Garage data transfer GT5 to 6

• Thread starter Jarnac
  • 303 comments

Do you want to transfer your GT5 garage to GT6?

• Yes

Votes: 179 40.4%
  • No

Votes: 213 48.1%
  • whatever

Votes: 51 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not important at all. GT has never had this feature and I like that because it allows you to have that precious moment of building a career from start and beating the Clubman Cup with a cheap car so you can upgrade it with a Sports Muffler.
That's not right. Even if GT6 has import, you will be able to do the exact same thing. Just don't import. Even if you do import all your cars, you can still struggle through the Clubman Cup. Importing does not have to change a single thing about how you play the game. It doesn't even make it easier for obvious reasons.

And then those people would be on here complaining about how easy it was to win the races with their X1 they started with.
Yes, because the only thing to do is race the AI, and the only way to enjoy the game is to melt your mind with repetitive credit grinding. No, the people who import will be able to go racing rather than put up with GT Mode. You probably won't hear from many of them since they'll be enjoying the game.

I say do not carry over any cars at all. Maybe give an option to have like an extra 100k credits imported from GT5 to start as an option and make the driving tests required to run most events like they were in GT4.
This is completely pointless. Time wasting, repeating for the umpteenth time. If you want to do this fine, but forcing it on other people is just ridiculous.

If you start a game like this with even 10 decent cars it looses a lot and if you had 100 or more then it could be very boring.
Exactly the opposite. The more cars you get for nothing, the better the game. Exponentially.

If your garage selection makes the game easy or boring for you, you're doing something majorly wrong.

Without the stupid used car dealership it should be fun to collect them now, instead of a head ache lol

It will be exactly as much of a headache. Buying cars is completely unnecessary.

I say put it in as an option for all the lazy people who want to do it.

So people are lazy for just wanting to cut to the chase and actually enjoy driving the cars they want? Video games are supposed to be fun. They're not jobs. I wouldn't want to import anything either, but criticizing other people for having different play styles is close-minded.

And then those people would be on here complaining about how easy it was to win the races with their X1 they started with.

I would love to see actual proof that this would happen.

So people are lazy for just wanting to cut to the chase and actually enjoy driving the cars they want? Video games are supposed to be fun. They're not jobs. I wouldn't want to import anything either, but criticizing other people for having different play styles is close-minded.

This. People really need to stop with the pathetic labeling of anyone who plays the game differently then they do.

How important will being able to transfer the hard earned and lovingly tweaked and personalised carriages from your GT5 garage to GT6 be for you?

Greed and laziness are strong motivators here, but so is a clean slate..

Well, if GT6 were to be on PS4, I wouldn't care, but since it's coming to PS3 as well, I'd say it'd be a great feature to have.

While they're at it, they could also remove that stupid sending 1 car per day thing, and a limit on the value of a car, oh, and on only 20 million credits. Just unravals, features next to features.

I wouldn't even take all of my cars, just one of each... assuming they were still in the game, maybe not all of the standards will make it... (the ones that are premiumised should be transfered in as premiums though).

Oh but one thing, if they did allow this, I think a balanced approach to the single player campaign, would be to limit your level again, so you couldn't drive all your cars until you worked your way back up to that cars level.

VBR
Part of the fun in a new GT game is starting off with a basic car & working your way up, winning & collecting cars as you go. So, I voted no.
For you not for me! How many bloody Sunday Cups I need to do in my life??? :sly:
Let me skip them I wonna go straight to race cars! A good start for me would be in a Lupo Cup car, Capuccino RM or a Golf IV RM that would make sense.

For me personally I really couldn't care less if it's there's an import option or not, chances are I'll likely start a fresh game anyway.

That being said though I've got no problem at all with them including one for those that do want it, I completely understand that not everyone wants to play through the singleplayer mode (especially if the AI is as bad as it is in GT5) and go through the motions of building up their garages solely for online play.

In fact I almost think they should do something for those that want it, so long as folks like me can simply click "no thankyou" and bypass it if we wish then it's all good :).

It depends on if collecting cars is going to be as bothersome as in gt5 or not, plus the amount and variety of available cars in arcade mode and gt life.

If it is like gt5 then the option should be there, while my opinion would be different if you could start gt life with an open wheeler, have immediate access to tons of cars in arcade mode and being able to buy more than one car at a time on the dealership (especially not wasting 1:30 per each car).

Last edited:
Maybe it can have a selection of cars that the game will give you instead of having to choose your 1st car if you choose garage import.

I voted No. Having all of my old cars from GT5 in GT6 would just end up making the new game boring because I wouldn't have to spend my time earning them again.

Kind of defeats some of the purpose of the game, IMO.

One might think if the game is boring without winning prize cars from past GT games, there would be some elements of GT6 gameplay that that are severely lacking.

I voted yes because it should be a feature, there are certain people that don't want to go though with all the grinding and may want a car right away. It's there choice so they should be allowed.

Besides with the new physics engine, some people may want to retune there cars if there's a significant difference.

I think it is moronic to get all the cars right off the bat, why play a game at all? Just go right to the end of the game?? Pick up uncharted get all the guns, go right to the end? Same thing. SP racing has always been about unlocking cars, getting to harder and harder events.

