GRID AS Bug tracker

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 122 comments
You're right, better post a video then
prof.gif

Okay. đź‘Ť

I just had a moment with slow AI. I'm doing a Cat-A Touring championship on hard, and managed to get 6th at Indianapolis and 3rd at Autosport Infield. But then at COTA National Reverse, I was suddenly two seconds quicker in qualifying, and set a fastest lap that was two seconds quicker than my qualifying time (but the AI kept up with me throughout the race).

Regarding the corrupted save files, this is a useful tip from someone on the codies forum:

It's possible to by pass this savefile corruption by selling the cars which have an insane value, for example: if your Peugeot 408 SCB costed 150,000$ when you bought it and now somehow it sells for 4,000,000$, imediatly sell it.

Another suggestion is:

1. Avoid upgrading and tuning your cars during a lobby, do that ONLY in your garage.
  2. If you play racenet challenges, avoid using your own car during an event, it can corrupt your savefile so just use the loan car.
I managed to get an old backup before my savefile corruption, I followed this exact steps and now have been playing for over 2 weeks without any issue.

It seems the corrupted file is triggered with tweaking or using your own online cars, so avoid those at the moment. A patch is on the way hopefully for this week still, this has been confirmed by codemasters (click on link):
GTPlanet Racing (GRID Autosport Club)

And this seems like the workaround for the corrupted save file bug, but you'll need to use your backup save file and do the following:

ok, i had save file corruption went back to an old save 3 times and every time it re-corrupted.
went back to the same back up save file tonight and looked through my garage, the cars affected all seemed to show 13/18 upgrades even though they should be 18/18, these cars had really odd values in the sell car section ie my formula b showed $1.4 million. where as my cruze touring car showed $5. i sold all the cars with an unusual value or 13/18 upgrades.

after the game saved i reloaded it and NO corruption, did 2 races online with my original vw golf, reloaded game and no corruption. i hope its not a fluke, i re bought the cars (all new), reloaded game, no corruption and all cars have the expected value.
so basically go back to an old save, sell all cars in ur garage that u think may be affected. buy new ones and happy gaming.

i spent 3 days trying to get this game save working. ive just got everything crossed that this is a permanent fix untill the patch arrives.

i hope this helps others as i know there are a lot of people out there who r as frustrated as i am.

Link to this post here:
http://www.playstationtrophies.org/...241689-possible-fix-save-file-corruption.html

Last edited:
Sorry for the double post but i wanted to bump this.
Seems the patch has arrived? Someone on the codies forum just said he got an update.

I was doing a drift event in career mode at Brands Hatch (reversed) and decided to restart the semi-finals because I messed up my second run badly. When I restarted, both me and and my opponent started at the same time, although only my name showed up in the top left and he boosted far ahead of me. As for the second run, everything seemed fine and when I've finished the run, it showed me as the winner. However, when proceeding, I've apperently lost. Restarted the semi-finals twice and the very same thing happened.

Quitting and restarting the game fixed it though. I also had to repeat the aforementioned when doing the finals and restarting during the second run.

scratch_one-s_head.gif

Sorry for the double post but i wanted to bump this.
Seems the patch has arrived? Someone on the codies forum just said he got an update.
The patch for the PC has been out for a few days. As for consoles, nothing here.

Last edited:
I was doing a GT1 Endurance race at Spa the other day and came flying out of Eau Rouge. There, right in front of me, was a stricken car, and I had no way of avoiding it. I braced myself for impact, but I drove straight through the car without a problem.

Last night while doing the drift event in the Racenet challenge using the Mazda Rx7, all engine sounds from both my car and the AI's car disappeared. The only sound that was present was the tire noise and the sound of the crowd. Restarting the event would not fix the problem. I had to reboot my PS3 and all has been well since.

