Gran Turismo 6 Online in nut shell

• Thread starter ToyGTone
  • 46 comments
There's a problem with the PP system, but people intentionnally take advantage of it. And they'll know if they should take something else on Monza or Le Mans. Also, there not a hundred of cars that has something like 50, or even 20 PP advantage actually. By experience, I can tell you in stock PP lobbies, the usual list of cars is down short to 20 recurrent cars or so.

That's one of the reason I'm going through testings and worked on a new PP calculation system. When I'm finished with that, my lobbies will follow my own PP regulations. People will need to check the board online and I'll have to control manually everyone's car, but the fun it'll bring back should be totally worth it ;)

Then the issue is pretty much the entire PP system rather than with the people whose uses those cars, since there are many cars in the game that have an advantage over many other cars in different PP levels. There's probably somewhere between 50-100 or possibly even more of the "cheated cars" as you describe.

Usually there's a way to beat these cars depending on what track it is. Tracks like Le Mans or Monza, the cheat cars will probably end up in the back due to its lack of speed on the straights.
In a 610pp+ lobby, you can run the TS030. It's 615pp.

There's a problem with the PP system, but people intentionnally take advantage of it. And they'll know if they should take something else on Monza or Le Mans. Also, there not a hundred of cars that has something like 50, or even 20 PP advantage actually. By experience, I can tell you in stock PP lobbies, the usual list of cars is down short to 20 recurrent cars or so.

That's one of the reason I'm going through testings and worked on a new PP calculation system. When I'm finished with that, my lobbies will follow my own PP regulations. People will need to check the board online and I'll have to control manually everyone's car, but the fun it'll bring back should be totally worth it ;)

This brings me back to using pp, bhp & weight simultaneously, most of the time which I & others on this site have tested when using all 3 restrictions its makes for some very close racing whether using cheat cars or not as its impossible to meet all 3 restrictions most of the time, there needs to be a sacrifice of 1 of the lthem to match the other 2, the choice is yours.

Yep, that's a way to go, but it's going to limit the choice anyway. In fact, I regret that some of the cheated cars have badly set PPs, as well as I regret some cars having much more than they should, because that means you can't really use them properly. I'd really like to use a Buick Special against an Elise Type 72 and an Evo 5 for instance : similar lap times, different ways of scoring it.

Let's see your opinion on those rooms.

Sorry. No sympathy here; I enjoy diversity - especially when given the option not to join.

Why I rarely find a nice clean race without these happening (especially those Kids)?

No offence - but I'm always surprised when I hear a GTPlanet member complain about the lack of clean events available - considering the plethora of clubs, leagues, series and other automotive get-togethers in existence that are rampantly screamed about in here.

In fact - I'm under the impression that GTPlanet is actually the place to meet and play with like-minded people. Look for them. If they call, you should go. :)

Dirty Racing
Dirty Nascar
These are the reasons why I hate trying to find lobbies on GT6, 99% of the lobbies are dirty lobbies (it says so on the title). I mean what are they doing on GT6? That's why I don't play with other people that often, each time I get into a lobby someone in there is going to play dirty and crash people at some point.
To me Dirty isn't a form of racing at all, smashing cars isn't racing it doesn't require any skills, you just have to floor it until the next corner and crash whoever is in front of you. I'm not going to lie, I've played some dirty "races" with a couple of friends just to laugh but that only happens after we've made a fair amount of clean races before, it allows to remove the competition spirit of the lobby before we all leave the room, it's fun to leave with a laugh rather than I didn't win, or I should've won, etc... it kind of erase the memory of the previous races.

Now NASCAR, I'm having a really hard time finding Clean NASCAR lobbies, mostly because when I do I get kicked before I even go on track, I can't blame the owners of the lobbies since everytime I managed to get in a lobby the people that are not American or Canadian tend to crash people because they can't hold their line, but sometimes Americans and Canadians are going to bully us on track and squeeze us under the yellow line, if we don't back down it's going to be a crash and another reason to kick us and since I don't like to be bullied on track, you know where we usually end up... yup, were it says Daytona on right side of the track. I've had a lot of great NASCAR races with Americans though, they were nice enough to treat us like we weren't from another country.

