Fun/Challenging/Funny Cars to Attempt Events With

• Thread starter stash
  • 43 comments

stash

(Banned)
United States
United States
Post your fun/challenging cars to attepmt events with

EXAMPLE: I tuned the SKYLINE GT-R R32 Touring Car for the Super Brands Hatch 15 lap Challenge. That's not the best exmple as it's 634pp in a 650pp race but you get the idea.

I also have been using the NISSAN STAGEA 250RS AutechVersion '98 @ 549pp for various events such as International B Tour of Japan: Tokyo R246 (600pp limit) which it won easily

Run a Spoon Civic at 400 pp for the 600pp limit races in
NATIONAL A

500 PP Clubman Cup

another challange is a 400 pp st170 focus in the tour of america, indy road course.

I've noticed you can run 150-200pp less than max in many races, and still win.

One of my favourite pastimes. I used a Mini Marcos for loads of things - up to IA and IB. 400-470pp, a great fun car.

Current project is the Midnight Racers in a race tuned Spitfire (around 470 pp). I've got the Spit handling pretty good RH on but have only managed to win the first race. Im sure the Spa and Nord races are possible as Im only tenths away. Might need a favourable lineup of AI tuner cars though.

Last edited:
Yup. Dead serious.
image.jpg

ABS on a TVR?
Not Comfort Hards?

Keeping the races as a non-contact sport will improve the fun factor as you have to consider where to pass rather than playing Rowdy Burns vs Cole Trickle in Hire Cars-ismo.

And is that Jelly Savalas in those 24 minute 'Ring races, lumping about in the R33 Skyline?

Ryk
ABS on a TVR?
Not Comfort Hards?
Unfortunately zero ABS with a DFGT isn't exactly playable... or slightly any bit of fun. There's no feel with the brake pedal... it's either lock or.. erm... lock on braking. I said Comfort Meds because Comfort Hards pretty much make it like it's got tires made of abs plastic. Looking for fun with madness, not insanity. ;)

The challenge should be how low of PP we can win this event with. Preferred not having 'Skid Recovery Force' activated.

Also, the link to the image in my signature started all this. <3
The only aid I use is ABS 1. That's it, and the car is well under-powered when compared to the competition in that race.

The Auto Union V16 in the 24 Minutes of Nurburgring. You'll be faster than the other cars when it's tuned correctly, but luck when it gets dark :D

LOL. I did the same thing with the Tajima EV. You have to pit every lap and follow other cars around in the dark with no headlights.

Nascar @ Nordschleife 24h at night (car has no lights) - The track is like only 10 or 15% enlightened. Its challenging but a cool experience to do once.

If you want an even harder challenge, go get the TVR Cerbera fully tuned, conford hards, nordschleife, 100% rain, at night, no aids... have fun

The Auto Union V16 in the 24 Minutes of Nurburgring. You'll be faster than the other cars when it's tuned correctly, but good luck when it gets dark :D

The FGT at Le Mans 24 minutes is pretty crazy too :) My best result there is 4th (ran out of fuel on the last lap).

That's surely virtual masochism!?! No way would I try a race at night with no lights.. I have trouble getting round the Ring with headlights on!

It's all worth it for that thrill you get at sunrise on the second lap, when you realize you can go as fast as you want again. :)

My personal favourite challenge - Like The Wind at Route X using any FF car. The trick is to draft the guy in first until the last corner and NOS past him, but catching up to it is the problem. I have done it with a Ballade CRX, with the lead car being a Veyron!

Senna's Formula 3 car (with a very tiny bit of ballast for the PP requirements) in the GT300 Championship, I've only tried one race so far, don't know how well it would go at Fuji...

Ascari 10 Lap Challenge with the efini RX-7 Type R (FD) '91 (the premium one)

finally won on my fourth try here's the tune I made

Sports Soft
All Upgrades except nitrous
579pp
675hp

suspension
127 121
6.70 7.62
4 3
3 3
4 4
.3 .6
-.06 .24

brakes
6 4

i forget exactly how i did the transmission but here's some numbers to help you get close

final gear 4.257
top speed 174
gears starting at 1st

LSD
5 / 7 / 5

ballast
0 kg position +4

Last edited:
Back