Console patch coming soon:

Console - Date TBC [Currently with Sony / Microsoft in final stages of submission]

• Feature Addition – Time Trial mode implemented for GRID Autosport.
  • Save Game Fix - Resolved several issues which potentially would have caused player saves becoming corrupt during prolonged playtime.
  • Feature Addition – “Current race timer” added to multiplayer lobbies, allowing new entrants (who are waiting within the lobby for the current race to complete) to gauge the progress of the current event.
  • Online Fix - (DLC) - Fixes specifically to improve future DLC cross compatibility within online matches.
  • Career Fix - (Audio) - Fix to prevent music from cutting off entirely within the race results screens.
  • AI Fix - (Drift) – AI could potentially control player car after terminal damage in two-part drift events.
  • RaceNet Fix - Fixed instances of RaceNet profile switching leading to Club Tags & liveries being mismatched in game.
  • RaceNet Fix - Fixed issue which caused the RaceNet Challenge Medal objectives to be too easily attained.
  • AI Fix – Resolved sporadic instances of AI being given lap times before actually completing the lap.
  • AI Fix – Fixed an issue which could make AI players within Demolition Derby events impervious to receiving terminal damage from the player’s car.
  • RaceNet Fix - Removed instances where ghost entrants could appear within RaceNet Challenge Events.
  • Splitscreen Fix - Fixed issue in relation to being able to generate playlist events which contain DLC content.
  • Career Fix - Resolved irregular instances of “Previous Race Results” grid orders being incorrect for the first race within a championship.
  • Online Fix - (Playlists) -Added “number of laps” to the online track vote screen.
  • Online Fix - Fixed messaging issue to inform a player they have been promoted to Lobby Host.
  • Online Fix - (Customisation) - Resolved instances of customised wheels not appearing correctly for certain vehicle types.
  • Online Fix - (Results) - Resolved erratic instances of retired players not being labelled correctly in the live race results screen.
  • Online Fix - (Playlist) – Fixed sporadic instances of players transitioning from Endurance to a Race/Time Attack mode then receiving an incorrect UI menu on the voting screen.
  • Stability Improvement - Dallara Indycar – Fixed sporadic crashes when loading into events using the Indycar.
  • Online Fix – Amended incorrect reference to 'downloadable content' used on when purchasing DLC.
  • Splitscreen Fix - Text strings updated in event rules screen for all disciplines.
  • Stability Improvement - Fixed instances of the game entering an unresponsive state after uplink removal whilst completing RaceNet Challenge events.
  • Stability Improvement - Fixed stability issues when host disconnects during rolling start events.
  • Stability Improvement - Fixed issues when booting the game with 2 or more pads active, the game giving all control to the "highest numbered" pad.
  • RaceNet Fix - RaceNet Club names now use verified strings within the online newsfeed and loading screens.
  • Online Fix - Unavailable tracks are no longer searchable via the online custom search filters.
  • Online Fix - Fixed instances of total online winnings displaying incorrectly.
  • Stability Improvement - Fixed instances when title loses functionality when controller is disconnected during inviting a friend to join game play.
  • Online Fix - Fixed matchmaking issues when players are unable to find a session after initial host left by powering down their console.
  • Stability Improvement - Remedied instances where players are given a prolonged black screen when entering spectator mode.
  • Online Fix - Fixed sporadic instances of the “Cancel” button on the YouTube upload screen failing to function.
  • Splitscreen Fix - Updated drift event rules screen.
  • Career Fix - (GRID Series) - Remedied instances of the player not being given completed objective rewards.
  • AI Fix - (Drift) - Fixed several instances where the AI in your heat always earns a score much higher or lower than the AI in every other heat.
  • Career Fix - Fixed a tuning error when using the s2000 with certain teams in the first season of tuner.
  • AI Fix - (Spa) - Resolved issues with multiple cars across various classes crashing into RHS wall at Eau Rouge chicane (turn 3).
  • Art Fix - (Washington) - Fixed blank billboards/flags around track spillage areas where sponsors should have been displayed.
  • Splitscreen Fix - (OSD) - Fixed instances where the starting sequence countdown for drift is displayed on the wrong screen, with incorrect timing for one player.
  • Splitscreen Fix - Fixed issue in relation to there being no AI present when racing in splitscreen playlist events.
  • AI Fix - (Touring) - Resolved instances of AI cars not moving off the starting grid at Mount Panorama.
  • Online Fix - Buying a car immediately after purchasing a garage slot could cause the car names to be misaligned or missing.
  • Online Fix - Users were in certain instances unable to "View Vehicle" within vehicle store until first viewing an owned car in a custom livery.
  • Online Fix - (Eliminator) - Resolved issues related to players who terminally damage will be placed first on the results screen.
  • Online Fix - Fixed instances of players switching from party mode to another vehicle discipline then having upgrade stats removed from a player's owned car.
  • Career Fix - Using a flashback whilst corner cutting could result in the lap counter not incrementing.
  • Online Fix - Resolved sporadic instances of upgrading an owned vehicle also upgrading the loan version.
  • Online Fix - Fixed some instances of vehicle models not correctly loading for party mode vehicle classes that have multiple vehicles.
  • Online Fix - Fixed select tooltip persisting on screen during online sessions if the user is on the confirm repair screen as the pre-race timer expires.
  • RaceNet Fix – Resolved issues related to the “best lap time” ghost car using a default livery rather than the player’s custom livery.
  • Online Fix - Fixed instances of viewing another players stats causing the user to receive the wrong race winnings.
  • RaceNet Fix - Players are told they are 'Signing out of RaceNet' when returning to the Press Start screen after purchasing DLC.
  • Career Fix - (Street) - Some players were not awarded the team target bonus for Cup objectives when driving for Ravenwest.
  • AI Fix - (Drift) - Very easy AI in quarter and semi final heats will always have medium level difficulty scores.
  • Career Fix - (Drift) - Fixed sporadic instances of "Drive X km in a Drift event" sponsor objective giving an impossibly high figure.
  • Feature Addition – Support implemented for additional DLC including a “Sprint” pack (with additional game mode) and a “Touring Car” pack.
  • Miscellaneous additional bug fixes

