Forza 4 no clutch support

• Thread starter Keyz13
  • 14 comments
keyz13
keyz13
Just turned this game on, and I go to the controller options, and it shows the far left pedal, but it only has the clutch on the damn keypad! I've turned all the options to expert shifting w/clutch, and yet the option to map the clutch to the left pedal is non existent. I'm using the new "forza" CSR elite pedals, and the GT2 wheel. Anybody else have this problem, or know what the fix is? It actually knows the pedal is there because it acts as just another brake pedal.

it doesn't show in the setting screens but it actually works, you tried actually using it? also on GT2 wheel here, even the G25 pedals with adapter has clutch support,

FM4 supports clutch. I use GT2 + Club Sport Pedals and always use clutch. Just use the default contoller setting, you should be set to go.

The clutch pedal is just another brake pedal when i drive. In the controller settings it has the brake pedal labeled as brake, right pedal labeled as accelerator, but the far left pedal....no label. clutch is on the keypad. Maybe I need to update the firmware of my GT2? never done that. I have one of the first incarnations of that wheel. This issue will ruin F4 for me as the clutch works great on GT5.

Protip:
Learn to use your left foot for braking. Then use the B or A button on the GT2's face buttons as your clutch.

You'll be faster with this method.

It's what I use with my CSR. Most pro iRacers also use a wheel button clutch instead of a pedal as it provides for the fastest type of driving.

My PWTS + CSP's works fine on the demo..

The 4 bars in telemetry are Handbrake, Clutch, Brake, Accelerator..

I think clutch is the yellow line, it works on both the clutch pedal, or the button for me..

You seem to be saying that the clutch is mapped to the handbrake in the telemetry?

Protip:
Learn to use your left foot for braking. Then use the B or A button on the GT2's face buttons as your clutch.

It's what I use with my CSR. Most pro iRacers also use a wheel button clutch instead of a pedal as it provides for the fastest type of driving.

I can appreciate. I like driving faster as much as anyone, but I like the whole "car simulator" aspect, and I just can't switch my left foot to the brake seeing as I drive a real car every day. Professional drivers I know use the left foot for the brake on personal preference. I just want my CSR elite pedals to work on forza 4 like they do with GT5!!! If i used buttons for a clutch, I'd rather just left thumb steer myself.

My PWTS + CSP's works fine on the demo..

The 4 bars in telemetry are Handbrake, Clutch, Brake, Accelerator..

I think clutch is the yellow line, it works on both the clutch pedal, or the button for me..

You seem to be saying that the clutch is mapped to the handbrake in the telemetry?

I haven't looked at the telemetry yet, but yes, clutch pedal is just a double for the brake as my experience has found. In GT5 the clutch works normal, but in F4, I clutch, and the car brakes. I seem to be the only one. dag nabbit.

I haven't looked at the telemetry yet, but yes, clutch pedal is just a double for the brake as my experience has found. In GT5 the clutch works normal, but in F4, I clutch, and the car brakes. I seem to be the only one. dag nabbit.

Install the PC drivers and you can check on the PC what's what.. of course make sure you have plugged the pedals into the correct PS2 connection on the wheel etc, I'm not sure the GT2/PWTS have a handbrake input on them, so this might also explain why we aren't suffering!

You do not need to calibrate your wheel or pedals.

In the forza menus go to
  1. My profile
  2. Options
  3. Controller

If you are using Default layout 1, scroll down and turn 'switch handbrake/Clutch' to on.

You have been playing with the foot pedal as a handbrake :lol:
This game has one of the best clutches and clutch support in the business

In the forza menus go to
  1. My profile
  2. Options
  3. Controller

If you are using Default layout 1, scroll down and turn 'switch handbrake/Clutch' to on.

This was the problem I'm sure, BUT I just got the patch and everything is normal now with no changes. Thanks for the responses! The clutch support is awesome now!

Install the PC drivers and you can check on the PC what's what.. of course make sure you have plugged the pedals into the correct PS2 connection on the wheel etc, I'm not sure the GT2/PWTS have a handbrake input on them, so this might also explain why we aren't suffering!

I have both GT2 and PWTS. Both works with my CSP and I use clutch on both. It should work out of the box, and FM4 out of the box. I didn't change any setting on FM4. I also use the B button as handbrake (I'm a drifter). The A button works as clutch too. This is the same layout on my old MS Wheel. Look for the controller layout/setting with that combo (A as clutch, B as handbrake).

This was the problem I'm sure, BUT I just got the patch and everything is normal now with no changes. Thanks for the responses! The clutch support is awesome now!

yes i have done this as well but when i use the cluth it still seems like its braking also please help. meaning switching the hand brake in menus

In the forza menus go to
  1. My profile
  2. Options
  3. Controller

this is not working for me my clutch is a brake n i'm getting annoyed

Protip:

Yes but... you guys LOL, where's the simulation then? :odd:

Back