FRL - IROC II - International Race Of Champions - JoeOfTheFire wins!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 402 comments
TomMcD
Congrats fella! :cheers:

:lol:
Nice one, I'll have you know I was 756th last time I checked on the TT's ;)

As for the finish, I was leading, but under pressure, and I unfortunately cracked under the pressure, missing 2nd gear for most of the pit straight on the final lap.

:sly:

Well done Matty.:D

akmuq
As for the finish, I was leading, but under pressure, and I unfortunately cracked under the pressure, missing 2nd gear for most of the pit straight on the final lap.

Well done Matty.:D

An then his engine blew and reassembled itself in time to grab third.. :)

Where are you in the time trials anyway..?

I love how you've put the win in your signature in bold so it stands out :lol:

An then his engine blew and reassembled itself in time to grab third.. :)

Where are you in the time trials anyway..?

Haven't done it like I said I would in the Infield. Hmm, I better check to see if they think I'm stupid yet.:dopey:

TomMcD
I love how you've put the win in your signature in bold so it stands out :lol:

Okay, I have to say something, you HAVE raced more then 24 races in your life..

And yes, it means a lot to me :D

I really haven't, only been here since last September and I'm very picky in my series selection :sly:

TomMcD
I really haven't, only been here since last September and I'm very picky in my series selection :sly:

IndyCar S0,1,2. TOCA S3, WSM selected races, Nationwide S1.. More then 24 me thinks..

I find it unfair how we(me and Tom) have the same amount of series wins despite me having like 25 more race wins. Ah well, that's life.:dopey:

akmuq
I find it unfair how we(me and Tom) have the same amount of series wins despite me having like 25 more race wins. Ah well, that's life.:dopey:

I've had no series wins and I've done 100ish races.. :(

IndyCar S0,1,2. TOCA S3, WSM selected races, Nationwide S1.. More then 24 me thinks..

I never raced in a TOCA event, certainly not S3; I've only raced once in WSM, there were only two races in the first IndyCar season (and there's only been 2 seasons, not 3) and finally I've only raced in about 3 NW races. The rest are IndyCar and Sprint Cup starts :)

EDIT: Oh and Vintage NASCAR, that was the series win. Only 4 races.

TomMcD
I never raced in a TOCA event, certainly not S3; I've only raced once in WSM, there were only two races in the first IndyCar season (and there's only been 2 seasons, not 3) and finally I've only raced in about 3 NW races. The rest are IndyCar and Sprint Cup starts :)

EDIT: Oh and Vintage NASCAR, that was the series win. Only 4 races.

Actually, start Vintage NASCAR again so I can win :D

Actually, start Vintage NASCAR again so I can win :D

Nah, got the WRC Academy on now. Can't be taking on too much ;) That reminds me, do you two (Matty + Ak) wanna get together one night this week and sort out our runs?

I cracked under the pressure too heading into the corkscrew and overcooked it. I tried to let Matty through and kinda made a hash of it.

I've raced in about 50 events and just the 1 win for me at IndyCar Series 0 in the Preseason Race at Indianapolis.

Good job, Matty. 👍

I cracked under the pressure too heading into the corkscrew and overcooked it. I tried to let Matty through and kinda made a hash of it.

I've raced in about 50 events and just the 1 win for me at IndyCar Series 0 in the Preseason Race at Indianapolis.

Good job, Matty. 👍

Ah I was wondering where you'd won mate. I wasn't even there for that event, my connection prevented me; it was before I got wired up.

Ah I was wondering where you'd won mate. I wasn't even there for that event, my connection prevented me; it was before I got wired up.

That race was even more rewarding as I simply slapped on my NASCAR Indy Setup five minutes before the start and set the fastest lap and won with no pit strategy.

I seriously miss IndyCar. I'm trying to find time to get back into it but I would only be taking to the ovals if I'm available though.

Back to IROC, please scrap GWC races or at least reduce the points won by them. IROC I did well enough without them. For sure they're fun but not worth the damage they cause. You're just going to get tears and wrecks, not to mention distorted points standings. Something's not quite right if the likes of Joe, Dax and Carb are not in the top five and I'm starting on the front row.

That race was even more rewarding as I simply slapped on my NASCAR Indy Setup five minutes before the start and set the fastest lap and won with no pit strategy.

Back to IROC, please scrap GWC races or at least reduce the points won by them. IROC I did well enough without them. For sure they're fun but not worth the damage they cause. You're just going to get tears and wrecks, not to mention distorted points standings. Something's not quite right if the likes of Joe, Dax and Carb are not in the top five and I'm starting on the front row.

I'm leaning towards it... The most controversial measure I could do is scrap the results of this seasons GWC races but ONLY if nearly everyone agreed.

On the career wins sbject, around 200 races I reckon and 10 wins.

TomMcD
Nah, got the WRC Academy on now. Can't be taking on too much ;) That reminds me, do you two (Matty + Ak) wanna get together one night this week and sort out our runs?

Tomorrow dayish, or Thursday for me 👍

Alternative 2: Keep the GWC results but scrap them for future races.

sorry i couldn't show tonight, was watching stock cars! they were pretty epic ! (new series in mind now)

Furinkazen
~Prepares for matty backlash~

If results are scrapped there will be a massive backlash...

Furinkazen
Alternative 2: Keep the GWC results but scrap them for future races.

I like the GWC races. Can we keep them as a non-points race anyway? :D

If results are scrapped there will be a massive backlash...

I like the GWC races. Can we keep them as a non-points race anyway? :D

As a non-points bit of fun maybe.. but they'll be gone as a points paying event.

Boss had me help me with some yard work next door, so I had to miss the races. --- Randy

Furinkazen
As a non-points bit of fun maybe.. but they'll be gone as a points paying event.

Are we keeping results?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?????????!!!!!

Back