G25 doesnt calibrate...

• Thread starter Horde_R35
  • 4 comments
Portugal
Lisbon,Portugal
IRT_hordeR35
Whats an Xbox??
These are the reasons why i cant play GT5 nowadays! I dont know whats going on lately... must be the wheater or something, but everything is going bad in my place! First was the PS3 (went to Sony and now is ok), after that was my PC (still fixing...), and now my G25 after taking a rest of like 8 months decided not to calibrate (doesnt spin when i plug it in) but everything else works, padles and every button on it! Oh yeah and the on/off light of the wheel is blinking...

So whats going on guys?

Sounds like the power supply. Check its plugged in properly, if it still doesn't work it might have gone to power supply heaven. You can pick up another power supply to suit pretty easily, just take it into an electronics store and they'll help you out.

Sounds like the power supply. Check its plugged in properly, if it still doesn't work it might have gone to power supply heaven. You can pick up another power supply to suit pretty easily, just take it into an electronics store and they'll help you out.

Really?! Thanks man! Ill try that! I hope thats it:tup:!

If it isn't the PSU, it's a well known and documented problem with the G25 and G27.

If you have a look at my page you'll see I had the same problem and it's easily fixed.

There is a small black wheel attached to one of lthe wheels motors, it's an optical encoder to tell the game what position the wheel is in.

What happens is that over time the little wheel starts to slip on the motor's axle and hence the whel won't calibrate, you need to take the top off the wheel and apply some glue to attach the encoder wheel to the motor axle, really simple.

If you google it you'll even find close up pictures of what your looking for.

Back