Funny Gran Turismo 6 Picture Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Here you can post funny Gran Turismo 6 pictures. However no Gran Turismo 6 memes belong on this thread, instead they belong here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ity-stupidity-obvious-re-use-flooding.291335/

Here is an example:

image.jpg

Can you explain the purpose of this thread and why you can't just post funny GT related pictures there?

Insulting mentally challenged people with the "retard" slur..

Calling one of the industry-veterans and leaders with that same slur..

Using childishly stupid wording, such as "butt-ugly"..

Also, I do not find anything of above as remotely funny, all I see is an individual with serious issues that have the problem to express itself normally and on the level of community that happens to have positive affection towards particular game

I seriously hope you will be removed from this forum permanently because of the slur and blatant insulting a person you don't even know personally

This type of behavior is plaguing this community for too long

Not another one of these... :crazy: It's just going to be more pointless hate towards PD disguised as terrible ''jokes''.

Last edited:
Insulting mentally challenged people with the "retard" slur..

Calling one of the industry-veterans and leaders with that same slur..

Using childishly stupid wording, such as "butt-ugly"..

Also, I do not find anything of above as remotely funny, all I see is an individual with serious issues that have the problem to express itself normally and on the level of community that happens to have positive affection towards particular game

I seriously hope you will be removed from this forum permanently because of the slur and blatant insulting a person you don't even know personally

This type of behavior is plaguing this community for too long
Why can't I join you on GAF? 8( I'm sick of this too.

I agree, this kind of thread is not about funny things anymore, but rather about who brings the most ironic insults in a form of an image towards PD, another form of pure hatred. This is a very bad behaviour indeed.

I find this thread funny apart from the profanity. No one is trying to insult PD, just making jokes about PD and having a laugh. I agree that profanity shouldn't be used for obvious reasons but, not everyone will find this thread funny, I feel that a lot more people dislike this thread mainly because of the profanity. (Which is fair enough)

Reactions: VBR
Well it can be funny if the only photos were not only about bashing on Kaz. I am not defending him but it would be better to have a little more respectful jokes. In my opinion the tendency turned into bashing on Kaz as much as possible.

I'm sorry say again?
image.jpg

No, but really guys. One thread was thought to be pushing it. Now we have this off to a bad start.

First off, I would like to say that I apologize for offending anyone. I just wanted to get a laugh from the community and maybe I did a huge mistake for going to the extreme. It was rude of me for calling Kazunori Yamauchi names for putting standards in Gran Turismo 6, and the child-like words I used is enough to infuriate many mature users on this site. The reason why I made this thread, is because I wanted it to make users "cooldown" from those depressing threads (Like those Forza vs GT threads). What made that picture I posted in the OP funny to some people, is that they don't expect something like that when viewing the Gran Turismo 6 forums. I know that sounds awful but its not unexpecting as in a very rude, disrespectable, and childish way... Okay maybe it is all that, but it is also unexpecting in a straightforward way that many users like, and many users hate. And to many of you that want to know why these photos are not just on the Memes is simply because... They aren't memes. According to this definition:
An Internet meme (/ˈmiːm/ MEEM) is an activity, concept, catchphrase or piece of media which spreads, often as mimicry, from person to person via the Internet.

What that means is that it's an idea that could be spread around across the internet. You could spread those images of Xzibit saying "Aye dawg" to any other forum. But could you take a picture of a screenshot of gtplanet with some words changed and put it on another forum to get some laughs? No, they'll just look and laugh at you if they're really nice. Once again, I am sorry for offending anyone with my photos. If I become even more of a controversal figure in this forum because of this thread, then I'll stop for the sake of not infuriating anyone.

How is this different from the GT6 meme thread...?
The other one has had general pictures/random stuff banned from it; much like the FPT spawned the Funny Screenshot thread.

Guys, most people don't even use the word "retard" as a word to make fun of mentally challenged people. Now I'm not saying it's right to do it, but it's just a picture that supposed to poke fun at the events that are happening in GT. I'm pretty sure 99% of the people here joined because of Gran Turismo.

Guys, most people don't even use the word "retard" as a word to make fun of mentally challenged people. Now I'm not saying it's right to do it, but it's just a picture that supposed to poke fun at the events that are happening in GT. I'm pretty sure 99% of the people here joined because of Gran Turismo.
Thank you for clearing that one out.

