GBO Possum's "Spy" Photos

GBO Possum

Not quite the oldest member. Yet.
Premium
United States
Massachusetts
GBO-Possum
In this gallery, my objective is to create "spy" photos, such as we see in the press and online.

These photos are intended to show an unreleased vehicle in a testing environment where the testers are expecting privacy.

So the photos should convey furtiveness, security, long distance, difficulty of getting a decent shot etc. Anything other than an environment controlled by the photographer.

The photos may be technically imperfect, rather raw looking and poorly composed. There may be intersections and obscuring environmental elements.

Most of these photos were taken at Willow Springs. And all were of the C7 Prototype of course!

Willow Springs is perfect for this purpose. It has (in no particular order):-

• Freedom of camera movement
  • Time of day changes for different lighting effects
  • Hillocks allowing the photographer to use higher vantage points
  • Gullies allowing the photographer to hide from detection and get really low angles of view
  • A huge environment, allowing for great flexibility in setups
  • Wire fences providing an appearance of a secured environment
  • A somewhat desolate environment which implies a location of privacy and lack of access
  • The ability to shoot from behind objects, especially chain link fences
  • A lack of people cluttering the environment and destroying the feeling of the ability to "spy"

I'd like to get your feedback on this photography approach, and I'd like your judgement on my individual photos. For that reason, I will post photos individually and allow you to "like" them individually. I'm interested in the "like" count!

And if you feel inspired to create your own "Spy Photo Galleries", please feel free to place links to them in this thread, and links back to this thread in your galleries.

Last edited:
An early attempt to catch the C7 while evading detection:-

Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_2 4.jpg

A low vantage point as though I'm lying in the grasses to evade detection

Willow Springs International Raceway - Streets Of Willow Springs_29 13.jpg

Back