After saying that, it being an option would be OK, as long as it was optional.

I almost think they should do something for those that want it, so long as folks like me can simply click "no thankyou" and bypass it if we wish then it's all good :).

That, my dear friend, would be the simplest, and dare i say - 'best', solution for everyone -- "would you like to import your garage; yes/no?" ... and then the game begins.
I think then, the Sunday Cup may need a PP limit ;P

Honestly, I prefer playing the 1P game fresh, so my solution would be for the GT5 garage to be available for multiplayer, arcade and online, only.

I think it is moronic to get all the cars right off the bat, why play a game at all? Just go right to the end of the game??
So the game is pointless once you have everything? What about racing. How is that any different from the beginning of the game compared to the end?

Pick up uncharted get all the guns, go right to the end? Same thing.
Actually it's completely different because of the bold. GT does not have a story. There is no end to go to. Having all the cars is like having all the guns and the ability to play what level you want to play when you want. So it's a good thing. I don't like Uncharted at all, but it and similar games should have this feature. It only makes sense.

SP racing has always been about unlocking cars, getting to harder and harder events.
No it hasn't. That is what GT Mode is about, not all of single player racing. And some people just don't care for GT Mode. It bores me. What fun is there in unlocking cars?

Add a simulation mode where the focus is on simulation racing. That way I can have challenging races all the time instead of grinding or driving in horrible beginner racers that are 2 laps long.

If you want a challenge it would honestly be better to skip all of GT Mode and find an online league to race it.

After saying that, it being an option would be OK, as long as it was optional.

Agreed. It's the obvious solution.

So the game is pointless once you have everything? What about racing. How is that any different from the beginning of the game compared to the end?

Actually it's completely different because of the bold. GT does not have a story. There is no end to go to. Having all the cars is like having all the guns and the ability to play what level you want to play when you want. So it's a good thing. I don't like Uncharted at all, but it and similar games should have this feature. It only makes sense.

No it hasn't. That is what GT Mode is about, not all of single player racing. And some people just don't care for GT Mode. It bores me. What fun is there in unlocking cars?

Add a simulation mode where the focus is on simulation racing. That way I can have challenging races all the time instead of grinding or driving in horrible beginner racers that are 2 laps long.

If you want a challenge it would honestly be better to skip all of GT Mode and find an online league to race it.

Agreed. It's the obvious solution.

You said that already, nothing you are going to say is going to change my mind. Unlocking more cars, tracks is an inherent part of SP racing games, it adds to the game and is more to look for ward to then just racing. If you just want to race go online and ignore a-spec. There are times I don't want to race with others and want to just race at my own leisure in offline mode.

You have your opinion I have mine, you keep quoting people like you think you can change their mind? I think importing all cars right off the bat is stupid, you don't, move on.

GT mode was boring, because PD made a terrible offline mode with zero challenge and brain dead AI, it's why A-spec is the single most important thing they need to improve IMO. Other games have pretty challenging Sp modes.

I think it is moronic to get all the cars right off the bat, why play a game at all? Just go right to the end of the game?? Pick up uncharted get all the guns, go right to the end? Same thing. SP racing has always been about unlocking cars, getting to harder and harder events. After saying that, it being an option would be OK, as long as it was optional.

Funny. Forza 4 has all cars available in arcade mode and the game is far from pointless. I'm still motivated to go into career, buy the cars I want, race them, as well as customize them to my liking.

Funny. Forza 4 has all cars available in arcade mode and the game is far from pointless. I'm still motivated to go into career, buy the cars I want, race them, as well as customize them to my liking.

Arcade mode, point? Not talking arcade mode.

You said that already, nothing you are going to say is going to change my mind.
I don't intend to make you want to import anything. Your post had question marks, so I replied.

Unlocking more cars, tracks is an inherent part of SP racing games
It's not, because you can very easily do without it.

it adds to the game and is more to look for ward to then just racing.
For some sure, for others no.

If you just want to race go online and ignore a-spec.
Well that doesn't let people who don't want to race online go anywhere. Secondly, A-Spec is an obnoxious in your face part of the game that is required if you want to do anything beyond using the recommended car list online. It's quite honestly terrible game design. The two modes are unrelated and the player bases behind them can be very different, yet the online group is forced to deal with A-Spec.

There are times I don't want to race with others and want to just race at my own leisure in offline mode.
This goes for the people who don't care about unlocking too.

GT mode was boring, because PD made a terrible offline mode with zero challenge and brain dead AI, it's why A-spec is the single most important thing they need to improve IMO. Other games have pretty challenging Sp modes.
And I think they're all boring. Because I need to waste time grinding. GT Mode could have been the most demanding thing ever, it still would have been horrible because you would have had countless distractions to keep you from racing as you wish. A good single player mode gives you everything at the beginning and lets you do what you want IMO. And there is no reason why GT can't have this while retaining GT Mode.

I had hoped in the last post that my agreement with you would be taken as the bottom line.

Arcade mode, point? Not talking arcade mode.

