Grand Theft Auto 3: Record Book

• Thread starter Blake
  • 388 comments
Dodo Flight -- 21 Seconds. (Pic included in case you needed, but it's in the briefing because I missed the proper screenshot and the record in my downloaded Save Game is 37 or something.)

Attachments

• Dodo Flight.JPG
    Dodo Flight.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 10
Updated--

And he fills the fifth spot. I'll put some records together once I get my game back.

@Jimmy Please come tommorow morning, not afternoon.

[Off Topic] Blake -- Patrick gives it back tomorrow at school, so I can't give 'til afternoon. Only Play Disc. Why do you need it so bad? [OffTopic]

I started a new game 2 days ago and I'm going to try to make it through to 100% before San Andreas comes out so I've got some records to post:

Insane jump flips - 2
Insane jump rotation - 898 (I found a very good place in St. Marks for rotations)
Diablo Destruction - 11
Mafia Massacre - 13

KM.

Attachments

• RecordBook.jpg
    RecordBook.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 6
Blake, how on earth is your criminal rating so high?

You've only got 143 days played and less than 4000 kills, but 80,000 CR points? Hell No has 150,000 kills and just less than 2000 days played so he's played it more than 10 times as much as you but has only half your criminal rating. What did you do to raise it so high?

KM.

KieranMurphy
I started a new game 2 days ago and I'm going to try to make it through to 100% before San Andreas comes out so I've got some records to post:

Insane jump flips - 2
Insane jump rotation - 898 (I found a very good place in St. Marks for rotations)
Diablo Destruction - 11
Mafia Massacre - 13

KM.

Did you check for the purple nines glitch before you started???

I read about a way to check for it on another forum (or here I can't remember).

First, the discussion was pretty sure it was caused by starting a new game with 100% game already loaded.

You can check for it by saving your new game after you start it, and jumping over to staunton island via the broken bridger girders that goes down to the waterand then on to SSV (since its not blocked when you start a new game). Or you can use the spawn tank cheat and dodo cheat to fly over there and see if the purple nines are there. If so, you are ok-- just reload your save (or restart if you are concerned about having the cheats on from a reload).

Also, why haven't you beat my tourismo time yet??? I figured you would have beaten that long ago (considering your knack for GTA races).

Spuds

Spuds725
Did you check for the purple nines glitch before you started???

Also, why haven't you beat my tourismo time yet??? I figured you would have beaten that long ago (considering your knack for GTA races).

Spuds

I didn't know you could check for the glitch. But I'm well into the game now so I'll just keep going. I've done everything on Portland. I'll keep doing missions on Staunton Island until I unlock Shoreside Vale and then check to see.

I haven't tried Turismo more than a few times. I have a save game though from just before I finished on Portland so I'm planning to go back and practice it a few times. Learn the course off and try to get some good times. I think 126 seconds was Coognut's time posted over on Neoseeker so that's the target.

KM.

KieranMurphy
I didn't know you could check for the glitch. But I'm well into the game now so I'll just keep going. I've done everything on Portland. I'll keep doing missions on Staunton Island until I unlock Shoreside Vale and then check to see.

I haven't tried Turismo more than a few times. I have a save game though from just before I finished on Portland so I'm planning to go back and practice it a few times. Learn the course off and try to get some good times. I think 126 seconds was Coognut's time posted over on Neoseeker so that's the target.

KM.

He's about the best-- so I guess that would be the time to beat. Has he returned--he kind of disapeared from that board (like Acidman here).

I haven't really done tourismo again since I got the #1 record and only did it a few times--I'm sure I can knock off a fair amount. I used my 100% game with a Bullet proof cheetah. I'm thinking a stinger might be the best car for that race-- I'd have to start a game and open up staunton Island to race with it now (since the mafia would make short work of it). I guess I have a reason to start a new game now.

I stopped going over there (neoseeker) a few months ago--too many newbies and I kept picking up spyware which I'm pretty sure came from that sites popups (which were rediculous at times).

[off topic] I know KM has played Simpsons: Hit and run but anyone who has played this can answer. How the F^ck are you supposed to pass the final mission. I can't even get close to the school from the power plant in 60 seconds (I keep wrecking and blowing up my radioactive stuff). I think I know all the short cuts but I can rarely get past the cemetary-- and the traffic is horrible. Any suggestions [/off topic]

Spuds725
He's about the best-- so I guess that would be the time to beat. Has he returned--he kind of disapeared from that board (like Acidman here).
Since you linked to his racer club thread a while ago, he's been my watermark for race times. I haven't bothered posting at Neoseeker in months becuase the board is so full of clueless newbies posting worthless **** not worth commenting on.

