Forza 4 Autovista mode could be standard / premium?

CAMAROBOY69

Premium
United States
Michigan
CAMAROBOY69
- Autovista mode has 10 hours of content by itself to explore and partake in.

This was mentioned in another thread but I feel this will be a huge topic of debate until the game is released. Could this be Forzas version of standard / premium?

I have a feeling it could be the standard vs premium all over again from GT5. Some cars are fully detailed, others are not. I hope I am wrong because in reality it would indeed be the premium / standard crap that I hate in GT5. I truly hope they allow ALL the cars to have the highest detail to open the doors and view the entire interiors. But I have a nasty gut feeling that it really will be the standard / premium all over again. I sure hope not. :nervous:

I hope they prove us all wrong and ALL the cars can be opened up and viewed from any angle and fully detailed like they are showing. If every car can be viewed then that will be beyond impresive when you consider F4 has only been in development for 2 years. :dopey:

Autovista walkthrough.
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-forza-motorsport/715283
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Does it really matter? This mode sounds like an extra, non-career mode for those who have the Kinect or desire to purchase Kinect. Autovista sounds like a museum exhibition mode next to the meat and potatoes of Forza. My biggest fear is it won't be usable with a controller and I'll miss out. I'm not buying Kinect, full stop.

Comaro, look at it this way

All cars have exactly the same detail level in photomode and in the races
All cars have cockpits
All cars have working instrumentation.

and there is an extra mode "featuring" some of the more exciting and interesting cars that lets you explore some rare cars that you couldnt see at your local dealerships.

I mentioned in another thread that I thought there would be no chance at all of all cars getting this treatment.

In regards to the showroom section, you could say yes there is a standard, premium divide.
You certainly won't be opening the hood on every car.

The problem the other game gave me was no cockpit.
I drive cockpit where applicable. Primarily I am buying Forza to race.

Racing, painting, modding, tuning, car club, and race rival, all cars are equal.

If anything, and I don't mean to bait, it pushes all other games premiums down to standard.

Just my opinion.

Comaro, look at it this way

All cars have exactly the same detail level in photomode and in the races
All cars have cockpits
All cars have working instrumentation.

and there is an extra mode "featuring" some of the more exciting and interesting cars that lets you explore some rare cars that you couldnt see at your local dealerships.

And as I agreed in the other thread, I'd agree here too..

It's not a huge debate, it's not remotely like the standard/premium issue..

Seriously, it's like any difference, and people just meltdown.. I know we all get disappointed, but seriously, this is a bit silly IMO... :)

I'm more concerned if the Autovista mode will be controllable via gamepad. There should be no technical obstacles but Microsoft could prevent this to sell more Kinects.

Does it really matter? This mode sounds like an extra, non-career mode for those who have the Kinect or desire to purchase Kinect. Autovista sounds like a museum exhibition mode next to the meat and potatoes of Forza. My biggest fear is it won't be usable with a controller and I'll miss out. I'm not buying Kinect, full stop.
You wont have to worry about Kinect because a couple months ago Dan already mentioned that you will be able to do everything in the game without Kinect. The option is there to use Kinect but its not a feature you must have.

It just makes me nervous that certain cars would be picked for these Autovista locations. Say example Cappiccuio can be in this yet the Veyron cant. Just an example similar to the other game. I feel every single game should be able to attend every event in the game. Why pick and choose between vehicles? If you cant bring every vehicle into the special event, dont release the game.

I do like the point mentioned above about all the cars having an interior. So yes that does place the Forza 4 "standard" models above the other standard models. But it still does not sit well with me at all knowing we could go through the standard vs premium crap all over again with another game. :ouch:

You wont have to worry about Kinect because a couple months ago Dan already mentioned that you will be able to do everything in the game without Kinect. The option is there to use Kinect but its not a feature you must have.

It just makes me nervous that certain cars would be picked for these Autovista locations. Say example Cappiccuio can be in this yet the Veyron cant. Just an example similar to the other game. I feel every single game should be able to attend every event in the game. Why pick and choose between vehicles? If you cant bring every vehicle into the special event, dont release the game.