It factors in anyway. If Arcade Mode was something that gave you all the content and let players do what they wanted, there would be no issue. No need to import anything, there would be a mode for pure racing. However Arcade is, like everything, linked to A-Spec. And then on top of it, it's horribly limited.

I don't intend to make you want to import anything. Your post had question marks, so I replied.

It's not, because you can very easily do without it.

For some sure, for others no.

Well that doesn't let people who don't want to race online go anywhere. Secondly, A-Spec is an obnoxious in your face part of the game that is required if you want to do anything beyond using the recommended car list online. It's quite honestly terrible game design. The two modes are unrelated and the player bases behind them can be very different, yet the online group is forced to deal with A-Spec.

This goes for the people who don't care about unlocking too.

And I think they're all boring. Because I need to waste time grinding. GT Mode could have been the most demanding thing ever, it still would have been horrible because you would have had countless distractions to keep you from racing as you wish. A good single player mode gives you everything at the beginning and lets you do what you want IMO. And there is no reason why GT can't have this while retaining GT Mode.

I had hoped in the last post that my agreement with you would be taken as the bottom line.

Grinding? It's racing.......How is racing with all the cars different then racing as your unlocking cars? SO to suit your argument 1 is racing the other is grinding? Why are you playing a racing game if you find racing boring lol. Your arguement is one big double standard.

Grinding? It's racing.......How is racing with all the cars different then racing as your unlocking cars? SO to suit your argument 1 is racing the other is grinding? Why are you playing a racing game if you find racing boring lol. Your arguement is one big double standard.

Not really. If I want to go Super GT racing, I can't just turn on the game and go Super GT racing. I need to spend however long getting a Super GT car. So I basically have to go find whatever will get me to Super GT the fastest and grind it. All the unlocking does for me is limit choices. I don't see the point at all.

Would it be fair to say that you wouldn't even buy it if the option was there?

:lol:

Not really. If I want to go Super GT racing, I can't just turn on the game and go Super GT racing. I need to spend however long getting a Super GT car. So I basically have to go find whatever will get me to Super GT the fastest and grind it. All the unlocking does for me is limit choices. I don't see the point at all.

Arcade mode already allows this.

I guess you don't like RPGs. You like ender scrolls, dragon quest, fallout, pokemon or similar?

No matter if you personally don't, many still do.

Last edited:
Yes, because the only thing to do is race the AI, and the only way to enjoy the game is to melt your mind with repetitive credit grinding. No, the people who import will be able to go racing rather than put up with GT Mode. You probably won't hear from many of them since they'll be enjoying the game.
That is not the case, You can of course race in the career events, earn money and unlock cars or you can run online and earn money.

At any rate I doubt that they will ever allow you to import your garage nor should they. At most they should give the option of a few extra credits to give you a head start.

It would also be nice if they brought back the option to reset the events and win the prize cars again and then sell them for a reasonable amount like was the case in GT4.

As for hearing from those people. The people who would actually come here and ask for something like this will always be asking for something. Basically in this case they are asking to get everything without playing the game. The whole point is to have fun racing and build your garage not to have the garage full before the first race.

Arcade mode already allows this.
If it did, I wouldn't be arguing. And look past the arbitrary example. Yes, you can go select a Super GT car in arcade (from a limited selection, that can't be tuned, or even have settings adjusted). But the point is there is a needless restriction on what you can do which gets in the way of having fun.

If you truly want a specific example that GT fails to deliver it's easy to find. I can't turn on the game and go F1 or X1 racing. Can't do LMP's either. Can't even use my favorite car (Viper ACR). Wasted a few hours grinding for it on GT5's release date when I could have spent that time lapping with it or tuning it.

I guess you don't like RPGs. You like ender scrolls, dragon quest, fallout, final fantasy, pokemon, chrono trigger or similar?
RPG's don't bother me, and I find that they have many interesting facets, though I don't play them often. I don't see why it matters though. Usually someone says "in game X there are unlocks, so GT having unlocks should not bother anyone". GT is not game X, also I don't think unlocks are needed in any game of any genre, so the analogy doesn't mean much for me.

That said, in games with a story, unlocks can make sense. Actually they can make sense even without the story, plenty of people here like the idea of unlocks in GT. However, a game with a story can certainly let someone run around with the end game items if they so choose. It's not a problem. Having unlocks is not better than having free reign because it's a matter of preference. That's what people need to realize.

No matter if you personally don't, many still do.
That's fine. It's possible to make everyone happy, so the differences in opinion don't matter that much.

At any rate I doubt that they will ever allow you to import your garage nor should they. At most they should give the option of a few extra credits to give you a head start.
Why shouldn't they? Tons of games do it, especially sims.

As for hearing from those people. The people who would actually come here and ask for something like this will always be asking for something. Basically in this case they are asking to get everything without playing the game. The whole point is to have fun racing and build your garage not to have the garage full before the first race.
I'm just asking for the basic simulator formula. I have no idea how wanting all the content equates to not wanting to play the game. It's the opposite in fact, unlocks get in the way of playing. I actually want to play, so it would be nice if the roadblocks placed in the game did not exist.

The whole point is to have fun. Fun is up to the player.

Back