Gran Turismo Arena

• Thread starter Siren
  • 19 comments
Trinidad and Tobago
Trinidad and Tobago
killah_smoke23
I'm surprise no one is talking about this and at least shedding some light on it. Does anyone remember the description for the Arena track because I do, and it says " This is a multipurpose arena used to accommodate tens of thousands of spectators, with a special circuit set up on its field. The total length of the course is short at 668 metres, but the variety of corners in its layout is equal to a large scale circuit. This is a great stage for Karts and small displacement cars. You can also remove the cornerstones and corner barriers to set up a variety of attractions using cones. " Ummmm there's only 2 layouts.....oh and that last part YOU removing barriers and setting up cones, did that option just flew out the window ?

Yes, this was mentioned long ago. It'll probably come with the course creator. Whenever that will be...
Its just weird because because all of the features that were either suppose to be there or will be there in updates have been edited. But why not this now ? The ones that were even edited out were talked about prior to anyone's concern.

Its just weird because because all of the features that were either suppose to be there or will be there in updates have been edited. But why not this now ? The ones that were even edited out were talked about prior to anyone's concern.
PD logic.

Imagine setting up the cones to make autocross courses, that would be soo awesome! :eek:
Dude I was excited when I read that we can set up cones and stuff. Can you imagine how many drift tracks there would be. or something like a drift event.

It's used a few times in coffee breaks without barriers and using cones. The "you" in the text is not meant to be a literal translation. I wish we could set up our own gymkhana course with the upcoming course maker, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

It's used a few times in coffee breaks without barriers and using cones. The "you" in the text is not meant to be a literal translation. I wish we could set up our own gymkhana course with the upcoming course maker, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.
" You can also remove the cornerstones and corner barriers to set up a variety of attractions using cones. " CAN YOU EVEN READ ? Btw wouldn't you think its bad practice for a company (PD) that big or any company of that matter to put something so clear and descriptive in a product they're selling without any hints of it being false ? People call that a scam. What if you went to buy a car and in the description somewhere it said " You can also change the colors on the gauge by a touch of a botton to suit your personality ". So you buy the car soo excited to change the color and show off to your friends right, then it turn out you can't. You contact the dealership to get some help because maybe you're doing something wrong and the guy says "OH...The you in the text is not meant to be a literal translation."

" You can also remove the cornerstones and corner barriers to set up a variety of attractions using cones. " CAN YOU EVEN READ ? Btw wouldn't you think its bad practice for a company (PD) that big or any company of that matter to put something so clear and descriptive in a product they're selling without any hints of it being false ? People call that a scam. What if you went to buy a car and in the description somewhere it said " You can also change the colors on the gauge by a touch of a botton to suit your personality ". So you buy the car soo excited to change the color and show off to your friends right, then it turn out you can't. You contact the dealership to get some help because maybe you're doing something wrong and the guy says "OH...The you in the text is not meant to be a literal translation."
Yeah, I think it is extremely bad to PD promise things and not deliver then.

But is there something we can do? We can whine and whine here in the forums day and night that we never got our spain track they promised, that we never got our community features, that we never got our track editor, that we never got our monthly dlcs...
But at the end of the day they just don't care, Kaz is clearly too busy with his movie/racing stuff, and also too busy developing GT7, which will have FINALLY fixed sounds, but as an extra update, not in the final release, just like was promised for GT6...

Where I'm trying to get is that there isn't much we can do now, they didn't deliver with GT5 nor with GT6, is nothing new that they just promise things and don't deliver, so cry about it now is pointless, instead, remember of this for future releases, and don't build expectations around it. And possibly don't buy the game either since it'll be just another unfinished project that will never be finished.

CAN YOU EVEN READ ?

Dude, chill. In English the word 'You' can mean very different things when used in different sentences. The way I read that statement about the GT6 Arena was the same as you, but it can also mean what LeGeNd-1 is saying. I think, from the way the implementation of the GT6 arena has come to be, LeGeNd-1 is the right one here.

