking latter, and gain more on big straights

I've been waiting to do this for 3 days now but my best driver is on an orange arrow! I've done races in A-Spec, Free Runs, B-Spec races using my other driver, B-Spec races using my orange arrowed driver and he STILL won't change to even green never mind blue!!

Great set up. I won Monza with the ABS at 1 and the traction control off.
Would it be better to use more ABS and traction control???
also in another race, I did a lap in the rain on soft race tires before I exited out and it seemed like I did fine??? although, it seemed the AI wasn't? are rain tires much better than soft race ones???

I just finished second at monza and have no clue how..I pitted on the 23rd lap. It was raining. Everyone pitted on the first lap(changed tires apparently) and they pitted on the last. For some reason my driver decided upon himself to pit on the final lap and he lost the race..WTF? With 1 race to go I'm still winning the championship by 110 points, so I could forfeit the final race and still win it all, but If I complete it I'll jump to Level 25, and my driver will hit level 20.

I'm some what new to GT5, (Aspec 27, Bspec 10). how will you (Aspec???)jump to level 25? and your bob level 20? won't Bob be the only one that gets exp. points??? just wondering.

Looks like a great set up, according the comments. But what About the additional car settings ( traction cntr, break assist) etc,etc.. I know that we have to do sum work also
But i bought an expensive car and hope that everything is included.. :):):)

On Race 4 settings your tranny at 236 is not needed, the straights will only get your car to 205mph max
and you also need quicker acceleration from turn to turn

Thanks for this one, it made it all too easy. I have a level 40 Bob that I grinded with my Vettel on the Endurance races. I always meant to come back to this and it was super easy with Bob40 and this setup. Bob got into first within 3 laps of most of these, and I was able to leave him attended for the other 30+ laps per race. Awesome setup! Too bad the OP no longer resides here. :(

Guys, if you read back through the thread, the quoted replies have the setup. I have brought it forward to a more current page and given quote "dues" to Sirtokealot, the originator of these settings.

Sirtokealot
Race 1

Front Downforce - 70
Rear Downforce - 90
Front Breaks - 4
Rear Breaks - 1
Front Ride Height - 5
Rear Ride Height - 5
Transmission/ Top Speed - 261MPH
Spring Rate Front - 17.5
Spring Rate Rear - 17.5
Extension Dampers Front - 8
Extension Dampers Rear - 8
Compression Dampers Front - 6
Compression Dampers Rear - 6

You will gain most of your positions towards the end of the straight, while maintaining a solid pace through the bends. It should take you about 4-8 laps to take first place.

Race 2

Front Downforce - 70
Rear Downforce - 90
Front Breaks - 4
Rear Breaks - 1
Front Ride Height - 5
Rear Ride Height - 5
Transmission/ Top Speed - 249MPH
Spring Rate Front - 17.5
Spring Rate Rear - 17.5

Again you will gain most of your positions towards the end of the straight, while maintaining a solid pace through the bends. You will hit the rev limit just before the end of the straight. It should take you about 4-8 laps to take first place.

Race 3

Front Downforce - 70
Rear Downforce - 90
Front Breaks - 7
Rear Breaks - 2
Front Ride Height - -10
Rear Ride Height - -10
Transmission/ Top Speed - 199MPH
Spring Rate Front - 18.5
Spring Rate Rear - 18.5

Wow, this one is a ball ache, but with such a low gear ratio you will overtake on the short straights and through the tight corners. I had 3rd on lap 2, but first place didnt come till i was on lap 7 but then run away with it for the rest of the race. I also upped the breaks for this race. Twice in testing, the AI spun out and caused a pile up, which can be a bit of a nightmare to come back from, but its still possible.

Race 4

Front Downforce - 70
Rear Downforce - 90
Front Breaks - 7
Rear Breaks - 2
Front Ride Height - -10
Rear Ride Height - -10
Transmission/ Top Speed - 236MPH
Spring Rate Front - 18.5
Spring Rate Rear - 18.5

This one is childs play. I used the same setup as race 3 but upped the top speed. I pushed my guy too hard on lap 1 and he spun off 3 times. but he took first again before the end of lap 2. Simples

Race 5

Front Downforce - 70
Rear Downforce - 90
Front Breaks - 3
Rear Breaks - 1
Front Ride Height - -10
Rear Ride Height - -10
Spring Rate Front - 18.5
Spring Rate Rear - 18.5

Another easy race, you can have first place within 2 laps, there are loads of good straights to take places on this race.

Race 6

Front Downforce - 70
Rear Downforce - 90
Front Breaks - 3
Rear Breaks - 1
Front Ride Height - -10
Rear Ride Height - -10
Spring Rate Front - 18.5
Spring Rate Rear - 18.5

Exact same setup as before, you will push your way to the front in no time at all.

This tune just isn't working for me... I'm over steering if I even feather the gas out of a turn and it bounces around so hard that I can't retain traction. I must be doing something wrong.

This tune just isn't working for me... I'm over steering if I even feather the gas out of a turn and it bounces around so hard that I can't retain traction. I must be doing something wrong.

Try adjusting the dampers, extension two settings over compression is probably causing the hard side to side thrusting. Either extension equal to compression, or compression one over extension should fix it. I'd have a hard time trusting any tune that can't spell brakes for accuracy...

I finally just got this car! Can't wait to try it out! My top driver is Lv 31. so I'm guessing I should easily stomp the competition!

I played this with B-Spec first and got to say my bob was awesome. It seems its much harder to control. I cant keep that car on the track at all. Sliding all over the place :( Any hints?

Sirtokealot I used your transmission settings worked perfect.👍

The advice I can offer not mention:

If i rains on race 5 (you could probably use or tweak this if you run into rain on another) turn the transmission 1 click down,

SRF= 3,

and don't forget to change your tires to racing/rain.