"Update on the console patches.

Microsoft found an issue late last night which resulted in corrupt saves (different method, same outcome). As such we've had to pull the patches or we'd be back at square one, we would have fixed one thing only for another to take its place. Despite the PlayStation patch passing we've also pulled it from submission due to the bug also being present in it.

We are currently in the process of creating a fix for this issue and the patches will once again go back into submission later today / tomorrow. We expect these patches to speed through the early stages of submission and pick up where they left off, as a result we're expecting them to go live by the end of next week.

Appreciate this isn't the news you want to see, and it's not the news you deserve to read, for that I can only apologise. Given the nature of the issues that were found the last thing we want to do was make matters worse. The issue at hand was incredibly difficult to spot (hence why neither us or Sony saw it) but we have no option other than to fix it.

This fix will also go into an upcoming PC patch which is currently being tested by our own QA team and will be released as soon as it has passed all internal checks."

639.gif

This corrupt saves is keeping me away from playing Grid Autosport:banghead:
My save is fine and I have not experienced the bug (holding thumbs), it just keeps me from popping the disc into my PS3. Safer off playing GT6 for now until this is fixed. Hopefully soon....

GAS = Geez, Agonizing Skeleton

:lol:

GRID AS = Glitchy Racer In Development, Alpha Stage ;)

Seriously this whole thing is a complete joke. It has been 3 weeks since my save got corrupted. Probably more than a month for some other people. I don't believe patch approvals take that long. PD can release hotfixes a day after a bug is found with the main update. Either CM is not pushing hard enough or they don't care. Probably both.

Even when this is fixed I feel like I don't have the enthusiasm to play the game anymore. Yawn.

