Grid Autosport (General Discussion)

Vote for the name of Team Gtplanet

• Total voters
The Merc C63 was in some screenshots so it's pretty much confirmed. The MP4-12C as well. The Dallara, I think, was in a gameplay video.

Can't really tell, but I seem to see a Cadillac CTS.

wicken said

Unless i'm mistaken, Spa and Bathurst are already granted since both of them have been in Grid 2.

I think all of those tracks apart from Suzuka and Brands Hatch and Silverstone were in Grid 1 (Bathurst was DLC I think)

Thanks for the info fellas, never went for the previous Grid games.

Looks like there will be something for everyone in this game.

Hope it turns out as good as it looks, sounds and promises. Will definitely be a pre order from this sim racer!

Was going to get a PS4 as soon as pCars was released in November, but now there is no rush, gives me more time to enjoy my PS3 and get my sim racing fix and for me to look at my options of going next gen console or PC...thank you CM and Grid Autosport!

Haven't been paying attention and just caught wind of this.

You know what I like? That Codies admitted to messing up! I'll keep an eye on Grid Autosports for sure. But if nothing else, kudos to them for admitting that much. Lots of companies wouldn't even bother to say as much.

So, thanks for the heads-up 👍

Haven't been paying attention and just caught wind of this.

You know what I like? That Codies admitted to messing up! I'll keep an eye on Grid Autosports for sure. But if nothing else, kudos to them for admitting that much. Lots of companies wouldn't even bother to say as much.

So, thanks for the heads-up 👍

Just the fact that CM admitted that they got it wrong, that they listened to their fans and have tried to give 'em what they've asked for' is enough for me to want to take a gamble and give them my money for a pre order.

So far, from what I've seen and read, I don't think I'm going to be too disappointed.

Can't wait to start a touring car career!

Last edited:
Damage, Tyre wear & Fuel deplation...Amazing! No pits....WHAT?

Pointless have those things in the game if your not putting in pits.

Alright codemasters you have my attention I am interested. Please no more game breaking bugs though. Nothing infuriates a customer more when they pay for something and it doesn't work as intended.

Please no more game breaking bugs though. Nothing infuriates a customer more when they pay for something and it doesn't work as intended.
Every game has bugs. Beta testing is supposed to pick them up, of course, but they usually come about as a result of some highly specific conditions being met, and you cannot reasonably expect every single scenario to be thought of in advance. And patches for bugs can sometimes lead to further glitches.

This looks like Grid 1 with a few Grid 2 cars and track thrown in. Physics and the colour palette seems to have been improved over Grid 1, and that's about it. Besides the Audi Touring Car, Super GT GT-R and Sepang I haven't seen any new assets that's not recycled from Grid1/2. Maybe they will release some more screenshots over the coming weeks, but it would've made more sense to release the new stuff first to build up hype.

I'm gonna keep an eye on this, but if there's no major breakthrough I'll pass. I'm also quite wary of the dev time; it's only been 1 year since Grid 2 was released and I doubt they can do much in that space of time. It all seems like EA's copy-paste strategy to me...

This looks like Grid 1 with a few Grid 2 cars and track thrown in. Physics and the colour palette seems to have been improved over Grid 1, and that's about it. Besides the Audi Touring Car, Super GT GT-R and Sepang I haven't seen any new assets that's not recycled from Grid1/2. Maybe they will release some more screenshots over the coming weeks, but it would've made more sense to release the new stuff first to build up hype.

I'm gonna keep an eye on this, but if there's no major breakthrough I'll pass. I'm also quite wary of the dev time; it's only been 1 year since Grid 2 was released and I doubt they can do much in that space of time. It all seems like EA's copy-paste strategy to me...

Eh, a car is a car and a track is a track. Physics are key here, if they take what they had in Grid 2 and make it more realistic, I'm definitely interested... In buying it at a cut price, of course, after I bought Dirt 3 only to discover that a lot of the content was DLC.

Anyway, I did like Grid 2 (except for the pointless story and unskippable cutscenes that explain the concept of racing - yes, I know what a car is, I know I have to finish in front of the other cars to win, thanks game), but PC gamers' options are limited when it comes to GT- or Forza-likes. Hopefully this will fill the gap not quite filled by Shift, Shift 2 or Grid.

This could be a nice little stopgap between GT6 and PS4/PCars. I didn't play any other versions of Grid but for a demo IIRC, so it's all new to me. Hopefully the physics are half decent and there is an active online community. Was there any mention of leaderboards? I'd be up for a GTP Clan for sure!!!:gtpflag:

In this game unlike GRID 2 multiplayer, all cars are available from the start so we can then buy them to get more options (tuning, upgrades etc).

Not had a good experience using my Fanatec on codies games. The last game I had to put in my wheel settings every time I loaded the game and just lost interest.

I was hoping for something nextgen. I hope the new direction isn't blamed for low sales. I question what kind of impact this game can have on PS3/360 at this time. Could be a nice experimental title though.

