Formula One Eni Magyar Nagydij 2011

Maybe sandbagging, but still I don't think they will have as much advantage as last year. Qualifying should be a good fight.
Still not expecting an exciting race, due to overtakes only on the straight.

Grayfox
Also you get to listen to the "nice commentators".

I hope it turns out good for Webber and Vettle failing to make it into the points.
This season needs to be tight.

? It's the same commentators. Do they sound different on fox?

Again, not much between McLaren, Ferrari and Red Bull after FP2... A Ferrari/McLaren front row after qualifying would make things very interesting.

Pos Driver Team Time Laps
1. Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1m21.018s 29
2. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1m21.259s + 0.241 40
3. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1m21.322s + 0.304 34
4. Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 1m21.508s + 0.490 35
5. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1m21.549s + 0.531 31
6. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1m22.099s + 1.081 40
7. Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1m22.121s + 1.103 36
8. Michael Schumacher Mercedes 1m22.440s + 1.422 36
9. Paul di Resta Force India-Mercedes 1m22.835s + 1.817 40
10. Adrian Sutil Force India-Mercedes 1m22.981s + 1.963 37
11. Kamui Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari 1m23.030s + 2.012 34
12. Sergio Perez Sauber-Ferrari 1m23.399s + 2.381 37
13. Rubens Barrichello Williams-Cosworth 1m23.679s + 2.661 34
14. Nick Heidfeld Renault 1m23.861s + 2.843 28
15. Pastor Maldonado Williams-Cosworth 1m24.181s + 3.163 39
16. Jaime Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m24.182s + 3.164 26
17. Vitaly Petrov Renault 1m24.546s + 3.528 21
18. Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m24.878s + 3.860 35
19. Jarno Trulli Lotus-Renault 1m24.994s + 3.976 38
20. Heikki Kovalainen Lotus-Renault 1m25.447s + 4.429 39
21. Timo Glock Virgin-Cosworth 1m26.823s + 5.805 33
22. Jerome D'Ambrosio Virgin-Cosworth 1m27.261s + 6.243 28
23. Daniel Ricciardo HRT-Cosworth 1m27.730s + 6.712 31
24. Tonio Liuzzi HRT-Cosworth 1m28.255s + 7.237 25

Young? Coulthard? :lol:
He's Scottish..of course he can't speak English properly!

You mean like this guy?

Oh, well, that must be him but he sounds so young, I could swear he is like 23 or so, anyway, now I know that I hate Scottish accent-with a passion.
(I mean it's like he's really pronouncing EVERY word differently -.-')

There is no single "scottish accent". It differs from area to area. As it happens, I sound nothing like Coulthard. And I pronounce words and names properly.

I thought Ricciardo drove for Torro Rosso?

I'd have thrown my hands up in disgust....

Why? He was their Reserve driver. He didn't have a race seat. They would have given him a seat had one of their drivers underperformed, but they've both performed well, so instead of being on the sidelines, Red Bull have bought him a seat to gain experience.

What on earth is bad with this? Why complain so much?

Why? He was their Reserve driver. He didn't have a race seat. They would have given him a seat had one of their drivers underperformed, but they've both performed well, so instead of being on the sidelines, Red Bull have bought him a seat to gain experience.

What on earth is bad with this? Why complain so much?

Riiight, I say one thing in jest and I'm complaining so much.....

He was talked up a fair bit in the local F1 rag like he was the new Webber for Red Bull, seemed to me he'd be going thru Torro Rosso to learn the trade so getting stuck with HRT just seems like a downgrade....but hey, I'm complaining so much.

Riiight, I say one thing in jest and I'm complaining so much.....

I'd have thrown my hands up in disgust....

MitchZ06
He was talked up a fair bit in the local F1 rag like he was the new Webber for Red Bull, seemed to me he'd be going thru Torro Rosso to learn the trade so getting stuck with HRT just seems like a downgrade....but hey, I'm complaining so much.

Because so many people talk up his chances. The thing is, he is a rookie. Before Silverstone, he had no real experience and the stories about him replacing Webber at Red Bull? Purely rumours. Yes, he is a talented guy, but that doesn't mean Red Bull are going to put him in their senior team. And form before F1 isn't always guaranteed in F1. For example, Kamui Kobayashi. One of the most exciting and talented drivers in the grid, but before F1, the impression was that he is "good, but not great". Then there have been people like Jan Magnussen. Amazing before f1, but struggled in it.

Alguersuari and Buemi are doing a good job and are well matched. You can't expect Toro Rosso to pick a rookie over one of them. Maybe Ricciardo will go to Toro Rosso next year, maybe he won't.

There is no single "scottish accent". It differs from area to area. As it happens, I sound nothing like Coulthard. And I pronounce words and names properly.

I see and no hard feelings, I just don't like how he talks. (Well not that my English would sound better lol)

I see and no hard feelings, I just don't like how he talks. (Well not that my English would sound better lol)

No problem. DC and Paul Di Resta have what I would consider a "posh" Scottish accent. However, since living in Toronto, my accent may have slightly diluted.

From what i keep reading, the commentators on speed are idiots that know nothing of F1.

Not necessarily idiots, they just have to explain things to idiots.

new5_muttley.gif

From what i keep reading, the commentators on speed are idiots that know nothing of F1.

You've been reading crap then. How on earth would a former Benetton engineer, a former Formula 1 driver, and a guy whose been commentating on F1 since the 80's know nothing about F1? They are a brilliant team.

You've been reading crap then. How on earth would a former Benetton engineer, a former Formula 1 driver, and a guy whose been commentating on F1 since the 80's know nothing about F1? They are a brilliant team.

Fully agree. They are usually right on tap with information regarding the races, upgrades, and drama 👍

This just isn't true at all. As Peter said, they are very knowledgeable on the sport. The problem is, during the 4 FOX broadcasts they are told to dumb down their commentary for the casual viewers. So instead of commentating on the on-track action, we get a broadcast filled with them trying to explain what Formula 1 is.

This should be an interesting race. I think traffic could be a big deciding factor on who wins this race. Red Bull broke the curfew so I hope they have not got extra parts to make them even quicker. Maybe that is what Vettel meant when saying they need to raise their game. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93504

We will soon see how fast they are for qualifying today. Usage of DRS in Q3 is where they really get good advantage as they can go flat out with it open where others can't. Maybe they will try and do it between turns 2 to 4 but will others be able to do the same? Can't wait for qualifying as it would be amazing if the first non Red Bull pole this year is at one of their best suited tracks. This track rewards aggression and high downforce settings in Q3 so should bring the best out of the Red Bull car as it can really attack the circuit. The question is will it be enough to keep the pole streak? I'm hoping all 6 drivers will be in 5 tenths of each other.

SmittMan thanks for the running commentary it was helpful, glad I could get some insight instead of blah. Oh and I'm not being sarcastic you seemed to utilize what the forum is for...talking.

On a side note my personal prediction is Hamilton, Alonso, Jenson, Sebastian, Webber...but that's just me.

Back