General Fighting Games Thread

• Thread starter Laughss
  • 3,264 comments
So I've been winning my matches against Hugo pretty easily so far.

The Hugo/Gouken matchup is a horrible one. :lol: I'm up to 200 BP/PP. Bet that will just go back to what I had before.

I know this isn't the most popular series among tournament fighters but as a long time fan of this series, I'm excited for it.

I keep hearing that T-hawk is broken.

I've been hearing that, but unlike last installment, I didn't bother reading up other character changes. I don't really care that much for SF now. I think my friend is trying to get me into Blazblue, and I ain't even going to budge. Learning new combos and timing links after links is too damn exhausting.

Looks like I get to thumb my nose at 99.999% of the FGC tonight/today. Remember way back when Ono put out an ad for Hadoken Cabs and later put out a picture of a PS4 controller with his Blanka toy? Remember how every one of you said that the game that would eventually be Ultra ported to the PS4?

Well, guess what happened? Ultra is now a PSNow beta test title... NOT a straight up port!

Sorry for that, but I find it amusing that everyone was expecting port, but they do not understand Capcom's history on selecting consoles for their Street Fighter games on a series platform level.

That makes me feel a bit justified.

I didn't expect it to be a straight port because they were working on a different series. I wonder if the Hadoken cabs also meant the Dead Rising 3 DLC.

images

I'm guessing I shouldn't have waited to get MVC2 off the PSN store, huh? My PS2 copy works fine, but I liked the idea of getting my butt kicked online.

Yes, the Bradley Guide. They made a reworked one for Ultimate, is that still not good you say? Thanks for the link, seems good, I will check it out.
The frame data and such. There were updates weeks after the game came out ( according to my knowledge)

Apparently, Daigo didn't maximize E.Ryu's abilities. I can attest to that, but I'm not defending him for his losses.

Top players getting sent home so early is pretty hilarious. I'll have to see a full bracket soon.

I've found myself going back to MUGEN lately. Part of my return has been semi-influenced by the prospect of designing characters. I tried (and failed) to try to design characters. I even tried and failed trying to make screenpacks and such. The biggest inspiration in my return to the popular PC fighting game engine has been with the ever-popular Dragon Claw character. Despite this, it is very difficult to come up with an original character, especially in the sense of Dragon Claw- which was converted from 3D Studio Max to 2D renders. Maybe the saddest thing about Dragon Claw is how the creator, Reuben Lee, died back in 2007 or so in a boating accident. It's one of those things where you show appreciation for someone and his/her work though that person is no longer with us.

While I lack 3D skill, part of me wants to get into the whole voxel/3D-pixel deal by making simple characters. I doubt I'm going to do anything like make high-resolution characters or make anything of crazy artistic detail like from Guilty Gear or BlazBlue or anything like that. It's all about going with what you know.

By the way... I was sort of considering getting one of the BlazBlue games, Persona 4 Arena, or even PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale as far as fighting games are concerned. If I could find it, I could also consider getting my first-ever SNK game (if you can believe it)- King of Fighters XIII. Yes... I don't have a single game from SNK that I can remember. I've always been such a Capcom person.

Wait a minute... Tekken... 7? 20th Anniversary? It can be so amazing how long franchises live and how much we remember them!

If your a PS3 owner, there is a newer Blazblue and Persona 4 out. KOF 13 is pretty good at a low cost for now.
10347155_10101450496730328_2393004334664823452_n.jpg

Last edited:
I'm trying to understand TACs in UMVSC3 and I'm a bit puzzled. In the Brady guide it says that one can push any direction + s for the tag-in but the only way I've succeeded is left + s and only sometimes despite training mode. It says launcher S, superjump follow (hold s or up directional), at least one normal attack and then the switch input.

Sounds easy enough, but I only succeed at random...

Back