Try to keep your mindless insults to yourself next time, eh?

Dude, chill. In English the word 'You' can mean very different things when used in different sentences. The way I read that statement about the GT6 Arena was the same as you, but it can also mean what LeGeNd-1 is saying. I think, from the way the implementation of the GT6 arena has come to be, LeGeNd-1 is the right one here.

Can you prove that he's right ? Because I can't prove he's wrong either so there's no right or wrong person here and If I were to insult him then I would've called him a PD :censored:riding fan boy. But my intentions were not to insult him since I'm pretty sure most people read it as you and I did, I was making a point.

Can you prove that he's right ? Because I can't prove he's wrong either so there's no right or wrong person here and If I were to insult him then I would've called him a PD :censored:riding fan boy. But my intentions were not to insult him since I'm pretty sure most people read it as you and I did, I was making a point.
I can't prove he's right and you can't prove he's wrong; so why say something like 'CAN YOU EVEN READ' - it's just an insult for the sake of it...

I'm just gonna get my pop corn now...
I've said what I needed to say, but I don't see how this thread needs to stay open as - in its current form - you can't edit the layout of cones etc.

If you aren't happy about it, or the description, then you should go to the epic whining and crying thread...

Well, I'm just saying that most of the English on GT's website is translated directly from Japanese. That's why the prose and choice of words can sometimes feel a bit awkward and things get lost in translation. For all we know, what they're trying to say could be "The cornerstones and corner barriers can be removed to set up a variety of attractions using cones." In all honesty, they should've hired a native English spell checker. But seeing as the GT website is translated in 20+ languages, that's not gonna happen with any sort of consistency. And this is PD we're talking about. Back in GT5 there was a point-to-point course maker picture floating around before release, and none of that is in the game. Compared to that this sentence is not nearly as bad. Yes, I'm disappointed, but if you know PD you should've expected it.

In terms of scamming consumers, Codemasters has just released a 3-car paid DLC pack for Grid Autosport, and ALL 3 of those cars were already in Grid 1 and 2. Compared to that, a slightly misleading sentence tucked away in a developer's website is nothing.

:cheers:

I've said what I needed to say, but I don't see how this thread needs to stay open as - in its current form - you can't edit the layout of cones etc.

If you aren't happy about it, or the description, then you should go to the epic whining and crying thread...
I don't see how my post should be in the epic whining and crying thread since I'm not bashing the game and I actually love the game. In that case anyone pointing out a flaw or mistake in whatever PD does deserves to be in the epic whining and crying thread ?

I don't see how my post should be in the epic whining and crying thread since I'm not bashing the game and I actually love the game. In that case anyone pointing out a flaw or mistake in whatever PD does deserves to be in the epic whining and crying thread ?

Mine wasn't an insult...

You said this in the OP:
oh and that last part YOU removing barriers and setting up cones, did that option just flew out the window ?

that sounds like complaining about the game/ description of the game to me, and thus should go into the complaints thread - in the same way that people who complain about the game's absent course creator feature should.

I said nothing offensive or insulting - so keep your accusations to yourself next time, eh?

Mine wasn't an insult...

You said this in the OP:

that sounds like complaining about the game/ description of the game to me, and thus should go into the complaints thread - in the same way that people who complain about the game's absent course creator feature should.

I said nothing offensive or insulting - so keep your accusations to yourself next time, eh?
If that sounds like complaining to you then that's on your part. You can read it in whatever tone or pitch you choose to in your brain or out loud. It was just a simple question and I'm sure if any interviewer were to asking Kaz the same question it wouldn't be a complaint either. Just a simple question on the topic. You think my opinion belongs in the epic whining and crying thread and you also misinterpreted how I was voicing my opinion and was pretty strong about it. That's insulting to me. So I'm saying this again.

If that is deemed an insult, apologies, i had no idea you were that sensitive.

Good day squire

Back