But to be fair NASCAR is their sport, so they usually assume that we don't know much about it which may or may not be true, just like europeans are going to think as road racing as their own (even though the US also have road racing). But we have a certain mentality over how to race each other that the US doesn't have (we have a softer kind of racing and it's boring) and Amerians have their own mentality over how to race each other which is a lot tougher but more exiting, that's why europeans might kick american players for the way they race when they thought they were clean (and they were just not the european version of clean racing) and that's why americans will think we're "blocking" when we're covering the inside when it's just racing the european way.

Anyway, my point was that DIRTY shouldn't be part of any proper racing games, if you want to play dirty go play GTA V and play races online.

These are the reasons why I hate trying to find lobbies on GT6, 99% of the lobbies are dirty lobbies (it says so on the title). I mean what are they doing on GT6? That's why I don't play with other people that often, each time I get into a lobby someone in there is going to play dirty and crash people at some point.
To me Dirty isn't a form of racing at all, smashing cars isn't racing it doesn't require any skills, you just have to floor it until the next corner and crash whoever is in front of you. I'm not going to lie, I've played some dirty "races" with a couple of friends just to laugh but that only happens after we've made a fair amount of clean races before, it allows to remove the competition spirit of the lobby before we all leave the room, it's fun to leave with a laugh rather than I didn't win, or I should've won, etc... it kind of erase the memory of the previous races.

Now NASCAR, I'm having a really hard time finding Clean NASCAR lobbies, mostly because when I do I get kicked before I even go on track, I can't blame the owners of the lobbies since everytime I managed to get in a lobby the people that are not American or Canadian tend to crash people because they can't hold their line, but sometimes Americans and Canadians are going to bully us on track and squeeze us under the yellow line, if we don't back down it's going to be a crash and another reason to kick us and since I don't like to be bullied on track, you know where we usually end up... yup, were it says Daytona on right side of the track. I've had a lot of great NASCAR races with Americans though, they were nice enough to treat us like we weren't from another country.

But to be fair NASCAR is their sport, so they usually assume that we don't know much about it which may or may not be true, just like europeans are going to think as road racing as their own (even though the US also have road racing). But we have a certain mentality over how to race each other that the US doesn't have (we have a softer kind of racing and it's boring) and Amerians have their own mentality over how to race each other which is a lot tougher but more exiting, that's why europeans might kick american players for the way they race when they thought they were clean (and they were just not the european version of clean racing) and that's why americans will think we're "blocking" when we're covering the inside when it's just racing the european way.

Anyway, my point was that DIRTY shouldn't be part of any proper racing games, if you want to play dirty go play GTA V and play races online.

Many people create/go to dirty racing rooms because they are less restrictive and less serious. I personally like them since everyone is having fun, and nobody is trying to get each other kicked out of lobbies. If you don't want to be apart if them, then don't join them.

Many people create/go to dirty racing rooms because they are less restrictive and less serious. I personally like them since everyone is having fun, and nobody is trying to get each other kicked out of lobbies.

About bolded: I find this to be a problem in some rooms. In fact, when I have hosted, there have been occasions that one or two players clamour for another player to be kicked, and they can be noisy and aggressive about it. Or some player drifts in and wants everything changed right away to suit them - course, filters, etc, etc . . ..
I have had to kick someone only once - and that was through a vote - the majority of players had the opinion that the player in question had a hacked car. Nothing could be proved, but when asked to change cars, he didn't. So he was 'asked to leave.'

And then there are players who think that getting the fastest time on the course suddenly makes them the most intelligent person on the planet, and that everybody else in the room is suddenly stupid - which of course then gives them the right to dictate rules to the host.

If you don't want to be apart if them, then don't join them.

This should be obvious, but seemingly not so to many. 👍
Don't like a room? Go play marbles. Or make a room of your own - and let's see how many people like the kind of room you prefer. There's plenty of room out there in cyberspace. And we can make more.