Yet it is still a bad choice and one that should not be encouraged in any way. I mean to say, if you wouldn't use the word directly to such a person, then why use the word to someone else?

Now I'm not saying it's right to do it, but it's just a picture that supposed to poke fun at the events that are happening in GT.
Yes, I saw your earlier post - I still fail to see how the fact of it being written in an image makes it any better a choice?

Yet it is still a bad choice and one that should not be encouraged in any way. I mean to say, if you wouldn't use the word directly to such a person, then why use the word to someone else?
I suffer from Aspergers syndrome, and to be honest with you I wouldn't care at all if someone called somebody a weird aspie or anything stupid like that. And believe it or not, nobody here thinks Kazunori is retarded. In fact we all think he is very intelligent and an awesome human being. The joke is centred towards his controversial action of including standard cars in Gran Turismo 7, which to me is not a good idea (Please don't ask me why, we can discuss the standards in another thread).

According to the Collins English Dictionary the primary meaning of the word Retard is: "to delay or slow down (the progress, speed, or development) of (something)"

In his "funny Pic" @IneedSchool did not call Kaz a retard, he merely said that kaz had "gone full retard for including PS2 cars to next-gen". When I read that I did not jump to the conclusion that he was calling Kaz names, but was merely using the word retard in it's primary meaning to say that putting PS2 cars in a PS4 game was retarded thing to do, which indeed it is imo.

That's my take on the matter. 👍

Because it's not even supposed to offend anyone...
Once more though, it already has. If this isn't clear, then I am lost for words...

I suffer from Aspergers syndrome, and to be honest with you I wouldn't care at all if someone called somebody a weird aspie or anything stupid like that. And believe it or not, nobody here thinks Kazunori is retarded. In fact we all think he is very intelligent and an awesome human being. The joke is centred towards his controversial action of including standard cars in Gran Turismo 7, which to me is not a good idea (Please don't ask me why, we can discuss the standards in another thread).
Good on you for not being worried what people call you or others who share your condition - that dosen't mean that others out there are as casual about such words.

I know it's bordering on the whole PC debate, but surely you would be happier and can understand that the world where people tend to respect others by default would be better, instead of simply continuing to propogate the age old name calling tactics that are used simply to win an argument - and mostly by kids or teenagers. I know that no one really believes what you said about Kazunori-san to be true, but why use an offensive words when you have plenty of other good words out there to get your point across?

VBR
According to the Collins English Dictionary the primary meaning of the word Retard is: "to delay or slow down (the progress, speed, or development) of (something)"

In his "funny Pic" @IneedSchool did not call Kaz a retard, he merely said that kaz had "gone full retard for including PS2 cars to next-gen". When I read that I did not jump to the conclusion that he was calling Kaz names, but was merely using the word retard in it's primary meaning to say that putting PS2 cars in a PS4 game was retarded thing to do, which indeed it is imo.

This also. "Going full retard" is a pretty common phrase.

But if anyone is offended by it, there's nothing I can do about it. That's @IneedSchool's job.

VBR

Did you not see the film Tropic Thunder? The context for 'full-retard' is in there and there's no ambiguity about that at all.

Once more though, it already has. If this isn't clear, then I am lost for words...

Good on you for not being worried what people call you or others who share your condition - that dosen't mean that others out there are as casual about such words.

I know it's bordering on the whole PC debate, but surely you would be happier and can understand that the world where people tend to respect others by default would be better, instead of simply continuing to propogate the age old name calling tactics that are used simply to win an argument - and mostly by kids or teenagers. I know that no one really believes what you said about Kazunori-san to be true, but why use an offensive words when you have plenty of other good words out there to get your point across?
I used those words because it's from the phase "Never go full retard". Mind you, I have a very dark and silly sense of humour so you are somewhat correct that I used the wrong terms here. On the other hand though, I don't think it was a smart idea for Kaz to put standards in GT7. I don't want to be an arse, and I hate to say this, but many of you that oppose this thread are simply overreacting. It's a simple joke. It may not be funny to you but please don't take it the wrong way and look at me like I'm the antagonist here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back