game you finished the most times

in my case its hard to say. with the dozen of time ive played postal red alert jedi academy psi ops and hitman blood moeny. but funny enough im pretty the one i played most time was blip blop

It would be one of four games.
  • Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero
  • Ratchet & Clank Going Commando
  • Ratchet & Clank Up Your Arsenal
  • Ratchet & Clank Deadlock
With either one of those it's been completed over 10 times. They're so much fun!

Oddly though there are games I've loved and completed, it's been a long long time since I finished a game more than once. I would have to go back to my early days of 8-bit gaming in the 1980s and it was probably Bruce Lee, either on the ZX Spectrum or Commodore 64 (I played both) which was great fun but quite easy, and once you completed it you started it again, so I played it through several times.

16, 32, 64 bit and to date, I don't think I've completed a game more than once, which is quite strange really. Unless getting 3 stars in every level of Angry Birds and Angry Birds Seasons on two phones counts, and I don't think it should. :)

Last edited:
Mine is Borderlands 2, it's been a while since I saw my character list but last I checked I had completed three playthroughs with each of the six characters, then I had two with another Salvador and one with Axton so that's 21 full playthroughs and a total of 691 hours (on PC, I also played the PS3 version a bit). I probably completed Snake Eater more times, but at around 7 hours per playthrough rather than >20 it's probably not even close to 300 hours of play.

Either GTA San Andreas, or Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on the Gameboy. I've had HE for longer, but I like and have played GTA for longer.

Midnight Club 3, because my completed save corrupted because I didn't understand what saving meant when I was a kid. I ended up completing it like 3 times. :lol:

Probably Final Fantasy. An untold number of times on the NES original, once again with the GBA remake, and I have a completed game on all three save slots on my cell phone. :)

I've also completed Final Fantasy VI several times, I can run Super Metroid in about an hour and a half, I can comfortably tackle Mega Man 2 in a single sitting, and I've repeated the campaigns of Mechwarrior 2: 31st Century Combat and Ace Combat Zero more times than I can count. If "Spring Breeze" from Kirby Super Star qualifies, you could add Kirby's Dreamland to the list. A future contender will be Shovel Knight, which I've already finished more than half a dozen times in one month. What a phenomenal soundtrack...

There are many platformers and other games I've beaten at least 2-3 times, and I'm not counting games with arcade-style experiences.

NFS The Run. Oddly though, I hate that game. First time I completed it the controls were glitched (Nos and Accelerator were mapped to the same button, and brakes didn't exist) and then I would give myself a challenge, like complete it with only Porsches, etc.

Resident Evil 2. Multiple play through's on PS1, Dreamcast, PS3 and PSP.

The funny thing is that I couldn't care less for any other RE game at all.

I'm not much of a gamer, I really don't like most cgames as I find them to be far too generic. I bought a Playstation 2 just for GT3, & a Playstation 3 just for GT5 Prologue.

That said, there are some innovative & original games out there. Out of the few that exist, ICO was the game I completed the most, about 10 times if I remember correctly. On the PS3, I've played LIMBO several times, & probably will continue to do so.

:D

The Mass Effect Series. I think I've completed each title about 7 times and never became bored of it.

I seem to be constantly replaying FarCry 2 though I think that memory may be subjective, as I've only actually completed twice now (but I do have a few other saves at various stages of completion)

Uncharted 2 would be the actual one I have played through the most though, about five time I think. Next would Borderlands 2 with three playthroughs for Salvador and five other partials.

My wife has gone through all of the FEAR and Resistance games about ten times each...she likes them a lot.

EDIT: Actually, I was wrong, Dead Island would be my most completed title so far at over four hundred hours: four times through solo with Sam B plus at least once through in co-op; Three times through with Purna and twice with Xian Mei - Logan got a look in too, but I haven't completed a game with him yet.

Last edited:
Doom. I still play it on my cell-phone. I still love it to death.

I know every secret, item, strategie there is to know about it.

Final Fantasy 7 at least 6 times...
Final Fantasy 8 I think 5 or 7.
Silent Hill 1 5 times.
Metal Gear Solid 10 times or more.
Syphon Filter 1,2 and 3 a lot of times.
Parasite Eve 1 4 times?
Resident Evil 3 at least 10 times.
Dino Crisis 2 at least 10 times.
Rockman 3 and 5 almost everyday for 5 years (not kidding).
Super Mario Bros. 50 times or more.
Super Mario Bros. 3 30 times or more.

The list goes on...

Streets of Rage 2

Second to that was Metal Gear Solid

Since then not much has grabbed me to play again plus I'm older and times and games have changed. The first Uncharted I completed twice but that's about it. I'm kind of done with the game once I've completed it.

Raises an interesting question in the digital age for some games. I can't sell my games on, you either keep them on your hard drive or delete them. I'd like a system where I can sell my digital game.

Resident Evil 4, I have finished it aleast 50 times, Dead Space 2 Ive beat 13 times, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 20 times and Halo CE around 10 times.

Last edited:
The Last of Us,

Bought it and played through 4 times on PS3 then rebought it on PS4 and did it a further 2 times.

Admittedly that was slightly overkill but I only found out afterwards the little 'cheat' for new game plus after I did it.

:)

I've beaten Tony Hawk's Underground and Tokyo Xtreme Racer 3 so many times it's absolutely obsessive

Finished Tekken about three times.
But the game I finished most would be Mass Effect.
I think about 5 or 6 times and did at least 3 playthroughs of the whole series.

The Last of Us,

Bought it and played through 4 times on PS3 then rebought it on PS4 and did it a further 2 times.

Admittedly that was slightly overkill but I only found out afterwards the little 'cheat' for new game plus after I did it.

:)
Same here, except without the little save glitch. Played Hard, Survivor, Survivor Plus and then two Easy Plus modes to pick up the Platinum. Playing through Grounded on the PS4, although it's been a while since hopping on the PS4. I'll inevitably to Grounded Plus and then Easy mode once or twice for the collectables. I've played Left Behind countless times on top of that because I loved the parts with Ellie and Riley.

Aside from The Last of Us? I've probably played Journey a dozen or so times. Don't know if that counts since it's so short though. :P

Excluding Soul Calibur IV, which has a story mode shorter than most YouTube adverts, it would probably be the 4 times I reached champion on Test Drive Unlimited or the dozens of times I beat Tony Hawks Underground 2.

Hmmm.... It would have to be Fallout 3. That game has too many possibilities and always keeps me intriged. A true gaming classic.

Halo 3 co-op campaign

Love that campaign and I spent almost a year straight playing the 4 player co-op campaign helping people with legendary, meta points, terminals, or anything else they needed. Still such an amazing campaign. Last time I checked Bungie.net I had played almost 300 campaign levels. That was before Bungie stopped keeping track. So I am sure I am much closer to 350 by now. If we also count the H3 multiplayer then I am around 3,500 games of Halo 3.

Surprising part is I never beat it solo. I prefer co-op.

That's one tough question.

I guess it would have to be Pokémon Silver. Now, it wasn't my first Pokémon game (Red was), but it's got to be the one I played the most. And I restarted countless times, playing through the game, trading stuff and starting over again... I was twelve back then, was in fifth grade and my friends and I used to meet up during on a nearby playground. We would sit on the swings and play Pokémon, trade and share whatever interesting stuff we discovered. With no/very limited access to the internet back then, there was much to be discovered.

Sigh... Those were the days!

And now there's a sudden urge to acquire a GameBoy Color and some games :lol:

Latest Posts

Back