I haven't really done tourismo again since I got the #1 record and only did it a few times--I'm sure I can knock off a fair amount. I used my 100% game with a Bullet proof cheetah. I'm thinking a stinger might be the best car for that race-- I'd have to start a game and open up staunton Island to race with it now (since the mafia would make short work of it). I guess I have a reason to start a new game now.
The only reason I'm bothering to start a new game and to post records is because of this record book. It gives me a good reason to beat records and to have a bookmark for records.

I stopped going over there (neoseeker) a few months ago--too many newbies and I kept picking up spyware which I'm pretty sure came from that sites popups (which were rediculous at times).

I stopped going to Neoseeker because for every 10 posts worth reading there were 1000 posts from newbies and assholes posting worthless bull****. I think my last post there was a post offering to reopen the Racer Club thread but I didn't bother because of the pile of **** I'd have to read through to make it worthwhile. I like this message board because it's got a small hardcore of knowledgable nerds like you and me.

[off topic] I know KM has played Simpsons: Hit and run but anyone who has played this can answer. How the F^ck are you supposed to pass the final mission. I can't even get close to the school from the power plant in 60 seconds (I keep wrecking and blowing up my radioactive stuff). I think I know all the short cuts but I can rarely get past the cemetary-- and the traffic is horrible. Any suggestions [/off topic]
You haven't got 100% in Hit and Run yet? I know how you feel. I did that mission a few times and decided it was impossible.

Hint: When you get to a certain point in that mission, you'll get a new objective and a new timestamp.

I thought that mission was impossible. I mean, how can anyone possibly make it from the powerplant to the school in that time? Answer: You can't, but if you do the mission a few times, you'll realise that you don't have to. You onnly have to make it to a certain place before you'll get a new mission.

KM.

Updated--

Grr, I'm angry, I went on a rampage this afternoon, killed 800 people, blew up 4000 cars, and then I died. I didn't want to have more deaths on my record so I didn't save :(

[offtopic]Is Hit and Run Worth getting or is it justa bit of fun, I suppose I wouldn't get it anyway 'cause of all the other games comming out this year, but I'm just curious.[/offtopic]

Blake -- Who cares about the deaths, you already have that record here, so why worry? Also, I've played a bit of Hit and Run, it's fun, but (IMO) gets old after a while. If I actually get this new graphics card this weekend, I might be trying a few records, especially some of the racing ones.

[Off Topic]KM and Spuds -- I stopped on NeoSeeker a while ago. I went on holidays to New Zealand, and when I got back, I came here and never went back to NeoSeeker. I promised THEM a GTA 3 Record Book! :lol: I also think I picked up SpyWare from NS, and it won't delete off my comp...But it's not doing any harm.[Off Topic]

Blake
Updated--

[offtopic]Is Hit and Run Worth getting or is it justa bit of fun, I suppose I wouldn't get it anyway 'cause of all the other games comming out this year, but I'm just curious.[/offtopic]

[off topic]
Its ok, but the missions are relatively repetitive, as are the levels-- there are 3 basic maps, but 7 levels. 1, 4, & 7 are basically the same (although they modified 7 quite a bit-- think simpsons Halloween Specials). 2 & 5 are the same. 3 & 6 are the same. The gags are almost the same for the maps that repeat.

If you are a simpsons fan, I'd play it. I picked it up off of ebay used for about $30 (US) with another game; simpsons: roadrage-- pretty lame.

Its not a game you would really want to repeat so if you can rent it or borrow it for a few weeks you might want to play it but I wouldn't spend too much money on it-- I don't know if I'll keep it after I finish it (my kid might want to play it in a couple more years--he will be 2 in a few weeks (not quite ready for it).

I do have 100% on levels 1 to 5. I just need to buy some clothes and cars on levels 6 & 7 and I'm short on cash (at least $1000 probably alot more). If you can suggest any of the "gambling" races to do to make some money--I'm all ears. I don't like them because they are kind of long and tough to do--but I haven't tried any for a while and I've unlocked/bought some pretty good vehicles.

Thanks for the tip KM, I've been driving like a bat out of hell trying to get to the school and keep wrecking-- I guess I need to slow down a bit. I'm pretty sure I got past the quickie mart at least once-- I'll have to try it again and see what happens--- grandpas car dialogue is driving me crazy-- "...we had to say diggity, cause the Kaiser had stolen are word 20..." :crazy:

Sorry to take this off topic.
[/off topic]

KieranMurphy
I like this message board because it's got a small hardcore of knowledgable nerds like you and me.

We're not nerds, Nerds are smart. --- Milhous

[Off Topic]

Spuds
I don't know if I'll keep it after I finish it (my kid might want to play it in a couple more years--he will be 2 in a few weeks (not quite ready for it).
Are you gonna be one of those Dads that hogs all the Video Games and only lets their sons play when they've finished?[Off Topic]

Also, KM, what are the best races that can be repeated? I'd like to try some of your records later on...

