DCS: Ho229 v4
DCS: Bo-150 PAH-1
DCS: F-15E
DCS: Harrier
DCS: EMB 312 Tucano
DCS: Nimitz/Kuznetsov Carriers
DCS: NH-90

Last edited:
I have DCS A-10, but I haven't gotten into it yet.

I'm sure it would be fun online, but I was so bored in the training, everything is so complicated.

The A-10 is extremely complex, try out the Su-25T that came free with the game, it's not that difficult to learn in regards to the A-10.

Yep, it's free off of their website, they have download mirrors/torrent in that link I provided.

I'll give that a go.👍

Maybe some of the experts 'round here can help me from becoming a twisted ball of metal fire in multiplayer.:lol:

Very Handy Su-25T Manual
(The manual is slightly dated as it was created with an older version of DCS. Aka, HUD and odd instrument may look different.)

Also, there are new "hands on" tutorials that were created in-game after the last update. Very very well made for beginners. 👍

Last edited:
Very Handy Su-25T Manual
(The manual is slightly dated as it was created with an older version of DCS. Aka, HUD and odd instrument may look different.)

Also, there are new "hands on" tutorials that were created in-game after the last update. Very very well made for beginners. 👍

The whole thing is less than a tenth the size of the A-10 manual!:eek:

What part of the DCS World do you do?

Tanks, fighters, strike etc.

Anti-Tank. Given that the Su-25T is actually my second favorite aircraft (first being the MiG-21). I've just been trying to master it. I haven't bothered flying anything else because I feel like new stuff always pops up in this aircraft that I never knew about! The odds are in my favor too - it's free that way. I'm thinking about picking up the Mil Mi-8 module next. I really like that ancient helo.

Last edited:
Ah.

What's the difference between the DCS A-10, and the FC3 A-10?

I've been a bit scared off from helis because of FSX, I can't hover one to save my life.

We should go tank busting sometime though.👍

Last edited:
DCS Guide to Modules:

DCS World: This is a free package that is the foundation that DCS runs on. It includes all of the air, sea and ground models, AI, etc. etc. This is free, and includes an Su-25T that you can fly. All current DCS modules need this program to work.

DCS Black Shark: This was the original DCS, and allows you to fly a realistic recreation of the Ka-50 Black Shark. This is NOT compatible with DCS: World, you need to purchase...

DCS Black Shark 2: This is the same thing as Black Shark, but updated to be compatible with DCS: World. You can buy it at a discount if you own DCS: Black Shark 1.

DCS A-10C: This module allows you to fly a realistic recreation of a Suite 3 A-10C.

DCS P-51D: This module allows you to fly a realistic recreation of a P-51D Mustang

Flaming Cliffs 3: This is an update of Flaming Cliffs 1 (LOMAC V1.11/12) and Flaming Cliffs 2, adding the ability to fly the F-15C, A-10A, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-29A/C and Su-25 in DCS World. These aircraft are not as accurate as their "DCS" series counterparts. They have simplified avionics and flight models. Due to a previous business arrangement with Ubisoft, you are required to have a copy of a previous version of Flaming Cliff installed before you can install Flaming Cliffs 3. Lock On: Modern Air Combat, LOMAC:Flaming Cliffs, or Flaming Cliffs 2 will all satisfy this requirement.

To answer your question, the A-10A in FC3 is not the same as the A-10C. The A-10C has an advanced flight model, and simulates various systems and avionics such as displays, navigation and target computers, and datalinks that the FC3 A-10A only approximates. All DCS aircraft also have fully interactive, clickable cockpits while FC3 aircraft do not.

There will be a series of separate modules that model each of the FC3 aircraft with advanced flight models, but keep the simplified avionics. These modules will not require an installation of a previous Flaming Cliffs version.
It is my understanding people who have purchased FC3 will also receive these upgrades, but I may be wrong. I also believe I heard that in the future, Eagle Dynamics may develop these airframes to full DCS standards (AFM, full avionics, clickable cockpits), but again, I cannot locate an official statement to verify this.

DCS Combined Arms: This module allows you to control ground forces in DCS World. Options available to you are the ability to control individual tanks and SAMs, strategically control groups from the map, or act as a forward air controller. As a FAC you can mark targets with smoke, IR laser, or targeting lasers, as well as control vehicles.

THIRD PARTY MODULES

DCS "Huey": This module allows you to fly a realistic recreation of a UH-1H Helicopter. Features planned for the final release of this aircraft include multiple player pilots per airframe simultaneously over the internet (I.E. A friend operating the door guns while you fly), as well as a sling load. This is also the first "3rd Party" add on to be released. It was not developed by Eagle Dynamics, but by Belsimtek. ED sells this module for them through its online store.

