Gran Turismo 6 Memes (NO profanity/stupidity/obvious re-use/flooding)

• Thread starter ToyGTone
  • 5,808 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner. It's a heady meme about the most anticipated feature to come to GT6, sometimes called a "track" maker. It's "G" rating base picture was a response to recent mods on content.

. People*

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
We could start with the profanities that littered it. Start.

I've also just removed two more images, neither of which were memes. If we're a little confused over what memes are, look it up before posting. The typical form is a stock image with a stock phrase on it and your own text. For example:

Bad Luck Brian - Top text [does something good]; Bottom text [something bad happens]
XZibit - Top text [Yo dog, I heard you like [something]]; Bottom text [something is nested]
Bill Lumbergh/Office Space - Top text [If [something]]; Bottom text [That'd be great]

Here's some things that aren't memes:

A screengrab of GTPlanet's AUP with some words changed.
A screengrab of GTPlanet's news page with some words changed.
An image that you've just written some random text on about Gran Turismo or Kazunori Yamauchi.
Any random picture you just think of and decide to post.

The only reason I stopped after deleting four pages of posts was because my internet is unreliable at the moment, so I figured posting an actual meme expressing the point would get the message across.

Apparently it didn't.

Maybe this should be the "Funny GT6 Pic Thread", because just memes clearly isn't working...

Obviously removing images with profanity is a good thing, especially as they break the AUP. However, I think that limiting all content in here to standardized memes is a really bad move, as some of the best, most creative, & funniest pictures in here are not even technically memes. I second the point made by @GranTurismo916 that this threads title should be changed to the GT6 Funny Pic Thread, as that would allow for maximum creativity.

Does anyone else agree?

VBR
I think that limiting all content in here to standardized memes is a really bad move
I never said that. I gave a few standardised memes as examples.

This thread has helped create new ones - like Jenkins the Cat and Wistful Kaz. But they were at least memes. It's borderline saddening to see people wanting to change it to something else simply because a handful of people are just not creative enough.

It's borderline saddening to see people wanting to change it to something else simply because a handful of people are just not creative enough.

It's actually saddening for me to see funny pictures get deleted just because they aren't technically memes. Most of the pictures I've posted in here aren't really memes, just funny pictures. Are you really going to go through the whole thread deleting everything that doesn't fit in with the classical definition of what a memes is supposed to be?

VBR
It's actually saddening for me to see funny pictures get deleted just because they aren't technically memes.
Perhaps you should let the creators know this. Then they can find more suitable outlets for their creations and you'll be more happy.
VBR
Most of the pictures I've posted in here aren't really memes, just funny pictures. Are you really going to go through the whole thread deleting everything that doesn't fit in with the classical definition of what a memes is supposed to be?
Yes.

Just like I go through the whole GT6 forum deleting everything that doesn't fit in with the classical definition of GT6. Or any other thread or forum where people cannot stick to the remit.

Blame the folks who, when given a little wiggle room to play with, just post up mod-bait rubbish.

Borderline sad? Why would anyone care if the image has two captions or not? The purpose of this thread is to make people laugh but only as long as they fit the pointless criteria of having two captions?
No. The purpose of the thread is to post memes about GT6, which are not stupid, profane or obvious reposts and to not post them in floods.

I know this because I read it in the title.

If people want to post things that aren't memes, there's other threads. If they want to post things that aren't about GT6, there's other threads. If they want to post things that are stupid, there's things they should be doing instead. If they want to post things that are profane, there's other forums. If, however, they want to post memes about GT6, which are not stupid, profane or obvious reposts and to not post them in floods, this is the place for them...

There is no need to change the thread to something else simply because some people lack the creativity to stick to a pretty basic set of criteria. Why is it borderline saddening? It's pretty much the anthem of the special snowflake status - change everything to suit me.

It won't be changed. Stick to the purpose of the thread or do not post in it.

I did think that altered GTP images were a nice idea as a one-off, but they did look like becoming a not-so-passive-aggressive way of epic whining and complaining via the medium of a picture.

Sorry, I don't have a meme to post. Well I did think about "One does not simply.... make a meme by putting a complaint in a picture".. but then I realised...

No. The purpose of the thread is to post memes about GT6, which are not stupid, profane or obvious reposts and to not post them in floods.

I know this because I read it in the title.

If people want to post things that aren't memes, there's other threads. If they want to post things that aren't about GT6, there's other threads. If they want to post things that are stupid, there's things they should be doing instead. If they want to post things that are profane, there's other forums. If, however, they want to post memes about GT6, which are not stupid, profane or obvious reposts and to not post them in floods, this is the place for them...

There is no need to change the thread to something else simply because some people lack the creativity to stick to a pretty basic set of criteria. Why is it borderline saddening? It's pretty much the anthem of the special snowflake status - change everything to suit me.

It won't be changed. Stick to the purpose of the thread or do not post in it.
Okay, I get it. However, where else are we supposed to post these pics that don't classify as memes. The rumble strip? Because the Funny GT6 Pic thread just got locked.

As a side note I never meant any offense from any of the pics I posted. Apologies.

Okay, I get it. However, where else are we supposed to post these pics that don't classify as memes. The rumble strip? Because the Funny GT6 Pic thread just got locked.
How about the regular funny pic thread in the Rumble Strip?

Or, in the case of the altered GTP news screenshots, the funny screenshot thread, also in the Rumble Strip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back