Jimmy Enslashay
[Off Topic]I also think I picked up SpyWare from NS, and it won't delete off my comp...But it's not doing any harm.[/i][Off Topic]

Download, install and run both AdAware and Spybot - Search and Destroy. They're free and really good at picking up and deleting spyware and adware off your PC.

And if you're using Internet Explorer then don't. It's notorious for allowing spyware, adware, viruses etc. onto your machine. I've been using Mozilla Firefox for a few months now and I get almost no annoying popup ads and I haven't had any symptoms of spyware or adware since. Before I changed over to Firefox I had to run a full system scan using AdAware and Spybot to clean out my system because the amount of popups, home page being changed, pages being redirected etc.

KM.

Blake
Updated--

Grr, I'm angry, I went on a rampage this afternoon, killed 800 people, blew up 4000 cars, and then I died. I didn't want to have more deaths on my record so I didn't save :(

Are those figures right? How did you blow up 4000 cars but only kill 800 people? Were they parked cars?

KM.

Yeah I'm going to do that, but I'm one lazy MoFo. It's not doing any harm at the moment, the files seem pretty much fine, but Norton detects them as potential threats/harm. I'll get around to it, thanks anyway. 👍

I unlocked Shoreside Vale and tried D-Ice's first mission and......

...the goddamned Purple Nines glitch hit me again.

So no 100% for me.

KM.

KieranMurphy
Are those figures right? How did you blow up 4000 cars but only kill 800 people? Were they parked cars?

KM.
I was going off the figures in this record book, it turns out I didn't destroy that many cars. Plus I did another rampage this morning and when I was destroying cars I'm sure my kills weren't going up that fast, maybe I just wasn't noticing but it just seemed strange.

People wasted - 5466
people wasted by others - 828
cars exploded - 6965
gang members wasted - 982
criminals wasted - 224
helicopters destroyed - 51

untitled532.jpg

Updated--

Jimmy Enslshay
Blake -- Who cares about the deaths, you already have that record here, so why worry?

What, I'm way off highest deaths :ill:

Blake -- I didn't say that, but the stat is still in the record book so who cares.

KeiranMurphy
the goddamned Purple Nines glitch hit me again.
I don't know what it is, but I've never gotten that glitch, nor heard anyone over here get it...I know one thing, I sure as hell don't want it.

[Off Topic]I finally got my graphics card, it's a GeForce FX5200. Also, got a nice 16X (yes that's right, 16X, DVD Burner! I'm a happy child right now![Off Topic]

Jimmy Enslashay
Blake I don't know what it is, but I've never gotten that glitch, nor heard anyone over here get it...I know one thing, I sure as hell don't want it.
Sometimes when you make it to Shoreside Vale, the Purple Nines are nowhere to be seen so you can't complete D-Ice's missions and you can't get 100%. Apparently it's caused by finishing the game and then starting again. After you've finished the game, the Purple Nines are gone because the Red Jacks won the gang war in Wichita Gardens. There's a bug in the game so if you then start a new game, for some reason the game still thinks the Purple Nines are gone. Apparently you have to delete any game files from your memory card which have completed D-Ice's missions before starting a new game and it's recommended to then save a game after the very first mission so you'll always have a clean new game with no Purple Nines glitch.

[Off Topic]I finally got my graphics card, it's a GeForce FX5200. Also, got a nice 16X (yes that's right, 16X, DVD Burner! I'm a happy child right now![Off Topic]
I bought myself a 128Mb GeForceFX 5600 today to replace my old 64Mb GeForce MX 440.

KM.

You don't have to delete the saves. Just start the game without the memory card installed (so it doesn't automatically load a game without the purple nines). After the game starts, insert your card to save it--- you can check for it by sneaking over or flying over using spawn tank cheat and dodo cheat and see if they are over in SSV.

To be safe I wouldn't load up any save file other then your new one until you get those missions done.

I did start a new game so I can open up staunton Island and do "tourismo" with a fast car (besides the banshee or cheetah)-- hopefully the stinger or infernus will help me knock some time off it-- I'm only a few missions away from opening it up.

Spuds725
You don't have to delete the saves. Just start the game without the memory card installed (so it doesn't automatically load a game without the purple nines). After the game starts, insert your card to save it--- you can check for it by sneaking over or flying over using spawn tank cheat and dodo cheat and see if they are over in SSV.

Ah, I didn't know that. I did a bit of googling and the sites I came across said you'd have to delete files to fix the problem.

KM.

Don't do it just because I said to. Its just what I read...but to me it seems like it should work. I'd fly over and check before I got too far in a new game if I was you (if your goal is 100%)

KM -- I know what the glitch is, but I'm saying I've never had it. It's quite easy to fix on PC, not sure about PS2 though.

Also, can you recommend any good repeatable races for me to have a go at your records?

You said you don't know what it is;)

Try tourismo, that's a pretty long race:D. If the one on the 2nd island is repeatable I'll do that (I love that race)

Latest Posts

Back