DCS MiG-21: This is a module in development by Studio Beczl that will allow you to fly a realistic recreation of a MiG-21bis "Fishbed". This module has yet to be released.

DCS Hawk: With this module you will be able to fly an accurate recreation of a BAE Hawk light attack/ trainer. This module is still under development by Virtual European Air Operations.

DCS T-2 Buckeye: This module will be realistic representation of a North American T-2 Buckeye light attack/trainer. This module is still under development by Razbam studios.

DCS F/A-18E: This will be a realistic F/A-18E Super Hornet. It is still in the early stages of development. It will be finished by Coretex Designs.

DCS F-35A: This will be a "realistic" (as much as possible) recreation of the Lockheed Martin F-35A Joint Strike Fighter. Development by Kinney Interactive is just now starting, or will start soon.

DCS L-39: An accurate recreation of the Aero L-39ZO/ZA and dearmed variants. This module is in development by the Virtual Patriots Jet Team

DCS F-104G: An accurate recreation of a Lockheed F-104G Starfighter, in development by Mil-sim Projects.

I have A-10C, UH-1H, P-51D and the two standalone Flaming Cliffs planes; I'd have Black Shark 2 as well if I could redeem my code for it. Needless to say that since it's hard enough to learn a single vehicle I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing, but every now and then I'll pick it up to attempt to fly through a load of question marks and explosions. I got pretty good with the UH-1H last time I played, though. I think I ended my last session googling how I could DIY some of those Thrustmaster MFDs to add working displays inside them, but I haven't played for a while. Thank GTA V for that.

Needless to say that since it's hard enough to learn a single vehicle I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing

:lol: That's me.

I can fly just fine, but using the MFD's to input info and then mark targets and do all that other stuff in the A-10C is ridiculous.

...except for the Su-25T (the only DCS model without a clickable cockpit since it's free).

Oh...:(

It's ok, there isn't that much to click on a Su-25T anyways :D. Definitely not like an A-10.

Lol yeah, that's a good point.

I find it a bit unnerving when the setup process is more complicated in-game than the computer that the game is actually running on.

That's why I like to fly a J-3 on FSX, I actually know what happens when I turn the big red thingy and pull on the black doodad.:lol:

:lol: That's me.

I can fly just fine, but using the MFD's to input info and then mark targets and do all that other stuff in the A-10C is ridiculous.

It is quite involved, but then you can actually use a real A-10C flight manual to learn how to fly in DCS... It's about as full a simulation as you'll find anywhere.

Just make sure you have a joystick, then just watch the in-game tutorials and you're set.

Thanks and I wont until tax season...I wont have a lot of things until tuition money and tax season sadly... Even then I wont have that much more. Either way sounds good and as an Aero Engineer major I obviously have an invested interest.

My joystick (Saitek Cyborg Graphite) was $15 :D

X52 HOTAS all the way! :dopey:

Even if the stick is as floppy as a wet noodle, and using the Saitek software makes me want to kick kittens.

The more I think about it the more it sounds like forming up into a flight online would be incredibly fun.

I think it's time to get the rig converted back to flight...

I constantly log hours and hours with my Virtual Airlines in FSX and FS9. As an avid aviation fan, I am surprised I haven't checked these out yet.

Quick question, should I download DCS World from the DCS site or from Steam?

Edit: I downloaded it from DCS but it says that I don't have the A-10.:confused:

Last edited:
Even if the stick is as floppy as a wet noodle, and using the Saitek software makes me want to kick kittens.

It's driver-less :D. It's very good for what it is. No problems with sensitivity/deadzone. It also comes with just the right number of buttons for DCS (minimal amount). And a happy hat switch.
Edit: I downloaded it from DCS but it says that I don't have the A-10.:confused:

Go into your module manage. I forgot how to get to it as I don't currently have the game open but it's somewhere in the main menu. From there I don't really know what to do maybe enter a key or something. Best bet would be Google.

Last edited:
Go into your module manage. I forgot how to get to it as I don't currently have the game open but it's somewhere in the main menu. From there I don't really know what to do maybe enter a key or something. Best bet would be Google.

I think I have to have it installed by either DCS or Steam, no one part in Steam, one part in DCS.

I'll just download the DCS Wolrd from Steam, thanks.👍

Edit: Wait, do I need to download all the modules so I can play online in DCS World?

I 'm wondering if I should just download everything from the DCS site instead of Steam.

Last edited:
I have DCS A10-C and thought about getting into it a bit more, but I think I wouldn't be able to enjoy it properly without an expensive joystick, so I kind of forgot about it for a while as these flight sims can get really expensive. The main problem is how there are so many controls it makes me want a HOTAS Warthog, and I know I'll end up buying something like that if I get too into DCS.

Latest Posts

Back