Many people create/go to dirty racing rooms because they are less restrictive and less serious. I personally like them since everyone is having fun, and nobody is trying to get each other kicked out of lobbies. If you don't want to be apart if them, then don't join them.
Of course they're less restrictive, they only create them because there's a huge amount of boost so it doesn't matter what car you have and the point of the "race" is to crash everyone around you and cut corners. These kind of lobbies in a racing game are a joke to me. But I kind of get why people would go there and enjoy those.

Who said I joined these kind of lobbies? I said I've had some dirty "races" once we're done with clean racing to just laugh at stupid things we can do to crash each other, so when you say it's fun, it is but my point is that there's far too many dirty lobbies.
But without those, dirty "racers" will come in clean lobbies and crash everyone for their own pleasure which would be terrible, but when you have people with dirty habits ruinning your clean race because they have no idea where to brake, it's kind of annoying. Some people only know how to drive like on dirty lobbies because that's all they do when they go and play gt6, which can be annoying if you end up wheel to wheel with people like them there's a strong chance that you'll be on the gravel/grass/wall/car in front/etc... that's why the amount of dirty lobbies annoy me.

Of course they're less restrictive, they only create them because there's a huge amount of boost so it doesn't matter what car you have and the point of the "race" is to crash everyone around you and cut corners. These kind of lobbies in a racing game are a joke to me. But I kind of get why people would go there and enjoy those.

Who said I joined these kind of lobbies? I said I've had some dirty "races" once we're done with clean racing to just laugh at stupid things we can do to crash each other, so when you say it's fun, it is but my point is that there's far too many dirty lobbies.
But without those, dirty "racers" will come in clean lobbies and crash everyone for their own pleasure which would be terrible, but when you have people with dirty habits ruinning your clean race because they have no idea where to brake, it's kind of annoying. Some people only know how to drive like on dirty lobbies because that's all they do when they go and play gt6, which can be annoying if you end up wheel to wheel with people like them there's a strong chance that you'll be on the gravel/grass/wall/car in front/etc... that's why the amount of dirty lobbies annoy me.

Shouldn't the amount of dirty lobbies be a good thing since the people who like to race dirty and cut corners have a place to go, instead of messing up clean lobbies? I have no problem with dirty racing as long they stay in dirty racing lobbies, and don't spill into clean lobbies.

Shouldn't the amount of dirty lobbies be a good thing since the people who like to race dirty and cut corners have a place to go, instead of messing up clean lobbies? I have no problem with dirty racing as long they stay in dirty racing lobbies, and don't spill into clean lobbies.
Well, let's say that it is a good thing since they stay in there while they feel like playing dirty but it is a bad thing when they feel like coming into clean lobbies and they don't really know how to race at all and get caught into their dirty lobby habits and ram everyone out at each corners.

If there wasn't that many dirty lobbies they would probably learn to brake properly before every corners instead of braking at the "in the wall" markers on the side of the road at every single corners.

I tend to avoid the drag rooms (not saying that they're bad or anything) because they get boring after awhile from going against the same people. The only time I ever have any real fun in the drag rooms is when me and someone else have nearly the same tune for the same car, so either one of us could win.

Hp/Weight rooms are wonderful. They don't get enough recognition. Don't get me wrong, there are still dominant cars in hp/weight rooms - but fewer - and it definitely opens it up to more of a wide variety of cars on track, especially in streetcar rooms. I wish i saw fewer PP rooms and more hp/kg rooms online.

On a side note, certain cars do benefit from the PP system, so obviously people are going to want to use them, as winning is objective #1 for most people. And in PP rooms - especially at 500 or 550 PP - people know what's fast(est) and most go with what they are most comfortable and familiar with. Which is a shame, I personally encourage people to step out of the box and try something different.

In the last days of GT5 online in UK LAW Drive 70 MPH or Kick I started a Mafia of black German cars because the police did a bad job and people did join My Mafia.

I know i have bumped an "old" thread but i thinking about posting more Funny Photo, i already thought about couple one's. You're also free to discuss about GT6 Online if you want.

Back