[PC] DCS 1.5 & 2.0 Open Alpha

Hey guys I can fly anytime now, anyone up for a spot of SEAD?

More screenshots to motivate you guys:

newz6s.jpg

ojh0sh.jpg

jhef4n.jpg

2njg95t.jpg

Yes, I accidentally landed on a biplane after ejecting. :D
2hh426c.jpg

Also, I have a concern with DCS, I really really really wish pressing both L & R rudder pedals will activate brakes. I'm seriously sick of pressing W and accidentally hitting other keys.

Last edited:
Update: So I fixed my DCS so I could play 104th. But I had to download the Open Beta. Unfortunately I can't transfer my Joystick/Keyboard/Pedal profiles. Could I get some help?

Trying to transfer them doesn't always go well. I don't know what difference between the regular install and beta would be making the profile incompatible in this case. Maybe try searching the ED forums? I've always rebuilt my profiles when something like this happens.

Trying to transfer them doesn't always go well. I don't know what difference between the regular install and beta would be making the profile incompatible in this case. Maybe try searching the ED forums? I've always rebuilt my profiles when something like this happens.
I'm afraid. It would take me a few hours for sure :lol:. Actually it's not so funny :ill:.

Update: So I fixed my DCS so I could play 104th. But I had to download the Open Beta. Unfortunately I can't transfer my Joystick/Keyboard/Pedal profiles. Could I get some help?

What I told you before, just copy and paste into the DCS open beta section.

That's what I did for all my profiles.

And IRL the SU-25 doesn't have individual wheel brakes.

I'm afraid. It would take me a few hours for sure :lol:. Actually it's not so funny :ill:.

I may be used to it since I've been doing this since Lock On and had to change at least 5 sets of controls at once with a much worse UI.

What I told you before, just copy and paste into the DCS open beta section.

That's what I did for all my profiles.
If you haven't tried this, do it. I thought you did and it failed. The beta has its own saved games folder.

EDIT

Didn't work for some reason. Beta folders don't have "Su25T" folder :ouch:.
Try setting a random key in the Su-25 options in the sim. That might create the folder. Or you can try copying the folder directly.

After a bit of playing around and making 3,000,000 backup folders I got it to work.

(Bopop, mine isn't like that for some odd reason, the Beta folder for me was practically empty except for some .lua files).

After a bit of playing around and making 3,000,000 backup folders I got it to work.

(Bopop, mine isn't like that for some odd reason, the Beta folder for me was practically empty except for some .lua files).

(At the risk of being hit over the head with a sock puppet.)

Are you sure you're following the right path?
What you're describing sounds like where the game is installed to.

What also might be happening is the game only makes the folder once you save one in game.
Try just saving a profile with only 1 button or something like that, and then seeing if it creates the folder.

(At the risk of being hit over the head with a sock puppet.)

Are you sure you're following the right path?
What you're describing sounds like where the game is installed to.

What also might be happening is the game only makes the folder once you save one in game.
Try just saving a profile with only 1 button or something like that, and then seeing if it creates the folder.
Naw, it's the right path, I think the problem was not trying to save the profile with 1 button as you mentioned. Everything works perfect now that I just copied the entire DCS World "Input" folder in the Beta destination. It's all good.

If you guys want to fly, I go into full vacation mode in two days. Hit me up anytime and I can fly.

Multi-post my bad :(

Edit: Quick question regarding Steam. I want to buy the Black Shark 2 module now that it's on Steam but I downloaded DCS (and the Beta) from ED's website. If I purchase Steam Black Shark, will it work with my game?

Guess who has a shiny new Black Shark... Now I just need to learn how to fly it lol.

Me too haha what are you doing over 5 hours?

And where is your British Columbia? Canada?

edit;
And:
DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora is now available for pre purchase!
Thursday, 26 June 2014
DUXFORD, UK, June 26th, 2014 - DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora Available for Pre Purchase Discount!

The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics are happy to announce that DCS: Fw 190 D-9 Dora is now available for pre purchase from the DCS Store at: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/

The Focke-Wulf Fw 190 is widely regarded as Germany's best fighter aircraft of World War II. Its appearance in the skies over France in August 1941 was a rude shock to the Allies, as it was clearly superior to any other plane. For nearly a year, the Fw 190 was the unmatched champion of the air war in Europe. The Fw 190 had speed and high altitude performance as its two great assets.

The development of advanced allied fighters resulted in the Fw 190 D–9 variant which first saw service in September 1944. This variant had a larger nose that housed a more powerful Junkers Jumo engine that produced 2,100 hp with the MW-50 boost system. The D-9 was designed for high altitude aerial combat and is a worthy adversary to the P-51D Mustang.

Teaser:

To everyone learning the KA-50, you HAVE to use tutorials or read the manual for this one.

It's not like the 25T where they baby you along the way, this is full fidelity simulation.

I noticed during the tutorial I did a few days ago. Flying it once you're airborne is not that easy either..

Are you experienced with the Ka-50?

Remembering everything is also a challenge :lol: I found start up procedure written out but knowing where what is is going to be the real challenge.

Last edited:
So before trying any tutorials I told myself that it would be best to refresh my memory of flying helos since FSX. I set up improvised maneuver challenges:

Challenge 1: Land in a football/soccer field in the day time:

n4i0bk.jpg

Challenge 2: Land on a rooftop at night. Almost a success but I broke my nose gear:
24l4uqb.jpg

Challenge 3: Hop over to the higher building with broken gear:
2prg0op.jpg

Success!
2chxgrr.jpg

Challenge 5: Eject because you got stuck: :lol:
2i03ayv.jpg

Last edited:
Can one fly these purchase able aircraft with those who don't own them?

Was going to invest in this but that would really be a deal-breaker for me.

Back