Formula One Eni Magyar Nagydij 2011

We don't need a running commentary.

Not everyone is watching it, or can get a decent signal on their phone for live data. And where else can you get that winning combination of gt planet and F1 in one place, when on the move?

Not everyone is watching it, or can get a decent signal on their phone for live data. And where else can you get that winning combination of gt planet and F1 in one place, when on the move?

Lets not forget some places don't show F1 practices, but the race and maybe the qualify.

A top 10 finish for Di Resta in practice. 👍 Let's see another in qualifying!

EXACTLY ^ and common sense prevails. Thank you dhandes.

The Virgins and HRTs are well outside the 107% from Vettel's in P3. I'd take that Lotus have made such a massive improvement with their cars that they're not that far away from the Toro Rossos. Things are shaping up for Qualifying!

Vettel was on super-softs. The Virgins and HRTs were not. It's unlikely that the front-runners will use super-softs in Q1.

I see... So the Virgins and HRTs are safe to race then I believe. Anyway does anyone remember who failed to comply the 107% but still allowed to race this year? I think it was in Monaco. Was it?

I see... So the Virgins and HRTs are safe to race then I believe. Anyway does anyone remember who failed to comply the 107% but still allowed to race this year? I think it was in Monaco. Was it?

I actually think that whoever it was (I forgot as well :P) did a practice lap time under 107% of the pole time for qualifying.

Q1 on. Not going to mean much for the pole yet, but it will be interesting to see which of the backmarkers can make it into Q2.

Alonso fastest at the moment, followed by Hamilton and Vettel. I'd say the pole here may depend on the rubbering in of the track and the temperature at the end of Q3. I think whether we see an RBR on the pole will depend on things warming up later.

Alonso's late fast lap will punt Liuzzi unless he improves on his earlier time.

Last edited:
Trulli is extremley fast, wasn't expecting that this weekend.:eek: I wonder if Kovaleinen is on his same pace or if he's upset with the car, or maybe Trulli has made up that much time with the car.:bowdown:

Martin brundle with one of his subtle digs at the BBC/Sky farce.

"I wonder which drivers will be in front of us, next year in the job centre"

Everyone is in under the 107% rule. Im hoping for a Lewis Hamilton pole, cant remember the last time he had one.

Interesting... meaningless at this point, but Alonso,Hamilton and Vettel are separated by around two tenths of a second... Button, Massa and Webber are also separated by two tenths.

Everything status quo?

Nice last laps from Jarno and Buemi, but Maldonaldo kicked it up a notch to keep that 17th place.

Whoa... where did that lap from Button come from? :lol:

WHOA... where did Alonso come from?!? :D :D :D

Looks like a 1:19 Q3 pole is possible...

If Hamilton's time hold up, I can't see how he won't get pole. He's 1-hundreth of a second off Vettel on the worse tyre.

However, Alonso has just made an epic lap.:eek:

If Hamilton's time hold up, I can't see how he won't get pole. He's 1-hundreth of a second off Vettel on the worse tyre.

However, Alonso has just made an epic lap.:eek:

Hamilton struggled in practice with the super-softs, he has saved a set for the race which is important.

Both Force Indias currently in the top ten!

And Schumacher ruins it! :lol: Di Resta out.

That was a comfortably good lap by Hamilton... wonder why the other top drivers squandered a set of super softs in Q2?

Any chance of the timing disappearing like qualifying 2 years ago?:D

Very tense not knowing who was on pole.

Love the KUBICA banners flying around the track... :D

Renault is the big loser in Q2... Sauber and Force India have comprehensively locked them out.

Hamilton first under 1:20. I don't think he'll be the last.

Last edited:
Everyone leaves the pits for the last two minutes.

I think Hamilton will be comfortable using his second set of super softs... since all the other front-runners will have used three sets here in qualifying.

Going to be an interesting race for pole... Radio chatter indicates Red Bull is now going to be using KERS... so maybe they were sandbagging... or maybe not...

Alonso misses out... Vettel is P1. Hamilton can't match his first Q3 time... still P2.

So it's Vettel, Hamilton, Button, Massa, Alonso, Webber, Rosberg, Sutil, Schumacher.

Vettel sounds happy on the radio. :D He beat Lewis by under two tenths... but Lewis has the better tire reserve for the race.

Going to be an interesting one, tomorrow. :D

Back