Also go easy on the gas you can't floor it at all. :cool:

The second big S-Turn you can cut across the grass, not just the green rumble strip part but the entire grass, just slow down and coast an easy left.
But DO NOT come out of this turn flooring it! (Race 5)

Good Luck All!

Edit: Oh great its raining at Suzuka. :yuck:

Last edited:
Thank you for this thread, as the stock FGT will not compete at all in the Patch 1.07 FGT World Championship , I am at A-31.

I wonder if it is because I'm at A-31, and not the required A-24, that the AI seems too good to be true?

Thank you for this thread, as the stock FGT will not compete at all in the Patch 1.07 FGT World Championship , I am at A-31.

I wonder if it is because I'm at A-31, and not the required A-24, that the AI seems too good to be true?

I was able to do it stock, it's just really hard, and it takes a while to learn to control. As for B-Spec my drivers made me look like a rookie, interesting how the tables have turned, I could have let my driver do his own thing, other than pitting at the 2/3 mark I didn't need to give him much direction.

Just done the B-Spec Championship and the last 2 races were in the rain... Now, on Monza the AI had to pit after the first lap to get rain tyres (they started with race hards) so far nothing new and an easy win for Bob... then on Suzuka the AI already had rain tyres much to my surprise, but they didn't race at all?!?! Max. speed is 200 km/h and it looks like they all try to get the track dry ;) My level 38 Bob drives constant 2:20s and the AI bobs constant 3:40s... weird...

best setup:

For any high speed track, like fuji.... slightly higher gear ratio.
And at the other end, e.g monaco/cote d azur, sightly lower ratio.

reduce traction control to 3/4.

I won every race i tried to complete. i used longer ratio for fuji, and for the rest of the races i just forgot/didnt bother. I used hard tyres/tires because i didnt realise tyre wear is different to gt4 (dont degrade) you should use medium/soft compound... and i used standard ps3 controller. its not that difficult, but i have had gt3. Plus gt4 completed to around 80%. which is quite allot.

if your good, you dont need to worry too much.
Just get it done!!!

yeah, i just completed the a spec series and only lost monaco (by only 10 seconds, but whatever). i also used the stock settings so that may be why i was having troubles on that track. plus, that fat pig just couldn't fit through those tight streets and i kept pin-balling from wall to wall at certain points. oh well, i'll try these settings and go again

Is my car significantly faster than everyone elses?
Because I was able to win this EASILY on both A and B Spec without tuning or pushing Bob.

Is my car significantly faster than everyone elses?
Because I was able to win this EASILY on both A and B Spec without tuning or pushing Bob.

Did you re-build the engine? I've noticed a huge difference since I've done that. But for Half a million it should make a difference!

I bought a fgt with 650 km on it, I rebuilt the engine and chassis. I than set the down force and transmission to the OP's setting. I left everything else alone, put my level 38 bob in it and crushed the competition in every race. I could have bailed out on the last 2 races and still have won the championship.
The trick here is to have your driver at a high level and in the mood to race, and you will win the championship.
I will try the A spec tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

May someone please repost current winnable setup(s) A-spec, to be used with a wheel. Thank you !

I find that the one from http://www.gt5-tuning.com/index.php?title=Formula_Gran_Turismo
downforce max/max (why maxed? isn't there some room for tolerance?)
diff 15/20/15 (why the big difference with the next tune below?)
ride height -5/0 (the rear stays up for wheelies, or?)
spring rate 16.4/17.5
damper ext 6/8
damper comp 5/7
anti roll 5/7
camber -2.5/-1.5
toe -0.25/-0.15
trans 249 (400km) (no comment, but cannot hit past 360 without drift)
brakes 4/1 (ok, but I prefer 8/2)

is "driveable" but, I don't understand why the negative rear toe, this is detremental to oversteer. Also, clearly, theses settings seriously can't be used for Cote-D'Azur as well as Fuji / Daytona??

Then I stumbled upon this one, with LSD Deceleration set for people who must have died during a driving school exam and gone to heaven ,

The car handled a lot worse than 1st tune above:

downforce
F 70 / R 90
Gear
top speed 242 (400KM again)
LSD
15/45/55 (Holy Decel Batman!)
suspension
height
5/5 10/10 for bumpy
spring rate 17.4/17.5
dampers E 8/8
dampers C 6/6
roll bars 7/7
camber angle F 2.0 R 1.0
Toe angle F 0.00 R -0.20
Brake balance 4/1

This 2nd tune, felt like a remote controlled fly stuck in fresh Tar or molasses.

Can anyone update on a better tune? and What AIDs are recommended to leave on? Are tunes dependant on AIDS? thx, im having difficulty either catching up (no easy restarts in championship mode), or maintaining a lead without cursed AI elasticity.

I have no idea why everyone puts such a monsterous amount of braking power to the front tires on the FGT, but it's totally unnecessary. Try flipping the numbers once and you'll find that the car is much more manageable around corners. It's a rear engine, rear wheel drive beast ok. You need stopping power yes, but when setting the front greater than the back you're just asking for skidding to occur when braking while turning. Try a 3 front and 5 back brake balance once just for kicks. You'll be amazed at the difference. I also use a 1 or 2 on ABS which seems to work well with brake balance settings. I always brake late and seem to be able to reign in the car in time to rotate.
By the way, this goes against the grain for real world cars brakes which have approx. 70% of their stopping power up front. I'm not sure why it works in the game, just that it does, for me at least. If anyone else can confirm/deny proof that this is correct feel free to reply. I'm still trying to find the "sweet spot" for the LSD settings to go with these brake settings, along with the wheel alignment. Getting closer but still have a ways to go I think.

Back