Forza 5 Vs Gran Turismo 6, a detailed analysis

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by pathong, Nov 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pathong

Australia Melbourne,Aus
    PSN:hawkyjason

Hello everyone.
    As a person who watches heaps of gaming related videos, I always wanted to make one of my own.
    So here is a Forza 5 Vs Gran Turismo 6 analysis I put together over the past 8 hours.
    I have covered the pros and cons of both games and alot of information.
    I received plenty of positive feedback from this, so hopefully you folks will enjoy it.
    Cheers

2. PletdeKoe

Netherlands
    PSN:PletdeKoe

Facepalm to cover me complete face! My god! Detailed analysis? You haven't played both games man!

This is going to be locked. Mark my words.....

3. Thread being closed in 5, 4, 3...

Leonidae@MFT and Intronium like this.
  4. Shirrako

United Kingdom London, UK
    PSN:Shirrako

GT6 is not even out yet, you can't really make a detailed analysis until you play the game yourself, few pictures and question answers won't give you all the information about the game.

5. zzz_pt

None Portugal
    PSN:zzz_pt

Great video mate. :cheers:

1. It's Suzuka not Suzuki :D
    2. You completely forgot to mention the Drivatar feature in the conclusions (inovative features) about FM5. It's a great feature n my opinion. :)

Intronium and pathong like this.
  6. WonkyFonk

Ireland Dublin

And what about the big update that is expected on Day 0?

Intronium likes this.
  7. DCP

DCP
    South Africa
    PSN:GTAS_PEETHAM

I think it was a fair review, nicely done.

Intronium likes this.
  8. SPORTVAN

PSN:BORDER323

FM5 recycling old content for money is evil .... lol

PD will be doing this exact thing for the coming months with old revamped tracks

Not a bad job mate.. if a little early ;)

Intronium likes this.
  9. Johnnypenso

Premium
    Canada Windsor,Ontario
    PSN:Johnnypenso

10. doblocruiser

France France

I enjoyed watching that :tup:

Intronium likes this.
  11. Fogerty_Jr

Italy Italy

So the guy spent time and effort to make a video preview of the two major racing games on console, and you're bothered because he opened a new thread to post it?

[​IMG]

Intronium likes this.
  12. cwbetb

PA
    PSN:cwbetb

The whole money hording of Forza games make me sick. Hope GT doesn't dip into this all time low

13. Bluntified

Canada Sauga, Ontario
    PSN:Bluntified

Review of which he has no hands on time with...I think JPs right on this one.

Intronium and iainoflo85 like this.
  14. Johnnypenso

Premium
    Canada Windsor,Ontario

I feel your frustration but the mods have been clear about exact duplicate threads which this one is. If you allow one duplicate, you have to allow more, then pretty soon the boards are filled with multiple, identical topic threads. Don't shoot the messenger:crazy: The video will still be great and useful and informative in it's own proper thread. :tup::tup:

Intronium and DarthMosco like this.
  15. Snake1405

Argentina Argentina

So far, your analysis is good, but you have to play GT6 in deep to know why is better than Forza 5. I already know that with all the improvements this game is gonna ROCK! :dopey:

Intronium and pathong like this.
  16. Fogerty_Jr

Italy Italy

Pricing of these particular goods is a delicate matter. So much as the variable cost is 0, no matter how many DLC you sell, companies determine the price to maximize their revenue, and that depends completely on the demand (i.e. the number of customers willing to pay a determined price, times such price).
    So, would it be the same selling one dlc for $1.000.000 or 1.000.000 dlcs for 1$?
    Well, no: because these goods share what we call "net externalities", which means that to a costumer the product adquires more and more value as more customers adquire the same product. You wouldn't pay a million for a dlc you'd have no one to race with.
    And then, of course, there's an outside option, which is GT6, but it has a switching cost: the cost of buying a PS3, if you don't have one.
    Hence, if MS adopts this price policy, there are two possible options: 1)there is a large amount of people willing to pay that much or 2) MS price policy is completely wrong.

Intronium likes this.
  17. Fogerty_Jr

Italy Italy

A good moderator applies the rules.
    A great moderator applies common sense.

Intronium likes this.
  18. MustangCobra95

United States Houston, TX
    PSN:GTP_MustangGT

I actually took the time to watch this video, and was unaware that Forza 5 only has 200 cars. That was a very bad move by Turn 10 especially with the DLC announcement of old content. I'm glad Gran Turismo doesn't sink to that level because it just shows that they don't need money to win over the fans. Thanks for the review! :tup:

Intronium likes this.
  19. TokoTurismo

Canada Canada

I'm still going to say T10 shouldn't have wasted their time with Forzavista, why sacrifice 300 decent looking cars for a useless feature? I'm also still not liking them reselling old content, who's idea was that?

Nonetheless it's still a pretty good game, but it would have been better if T10 at least delayed the game (which I knew they should have). But oh well.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
    Intronium and DarthMosco like this.
  20. Streeto

Japan UK

How does one, review a game, without playing it first?

21. zzz_pt

None Portugal
    PSN:zzz_pt

it's not a review.

Intronium likes this.
  22. WonkyFonk

Ireland Dublin

Boromir meme would have fitted perfectly ;)

Intronium likes this.
  23. varmintx

Covington, KY
    PSN:varmintx

I honestly don't think 200 cars is really that bad. However, 14 tracks, no track generator/editor, and no plans for track DLC, is laughably short-sighted. I have no idea how people are going to be able to play the game for more than 2 months without getting sick of driving on the same tracks over and over again.

Intronium likes this.
  24. TokoTurismo

Canada Canada

Yeah, 200 cars isn't bad to have at all. It's only the 14 tracks that's the issue right now.

Intronium likes this.
  25. MustangCobra95

United States Houston, TX
    PSN:GTP_MustangGT

I get what you mean by the cars, because it's like GT3 (still fun to play) all over again, but I agree that the track amount is going to kill this game. They should actually listen to their fanbase and put all of their previous tracks from the games in, or if not all of them, then at least a couple.

Intronium likes this.
  26. GTsimms

West Monroe, LA., US.
    PSN:GTsimms

Good thing about the CSR wheel it will work on GT5, so that means we need a new logo for the wheel and support!

27. Johnnypenso

Premium
    Canada Windsor,Ontario

Very profound..and ultimately their decision of course:cheers:

28. daan

Online Now!
    Scotland Scotland
    PSN:GTP_daan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.