Game of Thrones - Caution: contains spoilers & dragonsTV 

• Thread starter Villain
  • 862 comments
ARGH!!!! He knows nothing!

And now we have to wait a friggin year for season 4... Not to mention the wait for the blu-ray release of season 3.

Last edited:
I have a hunch HBO is going to produce a series of Martin's novellas set in Westeros 100 years earlier. These would be prequels.

I hope you're right, Dotini.

It was next-to-impossible for "Mhysa" to upstage the "Rains of Castamere", TBH. My personal highlight had to be the meeting of Joffrey's council - once again, Tywin belittles Joffrey.

Having read the books, I felt giddy watching Theon and Ramsey's scene, and his descent into Reek.

Also, Arya and the Hound's scene gave me a brief chuckle.

And now my watch wait for S4 begins. :indiff:

DK
I hope you're right, Dotini.

* SPOILER *

And now my watch wait for S4 begins. :indiff:

Absolutely useless post for mobile users. 99.9999999% of my browsing is on my iPad or iPhone.

If anyone ventures into a thread like this before seeing the finale, they are not experienced web users and deserve that hard lesson. Now, please make it so all of us are able to read your post.

I was disappointed in the season finale. Have read all the books (reading dance with dragons ATM), and was hoping for a better ending to the season.

Nothing really happened to keep people that haven't read their books on the edge for next season.

However, in not seeing the things that I had hoped to see at the end of the season.

That other wedding & Tyrion's gift to his father

I figured at least one of those things would have been put into this season, as to appease all the people mad at Martin for
for killing Robb & Catelyn

Can't wait for next season though.

Now my wife is happy that true blood starts again.

However, in not seeing the things that I had hoped to see at the end of the season.

That other wedding & Tyrion's gift to his father

Nah, I'd rather have those happening during Season 4. Otherwise S4 would be full of filler.

DK
Nah, I'd rather have those happening during Season 4. Otherwise S4 would be full of filler.

I suspect S4 will open with those events. If not episode 1 it better be by E2, since that was in book 3 IIRC.

Book 3 was split in 2 though, I'm just wondering what they'll do for

BRACE YOURSELVES NON-BOOK READERS, SPOILERS ARE COMING.
A Feast For Crows and A Dance With Dragons, as they are split between the character arcs - i.e. some chapters from either book would run concurrently to each other.

DK
Book 3 was split in 2 though, I'm just wondering what they'll do for

BRACE YOURSELVES NON-BOOK READERS, SPOILERS ARE COMING.
A Feast For Crows and A Dance With Dragons, as they are split between the character arcs - i.e. some chapters from either book would run concurrently to each other.

Again, if IIRC it was actually book 4 and 5 that occur concurrently and the latter part of book 5 picks up past where 4 left off. At least if you read the author's notes on timelines in book 4. I'm old so I might misremember.

Ok. Sorry. I just read the spoiler text to get the complete context of post. How was book 3 split?

Again, if IIRC it was actually book 4 and 5 that occur concurrently and the latter part of book 5 picks up past where 4 left off. At least if you read the author's notes on timelines in book 4. I'm old so I might misremember.

Ok. Sorry. I just read the spoiler text to get the complete context of post. How was book 3 split?

Book 3, A Storm of Swords, was split in 2 chronologically, not geographically like A Feast For Crows and part 1 of A Dance With Dragons.

Guess I'm being dense. Read the books for the second time about a month ago and I still don't get what you mean by "split", chronologically or otherwise, at least in how it might describe book 3.

Not sure where to put this, so I'll put it here.

su8dIkR.jpg

Needs more Tyrion Lannister.

I think he'd be a PSP/Vita. :lol:

Speaking of gaming and Game Of Thrones:
gamedevsofthrones.jpg

I just wonder who Capcom, Namco, Codemasters and PD would be.

So I got the first season. I'm not sure what I've gotten myself into. This could be a huge mistake.

SEASON 3 SPOILER WARNING

Just watched all three seasons in a month. The Red Wedding episode was absolutely insane. I had someone tell me that there was a killing in an upcoming wedding, but another friend was so angry it had been spoiled for me that he tricked me in to thinking it was in a later book, so I didn't suspect it. He did it so well that I actually had no idea what was about to happen, even though there was a wedding in the episode.

The internet spoiled so damn much of this show for me. Started watching it at the start of this month, just finished it.

Must say, I knew the Red Wedding was coming...but it still surprised me with the sheer brutality. I must admit, the last scene with Rob holding his wife while Catelyn begs him to leave was pretty sad.

^ I remember reading in an interview that the producers of the show killed Talisa to cut down on the characters and branching stories of the show. If she had not gone to the wedding like the Westerling girl or escaped then most everyone would what to know what happens to her. Especially, since she carries the King in the North's son.

It was had to watch the Red Wedding, even though I knew it was coming. I was surprised they ended the season that way. If I wasn't familiar with the books, I don't think I'd come back to the show after all the awful things that have happened to the Starks (my favorite family and most everyone else's I imagine).

I think the Purple Wedding would have been a nice way to wrap up season 3, throw a lot of Stark fans a bone; as the Lannisters have had it pretty easy to this point. Or at least, drop a few hints that Lady Olenna is plotting the end of Joffery.

Oh my. The Purple Wedding. I won't spoil it, but it is up there with the Red Wedding for "whoa where did that come from"

Brilliant, brilliant episode

[Spoilers in the links ahead]

Oh my. The Purple Wedding. I won't spoil it, but it is up there with the Red Wedding for "whoa where did that come from"

I think we can sum up that ending with one word; "finally!".

As for whodunnit, I'm going with Sigur Rós. Clearly they were upset that Joffrey didn't like their rendition of the ominous song. :P

I accidentally stumbled on a few spoilers earlier, so I already know who was behind it. Not that it comes as a major shock.

Last edited:
Back