General Fighting Games Thread

• Thread starter Laughss
  • 3,264 comments
DLC, I want a female version of Kirito. :lol:
If you watch SAOII, you will have a little 'surprise':lol:

Anyway, in Fighting Climax, I would love to see as DLC or as a console exclusive character:
Kanzaki Kaori - (Magical Index)
Yukina Himeragi - (Strike the Blood)
Emi- (Maou-sama!)
L'elf and Pino(support) - (Kakumeiki Valvrave)

If you watch SAOII, you will have a little 'surprise':lol:
10006524_795216447174323_852392391_n.jpg

Last night, I saw a few videos on the classic Power Stone series. I kept hearing of Power Stone, but never really saw any real gameplay videos of it. It seems like a classic game series I would have loved to play. I like the fast-paced, all-range action of the first Power Stone. Some YouTube commenters even noted Power Stone being kind of the roots/inspiration of the Super Smash Bros. series.

If you're familiar with the popular PC fighting game engine M.U.G.E.N., there was a game I was introduced to called "EF-12." EF-12 is kind of like the 3D equivalent of MUGEN. Only difference is that EF-12 features full-on 3D fighters as opposed to the 2D action of MUGEN. If you ever are around online or on YouTube, look up EF-12. Pretty cool stuff.

You know, I am actually considering adding "Mortal Kombat Kollection" to my PS3 koll... uh, collection. I have never been anything crazy of the MK franchise. My only MK experience is with the SNES versions of MK1 and MK2. This Mortal Kombat Kollection seems like a well-done throwback of the series. I saw IGNore (IGN) review this deal on YouTube and was convinced to look into getting this game.

I still haven't ruled out getting Dead or Alive 5.

[UPDATE] I also am considering Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

Somehow I totally missed this notification do I apologize for the late reply, but what game are you talking about? I don't see any game there being desirable. :confused:
The updated Hyper Dragon Ball Z.
You know, I am actually considering adding "Mortal Kombat Kollection" to my PS3 koll... uh, collection. I have never been anything crazy of the MK franchise. My only MK experience is with the SNES versions of MK1 and MK2. This Mortal Kombat Kollection seems like a well-done throwback of the series. I saw IGNore (IGN) review this deal on YouTube and was convinced to look into getting this game.

I still haven't ruled out getting Dead or Alive 5.

[UPDATE] I also am considering Tekken Tag Tournament 2.
I think you can skip out MK unless your a retro junkie. Injustice seems to be better than MK as a fighter. They put a good amount of money in side stuff like Arcade stick, toys, T-shirts, side movies.

"Injustice: Gods Among Us" seems like a cross between Dead or Alive and "Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe." Very cool game from what I've seen in videos. But to be honest... I'm not really into comic books and comic book heroes. Just doesn't appeal to me as much, though I love Batman, Spider Man, Captain America, and Wolverine as far as comic book heroes are concerned. Insane fighting action in this game.

I mentioned three games in my previous post- Mortal Kombat, Dead or Alive 5, and Tekken Tag Tournament 2. I managed to pick up two of the three today. I got "Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition" and "Dead or Alive 5."

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition
When I mentioned Mortal Kombat Kollection, I meant Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition. I mostly did tutorial runs and completed the Tutorial. I like the old-style feel of fighting with this game. While I don't consider myself any kind of Mortal Kombat veteran, I do think the game feels classic without being incredibly modern. Something like this is surely old-meets-new.

Dead or Alive 5
Dead or Alive 5... what can I say? Never has simply beating somebody down felt so good in a fighting game. My only DOA experience prior to DOA5 was "DOA2: Hardcore" on the PlayStation 2. What I love about the Dead or Alive series is how environments aren't just one area, and you aren't restricted to just one area as you fight. A fight that starts out on top of a building can lead to you taking the fight on a busy street once you knock somebody off of the building.

I did feel the least bit accomplished as I was playing through Training and was able to reel off some combos of at least five hits with each character I practiced with. I even managed a few juggle combos a couple of times. Two of my favorites from my DOA2 experience were Zack and Lei Fang. Zack was more childish in DOA2. In DOA5, I like his fierceness and his great balance of speed and striking power. Lei Fang remains a pretty finesse fighter. I then discovered Ryu Hayabusa (or just Hayabusa?). I still fear trying to complete Stage 6-4 of the NES "Ninja Gaiden," but Hayabusa is just... and I don't use this word often- bad ass. His agility is unreal along with his great striking. La Mariposa is also becoming one of my favorites. She is somewhat a cross between Virtua Fighter's El Blaze and Tekken's Eddy. A fun fighter to use, that's for sure. Kokoro is a finesse fighter, but she's a bit more loose than Lei Fang in terms of utilizing offense.

I haven't mastered tag team fighting, but I have seen what happens once you get a tag offense going. I even somehow [stupidly] accepted a Throwdown and lost. I was testing as La Mariposa when one player used Helena.

So I've had some pretty cool experiences that I shared with you fine GTPlaneteers.

Mortal Kombat IX and Komplete Edition are essentially the same game. Komplete Edition only has the DLC added in already, and is a better deal, dollar for dollar, to be honest. Just make sure you pick up all of the classic costumes online(not sure if they were in the Komplete edition or not). They add a bit of replayability to the game if you want to be honest.

Mortal Kombat is a diamond in the rough, but to be honest, most of that community has moved on to Injustice.

Just like how everyone moved away from Tekken Tag or King of Fighters. :(

That is not actually true. KOF is mostly played by international players mostly in Latin and South America and Asia. I see plenty of footage of KOF 98 (not Ultimate Match) and 2002 being played at tournaments today. Why? The answer is simple, every three to four years [when the series was annual], they would radically change the system mechanics for great gameplay match ups. The only exception to this is the games that are considered the "Ash Saga". That caused a lot of fans to migrate back to 98 and 2002. While XIII is getting the tournament attention (Three years running at EVO is a very good sign of the game's potential,) 98 and 2002 is the main power behind the series success in a competitive atmosphere.

Thank you for clearing that up for me. 👍
p4u2-rise-famitsu-teaser.jpg

Rise confirmed for the next P4A Suplex?

Last edited:
Mid-to-low tier. I'm calling it. :lol:

Juicebox explains footsies (mild language warning)

Worth watching, studying if you are serious about learning.

Back