I do like the point mentioned above about all the cars having an interior. So yes that does place the Forza 4 "standard" models above the other standard models. But it still does not sit well with me at all knowing we could go through the standard vs premium crap all over again with another game. :ouch:

The autovista mode sounds like it's linked to 'challenges' according to the IGN/Jalopnik previews, so it's no doubt going to be hand picked cars doing special one off things, probably not a million miles away from GT's special challenges.. which are a welcome aside to everything else.. not something to scorn because you can't enter a Mazda MX5 in a special Ferrari event..

And it's alledged to be about 10 hours of content, so that might be many cars each with a single challenge, or a handful of cars with many challenges..

I seriously hope we don't see car disparity and game modes. Every car should have every feature/mode available to it.

This was mentioned in another thread but I feel this will be a huge topic of debate until the game is released. Could this be Forzas version of standard / premium?

Well, it seems the standard of racing games is standard/premium cars or a very limited selection like Shift 2.

As Spagetti69 mentioned, it's impossible to do every car like that.

I seriously hope we don't see car disparity and game modes. Every car should have every feature/mode available to it.

Bottom line, I think the way they are handling it is sensible, like the GT5 special challenges, like the GT5 museum cards etc, it only applies to a small subset of specially chosen cars, that is OK surely..

I still can't see the real issue? If you class the special challenges/museum cards type things are being disparate to the other cars, then I don't know what to say, some people seemingly need something to angst over..

From the ign article:

"After blowing the competition out of the water in the new World Tour mode and dropping a million credits on your dream car, you'd think it's off to the showroom to learn all about it. Well, that's not how it works. Not directly, anyway. The Career and Showroom aren't the same thing. The Showroom needs to be seen as a "new level," said Greenwalt - it's "not Career." The Showroom experience has around 10 hours of unique content, challenges, and cars to view, but it isn't tied to the vehicles you've earned and purchased through your racing career."

Having read that it should be obvious that the Autovista is a completely separate game mode and will not include every available car in the game. Of course you'll have people who whine and complain about this, but we will not see the jarring "premium vs standard" detail difference when racing on the track. In the racing mode all cars will be presented with the same level of detail.

Yes, All cars are the same, but there's nothing in the description that says the same models are used a cross all features. It doesn't say that your laser scanned photomode car is the same model you'll be driving around the track. It just simply says that your laser scanned car will sit on a laser scanned track. But, when you're racing...the rendered model will race on a rendered track. So, in a way, Forza is doing the Standard and Premium models...it's just that every car has a standard model that you race with and a premium model used for photomode. This is what they did with Forza 3, as well.

Even if it is standard/premium it won't be nearly as bad as they are at least all from the same generation console.

Regardless Autovista seems rather interesting, it's basically taking the descriptions like in GT to a complete different level (just have to hope they don't give a car a trucks description).

Yes, All cars are the same, but there's nothing in the description that says the same models are used a cross all features. It doesn't say that your laser scanned photomode car is the same model you'll be driving around the track. It just simply says that your laser scanned car will sit on a laser scanned track. But, when you're racing...the rendered model will race on a rendered track. So, in a way, Forza is doing the Standard and Premium models...it's just that every car has a standard model that you race with and a premium model used for photomode. This is what they did with Forza 3, as well.

There were no cars that looked like garbage next to cars that looked like prems. on the track at the same time. All cars held the same fidelity in race. This is really grasping at straws here to find something to knock Forza for to do a "See Forza messed up just like GT5" thing. Not NEARLY the same argument.

All this mode is is getting voice overs about the cars and being able to open the doors and bonnet etc. They won't have recorded all of that for every signle car. I don't think any of the cars will be different in the races.

Why are people worried? Do they not realize they outsource their modeling? This isn't PD where everything takes 6 months to do in-house. Depending on the size of the company they have model their cars, they could accomplish this feat fairly quickly.