Eh, a car is a car and a track is a track. Physics are key here, if they take what they had in Grid 2 and make it more realistic, I'm definitely interested... In buying it at a cut price, of course, after I bought Dirt 3 only to discover that a lot of the content was DLC.

That's true. I guess what I'm trying to say is, if there's no significant new content over Grid 1 I won't buy it as I could just pop in my Grid 1 disc and it would be 90% the same experience. The physics improvement is the key like you said, but judging from videos it's only a little different. It's just not worth the full price when it's merely recycled content IMO. But I'll reserve final judgment until gameplay impressions come in.

And yes, Codies has been DLC whoring a lot lately. Coupled with the gamesave corrupt bug in Grid 2 (which took them a month to fix, while they are still rolling out DLCs first) has made me lose a significant chunk of hope in them.

Last edited:
@LeGeNd-1 -- That's true. This had me thinking about popping in the original Grid again.

One of the reasons I enjoyed Dirt 3 is because I waited for the Complete Edition with all of the DLC. When I brought it home, I was reminded I had actually breezed through 50% of the career on a rental when the game was new. The very end of the career took longer to finish off, but still, recent Codemasters games have been thin experiences.

I think Codemasters' problem is the EGO Engine itself. It allows for all this beautiful scenery, making the games a joy to look at, but it comes at the expense of creativity in the actual design. I remember the days of COLIN McRAE RALLY 2.0, where the limitations of the system forced Codies to be clever. There was a stage in Finland that ran around the edge of a lake. The lake itself didn't require much work, and they stuck a forest on the opposite side of the road. The end result was a long, fast stage, where mistakes were punished heavily. Some of the difficult - and most memorable - stages in the game came about because Codemasters had to find ways around the limitations of the system.

That also brings me to the culture of making games that are too easy. For some reason, Codemasters seem to think that if the player cannot win on the first attempt, then they will quickly lose interest. And maybe that is the case in the lower difficulty settings - it suggests a learning curve that is too steep - but racing to the front, spending half a lap there, and then winning the race gets boring quickly. I never won the Rallies of Sweden or Australia in CMR2.0, and I could barely meet the minimum requirements to finish the Rally of Great Britain, but that just made it more fun. I didn't want to throw down my controller in frustration - I wanted to cone back for another round.

I'm thinking this game must have been started quite some time ago, quite possibly even before GRID 2 was released. I can't think of any other reason why they would announce a new game so soon before it's release and also releasing it on old gen. It surely has to be an 'old' game.

I have to wonder if they started this first after GRID but then somewhere a money decision was made to also start on what actually was GRID 2. Now they've finished this game up and putting it out before moving on to a new project, on next gen.

In the article that was posted earlier, it goes on to say GRID Auto came about as a result of the stuff that went wrong with GRID II, after listening to the fans and their reactions. Doubt if it was in development before that.

Everything looks better at 60fps.

Also, do I spy customisable number plates on street cars?

May just be unique to the car's liveries, but that'd be a nice touch to see, particularly when making your own livery.

Yeah.. though I doubt this is going to be a 60 fps game. Seriously doubt it.

No pit stops apparently. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=109056267&postcount=100

Anyways, this game is looking like a day 1 buy for me :D.

That is just plain wierd. How can you have endurance races with tire wear and fuel depletion and no pit stops? A motorsport game they say!

I see the returning cockpit view is still plagued by the thing that (I think) contributed to the 5% usage rate -- the horribly erratic and distracting wheel animation. I would have always used cockpit view in GRID and DIRT if not for that, but I was forced to play from the chase cam instead. The rubbing-is-racing-minded AI also require you to be more aware of your surroundings.

Considering it's for 360 and arriving soon, if this game is at least as good as the first GRID I could see myself picking it up to hold me over until PCARS in November.

Yep, I wasn't overly impressed by the cockpit view. The wheel animation in these games have always thrown me off, and it destroys the sense of immersion and realism. Bumper and hood cam for me in practically all racing games and sims.

wicken said

Unless i'm mistaken, Spa and Bathurst are already granted since both of them have been in Grid 2.

Thanks for the info fellas, never went for the previous Grid games.

Looks like there will be something for everyone in this game.

Hope it turns out as good as it looks, sounds and promises. Will definitely be a pre order from this sim racer!

Was going to get a PS4 as soon as pCars was released in November, but now there is no rush, gives me more time to enjoy my PS3 and get my sim racing fix and for me to look at my options of going next gen console or PC...thank you CM and Grid Autosport!

Err.. it ain't a sim racer. Codies did say it's going to boast more "realism" than GRID II, and it might even lean on the sim side of things, however, it's definitely no sim racer.. judging from the way the cars were moving around in those preview clips. Looks a lot like GRID I and II actually. Codies really need to go back to their TOCA roots, I hope they do.

Back