[PC] DCS 1.5 & 2.0 Open Alpha

How does the A-10A differ from the A-10C? I know the A-10B is a modified version made to accommodate a copilot.

Thanks for the tip! Going to have to try and pick up at least one of them. Toss up between the A-10 and the Sabre. They're both full on sim right?

I'll have to look into buying the Mi-8 with this sale.

Thanks for the tip! Going to have to try and pick up at least one of them. Toss up between the A-10 and the Sabre. They're both full on sim right?
The A-10C and F-86 are both full DCS simulations. I think the F-86 is still in beta, as is its primary AI opponent, the MiG-15 (getting player version later).

Also know that the F-86's guns cause a frame rate drop. It's problematic on my computer as it makes it hard to correct my aim while shooting.

In terms of overall complexity, I think the F-86 is the simplest module. 1950's avionics, but it's also a jet and not a prop, which makes flying easier. The workload isn't much more than it is in a FC3 module in my opinion despite it being fully modeled.

@terminator363 @GregTheStig @PIP_36 @Encyclopedia @Exorcet @Bopop4

Tags for making sure you see this 70% sale!!

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/

Everything except the MiG is 70% discount from 18 till 20 October.

Cheers mates :cheers:

jxWrVlq.gif

F-86. Hell yes.

Thanks for the heads up! Comcast is finally sending me a replacement router/modem. The signal to my place is fine, as I suspected. Hopefully I can be back online in full next week.

Wait... looks like everything is regular price on Steam, and I can't use codes from the DCS site on Steam... :(

jxWrVlq.gif

F-86. Hell yes.

Thanks for the heads up! Comcast is finally sending me a replacement router/modem. The signal to my place is fine, as I suspected. Hopefully I can be back online in full next week.

Wait... looks like everything is regular price on Steam, and I can't use codes from the DCS site on Steam... :(

Ditch Steam for DCS.

Use the Steam codes for DCS to unlock the modules after you go the full DCS route.

BTW, another noob question. Will I have to download DCS again straight from the DCS site? If so that's definitely not happening until I get the new modem in.

Just in: the regular Su25 is so easy to fly it's a joke :lol:

Btw, if anyone wants to help me learn the F-15, Su-27, A-10I'm free most nights this week.

Edit 3: Does anyone know if I can map 2 actions to one button? (Or trick DCS into doing so?). I want the trigger button on my joystick to work as the Fire button and the wheel brake.

Last edited:
BTW, another noob question. Will I have to download DCS again straight from the DCS site? If so that's definitely not happening until I get the new modem in.

What do you mean? Separate from Steam?

Btw, if anyone wants to help me learn the F-15, Su-27, A-10I'm free most nights this week.

Edit 3: Does anyone know if I can map 2 actions to one button? (Or trick DCS into doing so?). I want the trigger button on my joystick to work as the Fire button and the wheel brake.

What are nights for you? I'm in the early shift this week so everything after 4 pm GMT+1 is okay for me..

You can, with some programming.
I don't know why you'd want to for the trigger and brake because it will screw you up.

*tries to stop, kills teammate*

What are nights for you? I'm in the early shift this week so everything after 4 pm GMT+1 is okay for me..

So I'm going to follow Bopop's suggestion to ditch Steam for DCS so I can take advantage of their sale prices, which are only direct from the ED site. Since codes that you buy from ED don't work on the Steam version of DCS (but they do the other way around, I guess), I was wondering if I had to download DCS World again, this time directly from DCS and not Steam. According to some threads I found it looks like I'll have to.

You can, with some programming.
I don't know why you'd want to for the trigger and brake because it will screw you up.

*tries to stop, kills teammate*
It's because as far as I know on Russian planes the wheelbrake is a lever on the joystick. It wouldn't kill my teammates since I taxi with a Nav view not Air to Ground :lol: And DCS won't even let you fire weapons on the ground (the only time you will be using your wheelbrake anyways). What programming btw?

Every night except Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Wednesday. I'm PST over here. I usually go online 10pm and later.

And DCS won't even let you fire weapons on the ground

Really? I once saw ralfidude firing the cannon on an A10 while on the runway. He couldn't stop rolling, so he used the recoil from the GAU-8 to slow himself down.

Really? I once saw ralfidude firing the cannon on an A10 while on the runway. He couldn't stop rolling, so he used the recoil from the GAU-8 to slow himself down.
It's true for all of FC3 I think. DCS modules model the ground override (like A-10) or just rely on the pilot to not arm the plane on the ground (like F-86).

Either way setting a weapon launch button to some other function should be alright as long as you manage the weapon systems.

It's because as far as I know on Russian planes the wheelbrake is a lever on the joystick. It wouldn't kill my teammates since I taxi with a Nav view not Air to Ground :lol: And DCS won't even let you fire weapons on the ground (the only time you will be using your wheelbrake anyways). What programming btw?

I believe it's something in a lua file.
I remember seeing a thread on the DCS forums about someone making a script so that a button press would open up a safety cover, flip a switch, and cap the cover again.

If you had something the the Saitek SST software you could do it as well by telling the trigger that it's "A" and "B".
And then in the DCS settings you say that the trigger is A and the brake is B. At least I think that would work.

Every night except Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Wednesday. I'm PST over here. I usually go online 10pm and later.

That's 7 am here :crazy: I'm not going to get out of bed that early to play DCS :lol:

Is this something for you?

So I'm going to follow Bopop's suggestion to ditch Steam for DCS so I can take advantage of their sale prices, which are only direct from the ED site. Since codes that you buy from ED don't work on the Steam version of DCS (but they do the other way around, I guess), I was wondering if I had to download DCS World again, this time directly from DCS and not Steam. According to some threads I found it looks like I'll have to.

Oh yeah.. I'm glad I never connected my DCS with Steam. Any idea when you get the new modem?

edit;
15590575231_414c86a600_o.jpg

15407622650_1dc60898d7_o.jpg

14972492144_5dfc3d5e88_o.jpg

Last edited:
kkj8j5tmwk4wibl9lvrd.jpg

Replacement modem came in today. I'm back online and so far it's all good :) So yeah, best nights for me are Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday pretty much any time after 8PM EST. Saturday and Sunday is more or less all day.

Am I the only one here who hasn't seen this livery before? This is my new favorite me thinks.

2014-10-28_00009.jpg
2014-10-28_00015.jpg

Bonus above the clouds shot. This was a nice flight

2014-10-28_00011.jpg

Also, Hawk T1A available for pre-sale. I'm sure it'll be slow and weak, but it looks like such a fun plane to fly. It would make the aerobatic servers pretty cool too. I think I'll get it eventually but might wait till another flash sale.

Am I the only one here who hasn't seen this livery before? This is my new favorite me thinks.

View attachment 246617 View attachment 246619

Bonus above the clouds shot. This was a nice flight

View attachment 246618

Also, Hawk T1A available for pre-sale. I'm sure it'll be slow and weak, but it looks like such a fun plane to fly. It would make the aerobatic servers pretty cool too. I think I'll get it eventually but might wait till another flash sale.

Reminds me of a Mobius 1 livery.

I'm excited for the F-18.
A DCS level multirole aircraft would be awesome. (MiG doesn't count.:P)

Reminds me of a Mobius 1 livery.

I'm excited for the F-18.
A DCS level multirole aircraft would be awesome. (MiG doesn't count.:P)

Oh man... the nostalgia. I love it even more now! I wish you could choose which livery you wanted before going into a flight (or maybe you can?).

And yes. F-18 should be cool. I'm also anxiously waiting for the Spitfire

Latest Posts

Back