• Thread starter HoltNFrew
  • 125 comments
Good luck, you'll need it. I've golded Monza and have now managed to get within 0.276 of gold on Suzuka, but that was hours ago already. I'm having a very hard time reproducing my best laps, let alone string 2 of them together.

For some reason I'm having trouble to really nail the final chicane. So often, my second split time is good and I still end up doing a 1:06 lap. I haven't quite figured out whether I should go down to 1st or 2nd to accelerate out of it. I'm getting very mixed results. Same for the right-hander just before the first split, 2nd or 3rd?

Automatic gears is much easier, because you don't need to concentrate on changing gear, it brings you down to second for the chicane. My breaking point in the chicane was..... if you look to the right of the track before the bridge, there's a change in the track side surface, from dark to light. Using chase cam, I break at that point when I'm beside it, don't think I cut the chicane at all, if I did it was just the kerb on the entrance...... good look!!

Automatic gears is much easier, because you don't need to concentrate on changing gear, it brings you down to second for the chicane. My breaking point in the chicane was..... if you look to the right of the track before the bridge, there's a change in the track side surface, from dark to light. Using chase cam, I break at that point when I'm beside it, don't think I cut the chicane at all, if I did it was just the kerb on the entrance...... good look!!

Thanks but I just pulled off a 2:09.666 and I'm chuffed! :) I always use manual gearing (got a g27, very comfortable flappies even at these speeds), so I didn't want to change. I did it in 2nd btw.

I must've been in an inspired mood as I pulled off a 2:10.3xx and a 2:10.120 in close succession. And suddenly it just clicked. Got a 1:05.6xx on the first lap which isn't great great but I knew it was good enough if my second lap was good. I did a 1:04.040 second lap, my best second lap effort ever.

Now I've just got the Nurb left.

Thanks but I just pulled off a 2:09.666 and I'm chuffed! :) I always use manual gearing (got a g27, very comfortable flappies even at these speeds), so I didn't want to change. I did it in 2nd btw.

I must've been in an inspired mood as I pulled off a 2:10.3xx and a 2:10.120 in close succession. And suddenly it just clicked. Got a 1:05.6xx on the first lap which isn't great great but I knew it was good enough if my second lap was good. I did a 1:04.040 second lap, my best second lap effort ever.

Now I've just got the Nurb left.

I pulled so many 2:10.1xx before getting Suzuka, it wasn't funny.... and always with some little mistake. Well done on the manual gears too. If your anything Like me you'll find Nurb pretty easy after the challenge of what you just did. It may take a little longer for you because you're changing gear yourself tho. Think I got Nurb in about an hour and a half, really close to gold straight away, and just kept messing up...... good luck with Nurb anyway :)

I pulled so many 2:10.1xx before getting Suzuka, it wasn't funny.... and always with some little mistake. Well done on the manual gears too. If your anything Like me you'll find Nurb pretty easy after the challenge of what you just did. It may take a little longer for you because you're changing gear yourself tho. Think I got Nurb in about an hour and a half, really close to gold straight away, and just kept messing up...... good luck with Nurb anyway :)

Little mistakes are killers on these challenges. Earlier today I did a few of my best first laps only to crash in the first corner, or overshoot the turning point of the final chicane on the second lap. :crazy:

Edit: And the Nurb is done! A 2:07.932 so not a big margin, but I don't care, gold is gold! So that's all three then. Many thanks to the thread starter, your tips were very helpful!

Last edited:
maybe someone can help me here? I'm hitting a wall.(didn't find a proper thread)

i just keep getting disqualified on the the Nurburgring gp
when finish in lets say about 2.09sec. then i get 20sec. penalty somehow.
resulting in 2.29sec.
I'm staying perfectly with 4 wheels on track and hit only a couple of curve stones.

I even tried to stay within the white line leaving the pit.
after many times i can get silver now but not having
earned bronze yet.:grumpy:

thank you very much guys (i mean HoltNFrew and Stune), your videos helped me a lot. if it's ok i'd like to share another 2 videos that also helped me with suzuka challenge

thanks again, your thread is very helpful, i had no chances without it really. i hope i'll be the first girl with GT5 platinum soon (at least in my town lol)

Last edited:
I Finished With Nurburgring, easy once you Golded Suzuka, even if you don't know much the track...

how right you are, i golded all second time and after i finished suzuka it took me just half an hour to gold nurburgring, but suzuka was very tough for me again

yay, beat suzuka gold after 3 grueling nightmare days with DS3, finally got platinum. Thx to tc and all the contributors of videos, wouldnt have done it without those reference times and braking points. kudos!

"I went to future shop, bought a Driving Force GT, cleared that challenge, and return it for a refund, so it is like a free 4 days rental hahahaha."

LOL

I'm most impressed you adapted to a wheel that fast. You are an incredibly smooth driver.

Thank you for this.👍 I just golded Monza with a 2'03.809 and my previous best was 2'17.xxx. This helped me so much. Now to work on the other two.

Edit: Suzuka best time now 2'11.861. I need to work on my brake points a little. So far I have spent about two hours on this one.