I'm also pretty sure MS saw what happened to GT5 & will not want to make that mistake.

And as I agreed in the other thread, I'd agree here too..

It's not a huge debate, it's not remotely like the standard/premium issue..

Seriously, it's like any difference, and people just meltdown.. I know we all get disappointed, but seriously, this is a bit silly IMO... :)

Electricpig Kinect Garage video 8:30
listen to the question asked and answered. :)

Only a few cars will be unlocked at the start.
You will have to do various challenges in the game to unlock other cars for to view them in the vista mode.

From what I've heard in the videos, they've emphasized that it's actually an entirely different mode.

Wonder if it will be supplied on a second DVD or something. Not that I'd mind, I'll probably just unlock a few cars, listen to Jeremy and go racing again :lol:

Electricpig Kinect Garage video 8:30
listen to the question asked and answered. :)

Only a few cars will be unlocked at the start.
You will have to do various challenges in the game to unlock other cars for to view them in the vista mode.

You know this is a feature I would normally have ZERO interest in. I mean none whatsoever, but I have to say after watching the video and getting the little info on the vehicles done by Clarkson I have to say I can see myself getting into this mode. I just hope it kills two birds with one stone. In other words doing this helps in other areas in the game where you don't HAVE to do it this way but ... you get it. lol

I have a feeling it could be the standard vs premium all over again from GT5. Some cars are fully detailed, others are not.

It wouldn't matter so much here. The two big drawbacks to Standard cars in GT5 were 1) that they look like crap, often being right at home on PS2 or even PSX, rather than looking like they belong on PS3, and 2) they lack cockpits, which have become pretty much standard in modern racing games as of recent years, so lacking cockpits at this point is pretty... last-gen. Granted, earlier racing games including FM2 lacked cockpits, but that's been several years back now. At least 100% of FM4's cars will look like they come from a current-gen game, and further look like they're from here recently, and all have cockpits.

I really think we need to put things back into perspective for this guy. So here goes

GT5 standard cars
101125063252832950.jpg

gt5_03.jpg

gt5_07.jpg

this sort of crap we will not see. In game in fm4, all cars are of the same fidelity. Meaning they are all modeled, rendered and textured to the same standard. What the OP is complaining about is being given an extra mode to explore some of the more interesting cars in detail and be told cool storys about them by clarkeson.

It is rather disturbing, but I dont want this to degrade into another gt forza slugfest that ends up being cleaned up then closed. The OP was carrying on like the world was ending because we are being given an extra mode to explore some great cars in more detail. Screaming standard vs premium all over again and i just wanted to put it all into perspective. People on this site need to get away from the standard vs premo mentality, Its not how things are done in the racing genre. Only one company has done it. For one title, It doesnt mean that every title will be that way. Some stuidios are actually capable of doing what they say, and realising that they dont have the manpower before its too late and hiring others to help.

Camaroboy, just an FYI, Autovista is confirmed to NOT be on every car in the game. Only select cars. Sucks, but true.

Camaroboy, just an FYI, Autovista is confirmed to NOT be on every car in the game. Only select cars. Sucks, but true.
I will guess that maybe 5%-10% of the cars will have the ultra high quality that they showed in the videos. While its obvious the cars will not be as exaggerated as the standard / premium in GT5, the point is still valid that only a few hand picked cars will be available in this Autovista mode. Not a big deal but people cant go into F4 expecting every single car to look as good as they are showing in the videos.

Heck most of the cars in F3 already look better than GT5 so believe me, I will be more than happy with F4 since I already love F3. :sly: But people do need to realize the ultra high quality (ultra premium cars:lol:) will only be a small percent of F4.

The way of looking at it, is look at autovista as a seperate "Kinect" mode. A cool tool, an insight to the future of Forza.

The way of looking at it, is look at autovista as a seperate "Kinect" mode. A cool tool, an insight to the future of Forza.

Spot on that man. The real game, you know where the actually racing takes place, will have all the cars looking as good as one another.

Back