Forza Manufactures Color Chart

• Thread starter Frizbe
  • 90 comments
United States
Albuquerque, NM
Frizbe
Darth Frizbe
The Forza Color Chart is back! I have borrowed liberally from T-12's original thread for this first post. And I have learned a few tricks after posting this on the official forums, namely to write a disclosed and a new way to get the colors faster.

Ok first off Mr. T says it later on but it needs to be repeated
THIS IS NOT GUARANTEED SOME COLORS WILL BE OFF JUST A TOUCH AND IT IS UP TO YOU TO DECIDE HOW TO DEAL WITH IT.
Especially now that Horizon has a dynamic lighting system, I can bet that the first time you leave the paint shop your car will not look exactly right because these codes are generated using the best case scenario pictures I can find. This mean if you leave the shop at dusk/night/dawn it won't look exactly right, give it till its bright noon-ish to decide.

The following has been borrowed from eek5's thread tutorial on the many tips and tricks within Forza's livery editor:
Getting accurate colors

KNN01.jpg

We're done right?

One of the things with creating logos is that you can lay down all the shapes you want but things sort of fall apart when your colors aren't accurate so we'll go a step further and try to get a bit more authenticity. Luckily, since FM3, we are able to fine tune our colors to get exactly what we want.

KNN02.jpg

Color dropper in photoshop. The values we're looking for are the HSB values in the top left (hue, saturation, brightness)

You'll need to use photoshop or another color selector tool and your original source image. You'll notice that the hue value is in degrees (0-360) while Forza uses 0-1.00. To convert basically divide the photoshop hue value by 360. For the example above you'd use 32/360 = 0.089.

KNN03.jpg

Inputting our eyedropped values. That looks better

KNN04.jpg

adjusted red value. See how different the default color was to our fine tuned?

You can find the entire thread here

Now to take this one step further and get accurate manufacturer body color swatches, and while FM lacks the variety of color densities seen in GT5 it's main advantage is exactly this - being able to create (or modify) colors at any given point. For free. With that said let's get things moving, shall we?

It should be noted beforehand that while the calculations involved are effective, they are not going to be 100% precise. You will have to adjust the ranges as necessary until you've acquired the desired color and/or effect - a bit of trial and error if you prefer. You can also take the colors available directly in the game and translate them here, however, it's imperative that it's listed under the name of the color... or at least the closest you can find according to the year of the vehicle.

----
Legend

L (Left): The foremost first click.
M (Middle): The foremost middle click.
R (Right): The foremost last click before advancing to the next number.

Recent additions:

Total Color Count:

Tips:
If you want a metallic color [denoted on the sheet like this: Name (M)] to really pop use the special color and use color 1 as the color on the chart and color 2 almost the same but take out maybe (subtract) 3 numbers of saturation (second bar) and add about 2 numbers to the brightness. Even if you use exactly the same code it looks more metallic-y than the metallic section.

Requests:
I will do requests, and as a bonus I will do them a little quicker these days. But I have a request for you valued customer!
Bring me at least three (3) photos of the color you are looking for. Ideally they would include one in shade and two sunlight ones but lets not get too picky. If you don't leave me at least three photos don't expect your color to be on the chart anytime soon. It is such a PITA to track down some of these colors you guys find.:lol:
Oh except for Nissan Midnight Purple III I have tried and tried but that color is just too awesome for Forza to handle.

Just added the new BMW Frozen paints. New color name designation to go along with them (F) represents flat / matte colors.

Tweak Brown (Audi)

Color 1

Hue: .05L
Saturation: .50M
Brightness: .19L

Color 2

Hue: .07L
Saturation: .31L
Brightness: .75M

---

Simpler: .07M, 29R, 30L. Simpler takes into account how the color would appear in a selection catalog, not how the color would react to various lighting scenarios. Simpler is a 1:1 recreation as it appears in these circumstances, and only these circumstances.

Highland Green Pwease.

Bullitt_mustang.JPG

Thats a pretty ugly and undercolored photo.. You might have to do better then that. All that grain would make it hard to pinpoint I would assume.

