Game Stock Car

• Thread starter oqvist
  • 319 comments
Screw console racing man, I must build a PC right now.
We are thinking in the same lines Pepe, only thing I might miss making such a switch is car collecting racers like FM then, as PC is more dedicated to pure racing games with a smaller presence of street cars. Not being able to race all of those street and supercars would be a slight downer.

There is a tool that was recently created that can convert nearly all rfactor mods/tracks to game stock car so you can still add street cars to the game if you want. Reiza is also releasing free dlc at the end of this month, so far they announced a 2014 spec F1 car, mid 90's spec f1 car, MRX Metalmoro Prototype and a Classic 90s montreal track. Also there is the amazing Blancpain Mod that has been released for this game too which ive done some online club races with and was alot of fun.

We are thinking in the same lines Pepe, only thing I might miss making such a switch is car collecting racers like FM then, as PC is more dedicated to pure racing games with a smaller presence of street cars. Not being able to race all of those street and supercars would be a slight downer.

Yup, gonna build a PC while I wait for the X1 to get a price drop and FM6 arrives. I don't know if I'm gonna have the time to do it right though and just buying a powerful PC can get really expensive.

GSC isnt a very demanding game at all, you dont have to shell out thousands of dollars to get a good gaming pc. Assuming you build it yourself you can save quite a bit.

GSC isnt a very demanding game at all, you dont have to shell out thousands of dollars to get a good gaming pc. Assuming you build it yourself you can save quite a bit.

I know, but if I'm going to make the effort, might as well go crazy with it, within a reasonable budget of course.

Yup, gonna build a PC while I wait for the X1 to get a price drop and FM6 arrives. I don't know if I'm gonna have the time to do it right though and just buying a powerful PC can get really expensive.

I built my pc for around 650.00 and it plays everything at high to ultra depending on the game. Granted im gonna have to upgrade my graphics card soon because i want the most demanding games to run at ultra, but thats just me. It doesnt have to be a super expensive process. You just have to pick and choose when to buy.

And GSC13 is an awesome game.

Is that us time friendly? And if i wanted to race how would i go about that? Being a PC newbie i dont know of any good leagues to run with.
Races are hosted at Racedepartment.com and they have a bunch of club races every week including a sprint style race on Thursday with two 20min races and this 80min enduro on Saturdays. These races for now are at 4pm edt which works for me. To enter into these races all you need to do is over on their forum apply for a racing license and your free to enter any races they host. Had a great duel with another driver for 1st in the sprint race we did last thursday.

New 'Overlay Effect' (where is superimposed the real image with the game) of Game Stock Car 2013. I used the Formula Reiza for a race of two laps at Salvador da Bahia. The overlay steering wheel is the Logitech G27 + SWE 27 Add-On.

Game Stock Car 2013 will soon receive new content in the form of free DLC. And here I leave you an advance from part of the new content, it's about the Formula V12, inspired by F1 cars of the mid-nineties, with a spectacular sound. You can also see in this video the Gilles Villeneuve circuit (Canadian GP) of 1988, also included in this new content.

10154241_10152334703052743_1541655163_n.jpg

Looks like that is the DLC cars they plan to release. Really want to drive the Prototype and the 80s looking Stock Car.

Game Stock Car 2013 / Extreme video. Is a race of two laps with the 125cc karts (with body) at kartodromo of Florianópolis.

Ok, I want to add another sim to my PC library, its between Game Stock Car Extreme and rFactor2. Anyone owning both that can provide an "unbias" (if there is such a thing) opinion? Keep in mind, I don't do much online multi-player at all. What's important to me is good graphics/sound, competitive AI, FFB, triple screen and SimVibe support.
(also running AC, pCARS, R3E/DTM, Dirt 3, F1 2013, and others occasionally)

I own both and only regret buying RF2. Both games are using the same Gmotor, but for whatever reason GSC does it all better. Even if it didn't do everything better the AI alone in GSC is worth the price. The best in sim racing if you ask me. There is no online to speak of, but that's all pc sims besides Iracing. The car count is low, but what they have are very well done. The graphics aren't Pcars or AC so don't expect that, but it is a lot better than what RF2 are doing with their own engine.

GSC for sure, it has a great support network around it, getting some fantastic DLC and as fatkrakr said, it does everything so well and the AI is just awesome.

Bought this last night along with a G27 and I must say Im impressed... even though Im having some trouble setting it all to my liking... its miles ahead of any console game Ive played (physics, FFB, sounds, AI, etc)

To bad its not as user friendly as a console game. You really have to dig around in the internet to find the best settings for the game.

This game really doesn't get the attention it deserves. It does everything very well accept for the AI, which is the best I think I have ever played against.

This game really doesn't get the attention it deserves. It does everything very well accept for the AI, which is the best I think I have ever played against.
Agreed, it's a blast racing the AI - they can race you hard and never stupid (rather "I"ntelligent).

Last edited:
I've downloaded the full demo which allows you to try it for an hour. I will definitely be buying my activation shortly. It's without a doubt the best computer game I've ever played.

I tried the Rfactor 2 demo and it was hideous on my 5 year old lap top (4gb mem, 1gb gfx mem). I got the very lowest level of graphics possible. It reminded me of an Amiga game. It's clearly not well optimised unless you have an uber-pc.

Game Stock Car Extreme ran smoothly and with quite breathtaking visuals on my laptop. I was surprised how easily and well this new version of a game ran on my laptop (connected to my TV)

I've also been having a lot of fun with GTR2 with practically every track ever available for it downloadable for free but GSC will shortly be getting plenty of my attention.

I Need someone to help me convert the PSD files to the correct DDS file format using GIMP.
I have created my custom paint and I can see it correctly using 3ds Max but when I try to convert my files to DDS they arent similar to the ones in the game and dont show in the showroom.
I also dont know if I have to flatten the image before converting or how to add an alpha channel.:dunce::dunce::dunce:
Please :confused: can someone help me????:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
image.jpg
image.jpg

Anyone racing with the Touring Pro Series league? I believe they also race on Rfactor..

Back