GRID AS = Glitchy Racer In Development, Alpha Stage ;)

Seriously this whole thing is a complete joke. It has been 3 weeks since my save got corrupted. Probably more than a month for some other people. I don't believe patch approvals take that long. PD can release hotfixes a day after a bug is found with the main update. Either CM is not pushing hard enough or they don't care. Probably both.

Even when this is fixed I feel like I don't have the enthusiasm to play the game anymore. Yawn.
I've been going on the codies forum saying the same lately; their Q&A before release should improve urgently but on the other hand i do understand that once you have all these bugs popping up all of a sudden, the investigation, fix, production delivery phases are quite complicated and it takes time to arrange it all.

We should just realize that once these gremlins are finally adressed, GRID AS is still the best and most entertaining racing game there is on consoles and you wouldn't want to miss out on that experience.

I'm willing to overlook the screw up with the bugs because of that.

I understand it can be complicated, and I don't work in the industry so I have no idea of timeframes, but CM is an old developer and they have all the expertise needed to fix this thing quickly. They could push to release the gamesave corrupt patch first and leave the rest for a bigger patch later. It's not just the first time that this has happened too, so you thought they would have paid extra attention to it pre-release. Not only they failed to do that, they still has the cheek to release recycled content as DLC in the meantime.

We're not talking about little bugs either, you can't play the game at all as a result of it. How would you feel if you buy a car and it failed to start after a certain amount of driving, and you have to buy a new one (analogous to restarting the game from scratch)? You would sue the company for sure. It's only because CM makes games and not a cars that they can get away with these shenanigans repeatedly.

Sure GAS is great for racing, but ultimately it's not worth it because the attitude of the developers sickens me. And I've been giving them multiple chances to redeem themselves. Again and again they failed. The F1 games, Grid 2 and now GAS. There is zero improvement in respect towards the customer's money. After GAS I will NEVER buy another CM product again. I can still play Grid 1 if I want a great racing experience. Now that's a game that actually works from Day 1 with no hiccups whatsoever.

Last edited:
I can understand @LeGeNd-1 's frustration, but I still think CM are doing the best they can to please their fanbase, at least in terms of the content provided. Decent racing games which are not full-on simulations are really hard to come by nowadays and what Codies produce fills that void in the market.

The fact that they release games with bugs that should have been discovered in the testing stages is irritating, no doubt. I just hope moving on to 8th generation consoles will be a turning point for releasing games which are actually ready for the mass market. My patience is also wearing thin, but I'll give them one more chance to prove themselves.

I'd also like to give them another chance, but I feel like the whole gaming industry isn't what it used to be. Too many games stray from their original vision, got released riddled with bugs, and DLCs are abused as money making schemes instead of enhancing gameplay. Maybe I'm seeing through rose tinted glasses here, but in the PS1 days games just work out of the box, everything is already on it and you have loads of fun playing it for years. These days it's just a source of frustration of things not working or trying to justify whether the latest DLC is worth it or not. And if you're not having fun then it defeats the whole purpose. I've been racing virtually for 16 years now, but it's probably time I take a break from gaming :indiff:

Anyone else having audio issues post-patch? Occassionally, I still encounter the engine sound getting muted mid-race.

Anyone else having audio issues post-patch? Occassionally, I still encounter the engine sound getting muted mid-race.

I had a few instances where the menu music goes haywire. It would cut in and out and have some static in the background. I checked all my cable connections and they're fine. Other games and TV are fine so it's not my PS3 either. I had something similar happen in Grid 2 as well but it wasn't this bad. Usually going into a race and quitting removes the problem. Nothing major, but very annoying.

Well, it is at least reassuring that I'm not alone in this. Haven't seen any complaints regarding audio issues (post-patch) on the official CM forums though.

I'm not sure it it's a glitch, but I've been doing a Formula B championship, and the AI has suddenly decided to start making kamikaze runs at me while racing at Autosport GP. Especially through the first two corners - if you're off the racing line and/or at less than full throttle, they just drive straight into you.

Back