Highland Green (Ford)

Color 1

Hue: .29L
Saturation: .51R
Brightness: .26L

Color 2

Hue: .29L
Saturation: .16R
Brightness: .60L

---

Simpler: .41L, 25R, 24L. Simpler takes into account how the color would appear in a selection catalog, not how the color would react to various lighting scenarios. Simpler is a 1:1 recreation as it appears in these circumstances, and only these circumstances.

So we are up to a touch under 550 colors now, will be done with a decent Aston Martin update this weekend plus all of Mr. T's colors.

I wish there was a way to view the colors without having to google them :( I kind of hate how they took out Metallic swatches.

I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate this resource. I am having so much fun recreating these colors for my cars. I see you have AMC's Big Bad Green on the list. How about doing the other two colors, Big Bad Orange and Big Bad Blue? Hopefully this will help.

Sorry to Bump an old thread, anybody able to do Interlagos Blue metallic and Le Mans Blue metallic? Really want to paint some of my BMW's in FH2.

Interlagos
image.jpg

Le Mans
image.jpg

Sorry to Bump an old thread, anybody able to do Interlagos Blue metallic and Le Mans Blue metallic? Really want to paint some of my BMW's in FH2.
I wasn't going for that color exactly, but I might have created it accidentally? I'll have to check but I'm pretty sure I made it a metallic as well.

M5.jpeg

First two colors. I'll have more tomorrow.

Viola Mentula (Pagani)

Color 1

Hue: 0.80R
Saturation: 0.75R
Brightness: 0.36L

Color 2

Hue: 0.80R
Saturation: 0.74R
Brightness: 0.22R

Blu Francia (Pagani)

Color 1

Hue: 0.62L
Saturation: 0.83L
Brightness: 0.96R

Color 2

Hue: 0.62L
Saturation: 0.88L
Brightness: 0.71L

Big Bad Orange (AMC)

Hue: 0.04L
Saturation: 0.97L
Brightness: 0.99R

Big Bad Blue (AMC)

Hue: 0.55L
Saturation: 0.93R
Brightness: 0.87L

Le Mans Blue Metallic (BMW)

Color 1

Hue: 0.60L
Saturation: 0.61R
Brightness: 0.58L

Color 2

Hue: 0.58L
Saturation: 0.73R
Brightness: 0.60L

Interlagos Blue Metallic (BMW)

Color 1

Hue: 0.63L
Saturation: 1.00R
Brightness: 0.50L

Color 2

Hue: 0.64L
Saturation: 0.90L
Brightness: 0.49L

*For metallic colors always use metal flake unless stated otherwise*

Last edited:
I'm curious. Exactly how do you work these numbers out? It can't be a simple as eyeballing it? Do you feed a representative color sample into photoshop?

Exactly how do you work these numbers out?

Read Frizbe's OP. All of the original information is there and served as the starting point, and once I did it enough I was able to get it down to a basic science of knowing when to compensate values, the ideal circumstances for sampling a color, and getting the tint as accurate as possible.

Having color charts obviously makes the process much easier because all of the information is right there, but there have been more than a few instances where I've had to use several pictures for one particular color in different lighting environments just to have a better sample than what I had beforehand - I can't say I'm particularly fond of them but it works out eventually.

Don't you ever get bored of driving around in a white 595 essesse and wish we had more vintage FIAT factory color options in-game? No? Just me. Oh, well. Will mix and upload all the various whites and greens tomorrow. The blues too, if there will be enough time left in my day.

15746373786_3a9d26522f_z.jpg

102 Rosso Corallo

H: 0.04L
S: 0.71M
L: 0.55L

15584652328_e9b4783f7f_z.jpg

115 Rosso Medio

H: 0.03L
S: 0.83R
L: 0.51L

15585268510_1f0d2a245a_z.jpg

135 Rosso Corallo

H: 0.03L
S: 0.70M
L: 0.61L

15584645858_615797f956_z.jpg

165 Rosso Corallo Scuro

H: 0.03R
S: 0.80M
L: 0.54L

15746361806_fd919bb005_z.jpg

208 Giallo Positano

H: 0.11L
S: 0.75L
L: 0.67L

I will start putting those colors on my cars as soon as I've finished watching Agents of SHIELD tonight.

I'll get the sheet updated with the new contributions later today once I need a break from halo

Latest Posts

Back