FRL - IROC II - International Race Of Champions - JoeOfTheFire wins!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 402 comments

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Furinkazen_54
Furi Race Leagues (FRL) present..
iroclogo.gif

superspeedwaydaytona1h.jpg

International Race Of Champions - IROC. A showcase for the finest Oval and Road racers. The car is the Chevrolet Camaro RM, a fantastic fun car to drive!

ptsr1.png

~TECHNICAL
To enter, buy a CHEVROLET CAMARO SS '10 from the Chevrolet Dealership, and install RM on it from GT Auto, and then buy a set of PDI P525N wheels. Also give it an Oil Change and run it in.

The car must run with the STOCK LSD, so adjust that in settings. Other than that, you are set to go!

~RACE FORMAT
~Room opens 7pm British time, in my lounge. Make sure you have "Furinkazen" on your friends list. First race starts around 30 min past the hour.~
~All driving aids will be off except for ABS (optional)~
~Damage Limited~
~NO Cautions - An incentive for clean racing~
~Racing Hard Tyres only, cars limited to 473hp.~
~Three races will be held per night. Firstly the Sprint Race, Then the main feature, and then the Bonus "Green-White-Chequer" (or GWC), which is a 3 lap (2 on road courses) shootout for bonus points!~

~Sprint - 60-57-54-51-48-45-42-39-36-33-30-27-24-21-18-15~
~Feature - 100-97-94-91-88-85-82-79-76-73-70-67-64-61-58-55~
~GWC - 45-42-39-36-33-30-27-24-21-18-15-12-9-6-3-0~

~CALENDAR~
01 - Daytona Superspeedway - 10 / 60 / 3 laps 1 APRIL
02 - Laguna Seca - 5 / 30 / 2 laps 8 APRIL
03 - Indianapolis Superspeedway - 8 / 50 / 3 Laps 15 APRIL
04 - Daytona Road Course - 4 / 20 / 2 Laps 22 APRIL
05 - Monza No Chicane - 5 / 25 / 2 Laps 29 APRIL
06 - Daytona Superspeedway - 12 / 75 / 3 Laps 6 MAY

ENTRY LIST
#3 - Niop / RLFX Niop 2 TIME NASCAR SPRINT CUP CHAMPION, IROC I CHAMPION
#11 - Chqr / Chqr
#15 - Akmuq / GTP_Akmuq
#18 - Knelly / Knelly IROC DAYTONA TWO-TIME FEATURE WINNER

#28 - Fastfox / Fastfox400
#29 - Carbonox / Carbonoxv
#54 - Furinkazen / Furinkazen 9 CAREER GTP WINS
#77 - DrifterJoe / JoeOfTheFire IZOD INDYCAR CHAMPION

#83 - kenkwilinski / Crazy_Bassist_83
#99 - Matty / mattymc1996

Last edited:
Well, you know I'm in for this Furi. 👍

Since you didn't mention it in your technical section, are we allowed to install parts for more bhp and then use the power limiter to get back down to 473bhp?

Well, you know I'm in for this Furi. 👍

Since you didn't mention it in your technical section, are we allowed to install parts for more bhp and then use the power limiter to get back down to 473bhp?

No. As stock when bought. So its just oil change + run the car in.

Very scared of this new race format.

Put me down nonetheless.

#11 / Chqr

I love this series. One of my favourite GTP series.

No. As stock when bought. So its just oil change + run the car in.

Ok, may be a good idea to remind people to not add parts in the technical section.

I forgot to write my signup: DrifterJoe/JoeOfTheFire #77 Silver chrome with yellow/gold rims (same colour rims as the lead car in the image in the OP). My car will be called the silver bullet.

Ok, may be a good idea to remind people to not add parts in the technical section.

I forgot to write my signup: DrifterJoe/JoeOfTheFire #77 Silver chrome with yellow/gold rims.

In. Oh and check your PM's ;)

A number of you have got invites for this series. Also what do you guys make of the GWC race idea?

Really cool! FIA GT1 is nearing its end, only 2 races to go now, so I'm in.

Though I might need to share setups with someone to stop the wheelspin on road courses...

Remember, Stock LSD's. ;)

I found the stock/default setup (with full aero) to work fairly well at Laguna Seca when we briefly used the IROC cars in one of Furi's rooms. It only slid the rear in a couple of corners and span the rears coming out of the final corner.

I found the stock/default setup (with full aero) to work fairly well at Laguna Seca when we briefly used the IROC cars in one of Furi's rooms. It only slid the rear in a couple of corners and span the rears coming out of the final corner.

All I ever did change was aero and ride height.

I'm game as ling as this doesnt interfere with Nationwide serie's. I'll be piloting the black #28

I'm a possibility, what day is this on?

The OP just says dates..

Oh yeah, dunno if I joined but I will now.

Matty/mattymc96
GT5 Gray 006N/Matte black
And also, shouldn't all GWC races be 3 laps since its not really about time or distance, just the fact we have green white and chequered..

Just saying :dopey:

Oh yeah, dunno if I joined but I will now.

Matty/mattymc96
GT5 Gray 006N/Matte black
And also, shouldn't all GWC races be 3 laps since its not really about time or distance, just the fact we have green white and chequered..

Just saying :dopey:

They should technically be 2 laps- Green at the start of lap 1, white at the start of lap 2, chequered at the end of lap 2.

Last edited:
What time are you racing on Sundays? I may be able to squeeze in a race or two on Sundays, but not 100% positive. Reserve me for Blue #83

DrifterJoe
They should techincally be 2 laps- Green at the start of lap 1, white at the start of lap 2, chequered at the end of lap 2.

I feel stupid now.. :dopey:

Back