Forza 4 Pros & Cons

I dont think so, the cars have simply too much grip...

Grip levels are accurate if you check the lateral Gs cars are pulling in the Benchmark screen. Honestly the physics are fine, the reason they seem so forgiving is just because of the steering assist. When that's fixed I think the realism and difficulty will be approaching PC sims.

Spent some time with it now, enough to give my current pros and cons at least.

Cons:
AI in career does start out a bit easy
AI cars in trackday rivals are annoying
Love world tour but I wish the guy would stop talking :P
Could do with some more new enviroments

Pros:
Graphically stunning
Top notch feel to each car, distinct uniqueness between each car
World tour mode is brilliant
Autovista is really very cool
Headtracking is good and works
Not so much of a slog to get credits
Photomode is drastically improved, could be down to the graphic improvments
Car clubs
Rivals mode is simply brilliant, no other word for it and no cons to this mode whatsoever
One of the best car selections I have seen in a racing game

The only con for me at the moment is that it is a little to easy too gain cars and money. By all means make money easy later in the game, but I already have loads of cars just through the import and the level bonuses. I have yet to buy a car or feel the need to!

Last edited:
I like the fact that they've included even more small hatchbacks like the C1, Aygo etc. Good balance all in all between less powerful, family-oriented cars which have between 80hp and 200hp and the more powerful beasts.
Some really fantastic new additions.

Cons:

-Unrealistic cornering from the AI. Example; I enter and throttle gently through a corner in 60 KM/h, while the AI just smashes through it in 100 KM/h + and its always perfect!!! And I still got racing tires and everything. Really stupid that an AI american muscle car takes corner faster and better then my Skyline. Even in the same class.
-The AI cars never makes mistakes? I've yet to see 1 mistake from any AI car
-AI are a pain sometimes (often) in World Tour, at times wreckless!
-To few real world tracks
-No 787B 👎

Pros:

-Beautiful graphics
-Beautiful looking cars
-Autocross races :D
-Car bowling :lol:
-Very nice engine sounds
-Long career mode
-Many events
-Love the reward system

What I want:

More mistakes from the AI cars
A 787B 👍
More real tracks

I saw a great one in the Twingo cup at Sunset Raceway, leader literally lost it into the gravels and rolled into the barriers, very cool to watch! :D

the rewards are way too easy to earn,all the cars you want to buy end up being rewarded instead , plus why does it give you the chance to upgrade for 100% discount after racing a handful of races with one manufacturer , so you're upgrading for free!?

Cons:

-Unrealistic cornering from the AI. Example; I enter and throttle gently through a corner in 60 KM/h, while the AI just smashes through it in 100 KM/h + and its always perfect!!! And I still got racing tires and everything. Really stupid that an AI american muscle car takes corner faster and better then my Skyline. Even in the same class.
-The AI cars never makes mistakes? I've yet to see 1 mistake from any AI car

That doesn't happen, ever. The A.I don't get better grip, they don't get more power, they don't get anything you don't. You're obviously just VERY slow.

And the A.I do make mistakes and those mistakes depend on the Difficulty settings.

the rewards are way too easy to earn,all the cars you want to buy end up being rewarded instead , plus why does it give you the chance to upgrade for 100% discount after racing a handful of races with one manufacturer , so you're upgrading for free!?

I think Turn 10 did a fairly good job researching what the average virtual racer wanted in a racing game and implemented features or behavior based on those metrics. Maybe the whole "grinding" issue with GT5 caused them to overdue the rewards some. I agree, it is a little too easy to acquire cars but I guess I would rather have this than have to spend hours grinding to get anywhere - I have a life outside of gaming :)

And it will leave more time (not grinding for hours) for car tuning, customization, and online competitions.

That doesn't happen, ever. The A.I don't get better grip, they don't get more power, they don't get anything you don't. You're obviously just VERY slow.

And the A.I do make mistakes and those mistakes depend on the Difficulty settings.

So which difficulty should I set it too? There is no place to choose AI difficulty?
You can only choose how difficult you want it without aids etc. Not the AI cars.

We know you think Forza comes from the gods and is perfect :)

It´s the opinions of the people, why do you comment each contra and say this and that is not true and the people are wrong?

I think Turn 10 did a fairly good job researching what the average virtual racer wanted in a racing game and implemented features or behavior based on those metrics.
no they didn't... On the FM4 site a brief read of the course descriptions and history will reveal a bunch of errors and speculation.

Maybe the whole "grinding" issue with GT5 caused them to overdue the rewards some. I agree, it is a little too easy to acquire cars but I guess I would rather have this than have to spend hours grinding to get anywhere - I have a life outside of gaming :)

And it will leave more time (not grinding for hours) for car tuning, customization, and online competitions.
I'm glad you have a life outside gaming but judging a game's longevity is a bit premature with regards to forza as most of the depth of the game is in online play. Last time with FM3 T10 didn't improve this much if at all... Aside from glaring glitches and tuning tricks that are not realistic.

no they didn't... On the FM4 site a brief read of the course descriptions and history will reveal a bunch of errors and speculation.

I'm glad you have a life outside gaming but judging a game's longevity is a bit premature with regards to forza as most of the depth of the game is in online play. Last time with FM3 T10 didn't improve this much if at all... Aside from glaring glitches and tuning tricks that are not realistic.

Wait are you saying T10 didnt improve online? If so you are sadly mistaken. Also considering how many people played FM3 just before the release of FM4, public and private, I dont think its premature to judge Forzas lifespan as being long.

We know you think Forza comes from the gods and is perfect :)

It´s the opinions of the people, why do you comment each contra and say this and that is not true and the people are wrong?

So you are bashing him because he posts too often? It's not a problem to rebate things that are simply untrue.

He is right with that point though, the AI don't have better grip. If you fail to match their cornering speed you are either in a wrong match-up car (rocket vs grip) or your haven't maximized your cornering speed.

I think its a point where everybody thinks different. Some people love the Shift 2 physics. I bought the game and played it 30 mins. No chance to give it another try. 👎
there is two different approach on simulation between Shift and Forza

the physics on Forza is awesome... probably. I'm sorry but I just can get enough CONTROL of the car to test it as it should. When I push the stick lock to lock, I don't turn the wheel, I indicate the pilot I want to change direction and he's doing what HE think is right. Yes, I'm rude, but that's the way it is. I've heard it's the same story with a wheel, so I won't by one to try it out. "Simulation steering" in Forza 4 is about the same as "real damage" on GT5. BTW I think collisions are nowhere near as "damaging" in Forza 4 as they were in Forza 2, the game is overall way easier in ALL aspects

yes, the physics of Shift is somehow wrong, BUT when I push the stick the wheel actually turns. I really think that most of the critism about this game come from people that just can't help pushing the stick lock to lock in each corner, but doing it right is rewarding

Wait are you saying T10 didnt improve online? If so you are sadly mistaken. Also considering how many people played FM3 just before the release of FM4, public and private, I dont think its premature to judge Forzas lifespan as being long.

Yes, I'm saying during the lifespan of FM3, "they" did not make any substantial improvements to the online gameplay at large.... If you have information otherwise, let it be known. Perhaps there is something that I have forgotten, then again, if I have forgotten some "killer" functionality on FM3, it wasn't all that killer was it? Don't get me wrong, I would love for FM4 to be a complete, polished, and finished game, with increasing functionality after release... From what I have read however, There are a few nuances and glitches that need to be fixed. I'm going to pick it up later today, and will report back.

Back