Edit2: I golded Suzuka and Nürburgring a few days ago. It took about 4 hours total for Suzuka and only 45 mins for Nürburgring. Your videos and tips were great help.👍 My first lap on Suzuka was 1'05.907 and the second was 1'04.076. I turned off the HUD and it really helped me. I stopped concentrating on whether I was on pace or not and just drove.

Last edited:
Im using a DS3, but i cant golde Nurburgring. I did 2:09.845.
Can someone give me more times and the times of the checkpoints please?

thank you SOOOO much! I just bronzed the Suzuka with my DS3! :)
Suzuka was my last circuit to do, took me AAAAGGGEEESSS to get under that 2.26.000, everytime I tried I ended up outbraking myself in turn 1 lap 2 :(
But just now I did a 2.24.202 using your advice! :D

Ahh why didn't I notice this thread before~ :scared:
I've golded all 3 with the DS3.
But still we need more threads like this instead of cheat threads. 👍👍

Last edited:
Thanks for making this thread. With your help I've golded Monza with a DS3, I've moved on to Suzuka but still miles off. I think I may need to tinker with the car settings.

Finally managed to Gold all of three challenges. Monza was a few days ago, Suzuka last weekend and today, as if to celebrate Vettel's 2nd Championship, I managed to gold Nürburgring. Thank you very much for this thread, it was really very helpful and very well-detailed. Great work, I'll remember it forever hahahaha.

Now it leaves me only with the rain challenges in AMG Academy to get the Gold Standard Trophy, but I'm feeling really lazy to do it this soon, hahaha.

Thanks for the Driving option advice, I managed to Bronze all three in about 30min. Will watch the videos some time and try for golds, really want that Platinum trophy!

EDIT:This is really, really starting to p!ss me off, its ridiculous. Im cutting all the corners possible on Monza, i'm like 2 car lengths behind the ghost almost the whole thing...

Anyone know the standard stats and settings for the Red Bull X2010? I need to revert all mine back so i can do some practice, only 2 seconds off on Monza, just need to prefect the last chicanes

Last edited:
Just golded Nürburgring an hour ago!!!! So damn happy !!! Took me almost a week but here I am.
I golded Monza last week and now I'm off to Suzuka.
I used to think this was impossible with a DS3 yet after days and days of trying, I'm close to gold all three.
One word : keep trying guys! This is possible !!!

Golded Monza on Friday within a hour.
Now working on Suzuka, I managed a 107.1 first lap within a hour's work.. I'm on target for the 28.2 reference point. Need to work on 28.2-52.5.. The sharp hairpin is absolutely killer for me. I'm motivated. :) Let's do this!

For me, that hairpin was the last corner holding me back from Gold. ABS was the trick to maintain more speed and save time there.

Just golded Suzuka! 1 hour yesterday + 1 hour and 15 minutes today = 2 hours and 15 minutes! Not bad! :) Could also be one of the youngest players to gold it.. Wish there was a way to find out!

Finished with a 2:09.558

I am pumped, just golded Suzuka. I used the set up as described (SRF on, ABS 10, everything else off) with my brakes set at 0 front and 10 rear. It was crazy the way I got to gold. I ran a first lap of 1:06.1 way slow of my target of 1:05.5. So I was able to run the second lap just for practice with no pressure......heh. My second lap was 1:03.610, with sectors of 26.806(fastest ever), 23.886(.08 off of fastest ever) and 12.918(fastest ever). For a time of 2:09.759!
I have a wheel and use the roof top view.
I doubt that I would have done it without this thread and videos.
Thank you.
Did I mention....I AM PUMPED!!!!! :D

Well I'm trying your method exact now. I'm finding it much harder to do with the driving force gt than the dualshock 3. And if there's no way in hell to do it with a DS3 then I'm permanently ****ed.

By some advise here I Golded Monza and Nürburgring GP, and now doing Suzuka.

Not that hard after some practise, and I think Nurburgring is technically more difficult due to the tight chicane. After I set the TC to 0, ABS 10, steering mild and -2 and Skid Recovery Force on. ASM - OFF Driving line on.
By quick turning the wheel so the car brakes on the front wheel helped much as braking... had all on bronze for 2 years. Just wanna have all gold now, have all different cars etc.. By the advise her I just got the Suzuka bronze time down to close silver on the first attempts, but after Gold on Nurburgring.... So it's just as everyone here says.. after some hours of practis.. it isn't that hard after all. The Alfa 8C was way harder to get.... Stupid insane challenges, but since I have all gold, all different cars in the game, I just missing those x cars from the vettel challenge... GT6 next :-) ( I'm 45 years old.... haha.. but I do use GT5 to fresh up on Nurburgring, since I drive there occasionally and Spa as well :-) ... for real )

anyone who would like to visit me and gold me all three?,,, I live in Hamburg (Germany)
this seems to be just too difficult/annoying though I am not the worst pad driver...
what pisses me of is that the time is just not red but driving ends when you make a mistake... so practice becomes more harder...

@nissan200SX: you say tha alfa8c was harder?...mmmhh...I golded that one... so maybe I should try the vettel-stuff seriously... so far I quit after 3 or 5 tries... only got bronze on monza...

Latest Posts

Back