• Thread starter Brend
  • 24 comments

Brend

Premium
Scotland
Scotland
GTSophy-Lapos
ClassicBrend
Well, with GT5: Academy Edition on the horizon and purchasers netting themselves a neat 20% off voucher for the premium clothing store, having just purchased the most expensive item on the store, I thought it would be a perfect time for a review so any of you eyeing up not just the jacket, but any of the clothing can get a look at what they have to offer.

GRAN TURISMO BOUTIQUE
Racer Jacket

Pricing - £169 (UK)
http://www.shop.us.gran-turismo.com/gb/en/product/EGZ-GT-04213-001_Racer-Jacket

tumblr_mav3lipKTD1rs4cb2o1_1280.jpg

Looks (Outside) -The Jacket is a very nice rock grey colour that nears black, it looks fantastic and from first glance you can see the quality right away. It looks like a jacket made by established jacket companies such as SuperDry and Berghaus. It is not only well made, but very stylish and looks fantastic with a set of jeans. A lot of care has obviously went into the design, at the front it looks very casual with simply a Gran Turismo velcro embodiment on the bottom which fastens across the zipper. On the back, there is a large GT logo as shown in this picture:

tumblr_mav3l7pYnl1rs4cb2o1_1280.jpg

As you can see it once again opts for a more stylish than loud look, because even with the logo on the back, it isn't solid Blue and Red but rather opting for an outline which looks really good. However, it is the little touches that really make the jacket shine. The fast array of different pockets that range in shape and size, and one of my favorite personal touches...

tumblr_mav3k7evXf1rs4cb2o1_1280.jpg

The velcro attatchers are in the shape of the GT-Logo itself (not the GT original logo) A very very nice touch that made me a smile a bit when I seen it. Kudos, designers, kudos.

Now, that's the outside (Most important for impressing), however, once again, the true quality on show is shown by the insides of the jacket, this made me realize it isn't just a showy piece but a true durable jacket.

Looks(Inside) - The jackets interior has a quilted red design and feels very comfy on the body, it feels snug when you wear it because of the fit the jacket has, it's the type of jacket which almost "hugs" the body. Once again, we can also see more pockets, roughly 6 on the inside.

tumblr_mav3krlMcO1rs4cb2o1_1280.jpg

It really is as comfy as you would expect from a >£150 jacket. The price is not because of the branding (well, that probably factors in too...) but because of the jacket's build itself, no cheapo material here, once again it rivals any of the more established jackets I have purchased. I guess one of the show stealers on the jacket is the pocket on the bottom left hand side

tumblr_mav3jsu3uq1rs4cb2o1_1280.jpg

...Purely for the traditional GT logo bringing it's appearance to #3 on one jacket. :lol:

In the end, the jacket itself is fantastic and looks as though it is going to be very durable and perfect for the harsh Winters of the UK. SHOULD YOU BUY IT? It depends on your stance. Are you willing to fork out the £169 asking price? The 20% off voucher with GT-Academy edition though really makes this a thumbs up for me if you have the cash. It would be worth that amount, I managed to snag mines from GTPlanet's very own R1600Turbo for a very good price indeed, quite a steal to be honest.

I hope this has given you a rough guide from what to expect from GT-Boutique overall as well! I am open to any questions you may have. :)

Cheers.

I really do recommend it, looks fantastic. I won't have it off this winter! 👍

I will be putting subtle hints for my wife to pick up on for Xmas!!

Do you know the difference between this, and the “Wind Breaker”-version?

From what I can tell the Wind-breaker is ore akin to a sporty water-proof jacket but this is also water-proof(but not the same material) and more stylish!

I never knew they did all this type of stuff until I saw this thread!

There is some nice bits in there , the nice jackets are a tad pricey but after reading your review , it's not going to be some badly made junk , but a really good quality clothing item. I've got a few items of clothing from Ferrari and like the GT stuff it's expensive gear but seriously well made. My beloved Ferrari win breaker hooded jacket is still looking as good as it did when I was given it 8 years ago!

Felix79
I never knew they did all this type of stuff until I saw this thread!

There is some nice bits in there , the nice jackets are a tad pricey but after reading your review , it's not going to be some badly made junk , but a really good quality clothing item. I've got a few items of clothing from Ferrari and like the GT stuff it's expensive gear but seriously well made. My beloved Ferrari win breaker hooded jacket is still looking as good as it did when I was given it 8 years ago!

The ferrsri stuff is always top notch, totally agree. This is in the same vein for sure,¨it looks really really nice with anything to be honest. My friends have all been praising it, even those who havent heard of GT. Somehow. :scared:

From what I can tell the Wind-breaker is ore akin to a sporty water-proof jacket but this is also water-proof(but not the same material) and more stylish!

I totally agree. This does look better.

Does anyone actually sell the GT Boutique clothing items anywhere anymore???
Lol 4y later but anyway...
I bought that jacked like 5 y ago or something and am still wearing it, summer/fall/winter/spring and it's still holding :embarrassed:
Even tho the jacket is now so old and I've used it at least 360 days per year since I got it, I'm actually extremely satisfied with how little wear down it it.

Am now desperately looking to get 1 extra as backup if ever something happens to current one.

Anyone have one (medium) laying around and not being used ? Or know where to find one?

Back