gt academy stage 2, what will it be?

• Thread starter jakkim
  • 374 comments
Thanks for the replies guys, always good to learn from the people who have the most experience.

Lets hope I get a call or letter soon.

Thanks for the warm welcome also.

The greatest Stage

:ouch: I'm on holiday in the Scottish Highlands from this Saturday, supposedly until Saturday 2nd. It was arranged well before this competition was announced and I've always had a bad feeling there was going to be a clash. Haven't had my phone call yet as I'm just leaving work so I don't know what to do. Whatever, I'm going to miss out somewhere. This might be a test of how many brownie points I've racked up (or more likely owe) with the GF recently. Might be much harder than getting in the top 20 ever was! :nervous::scared:

To those who've had a call - is it ok to take other halves?

They offered a trip for you + 1 guest to the UK champ.'s, I imagine this would be the same, doubt they'd want you travelling a possible 5+ hours and staying in the hotel on your own.

Good luck with the girlfriend situation, Bear, I don't envy you :dopey:

Hi guys just had a phone call and ive got through to the 2nd round. It will take place in London at the British international motor show on the 1st of August. you also get 2 nights at the cumberland hotel. Im getting a pack through the mail so when that arrives i can fill you in with all the details

Nice one 👍 If it was on the 31st of this month I'd come and watch, as that's the day I'm at the motor show!

still waiting in norway aswell... anyone think that the "official" stage 2 date will be 2nd of august? liek, will it be the same date for everyone?

So for the people that made it, how are you explaining to work where you are going for a couple days? "Um, boss? I, uh, play this game on my PS3....called GT5 prologue...see cause the real game comes out in 2025 so they threw us a bone....anyways I won the first round and they are sending me to the semifinals....so can I take a couple days off?"

So for the people that made it, how are you explaining to work where you are going for a couple days? "Um, boss? I, uh, play this game on my PS3....called GT5 prologue...see cause the real game comes out in 2025 so they threw us a bone....anyways I won the first round and they are sending me to the semifinals....so can I take a couple days off?"

:embarrassed: Lol - that's one advantage to my situation, I've already booked the time off so no explaining to do!

Got an e-mail and can confirm that prize is for top 20 qualifier + 1 guest and includes:

Travel to London
Dinner night before final
2 nights in hotel
entry to motor show

Everything is cool with GF as she can attend for free so I'm there!

:cool::cheers:

Hi everyone, i've just received an email and i'm through....about work i'll just take two days holiday i think it's worth it......
Will be a nice experience, see you in there!

:embarrassed: Lol - that's one advantage to my situation, I've already booked the time off so no explaining to do!

Got an e-mail and can confirm that prize is for top 20 qualifier + 1 guest and includes:

Travel to London
Dinner night before final
2 nights in hotel
entry to motor show

Everything is cool with GF as she can attend for free so I'm there!

:cool::cheers:

Good to hear that you're ok! 👍 And nice to hear that it's +1 person, hopefully same here. And kämp would do just fine as the hotel...

Hi all, I was lucky enough to qualify for the dutch finals. Must say the locations and schedule for the different countries are cooler then I expected. Still no news from holland here...

Any more dutch Qualifiers on this forum?

Good to hear that you're ok! 👍 And nice to hear that it's +1 person, hopefully same here. And kämp would do just fine as the hotel...

Heh, no kidding :D

The distance to kämp is about 10km from where I live. I must say though that I don't care how near the hotel is if it's anywhere near the level of the forementioned.

btw - no report of qualification here either at this time.

Solar is here also... From Holland but I didnt got news today so we have to wait longer. I think this is way too late that we hear anything of the organization and Im certinally NOT happy with this since I go on holiday 1st of August. That isnt the biggest problem since Im able to buy an extra ticket to go on later, but I have to know the exact date ASAP so I can book another flight ticket!

Really not happy with this and Im about to call Playstation Netherlands (actually trying now:))

Anyway nice locations for the other countries! Good luck to all of you guys and see you online sometime!

Update: I caled Sony Netherlands and got into talk of some of the online gaming section... They didnt knew nothing yet! Not the location not the date and he couldnt reffer me to another option to go after this... Think we will just have to wait and see but if its going to be revealed during next week I guess I have to skip the National Final which would be sick since I drove an 1:20.6 with my DFP:)

Format for UK National Final - looks like it will be a bit of a lottery - 3 lap time trials followed by head to head racing - hope no fights break out if there's contact - might need Jerry Springer style bouncers :lol::lol::lol:

Edit: Actually, reading it again, don't think it means head to head racing, maybe head to head time trials? Cancel the bouncers...

Round 1 Qualifiers

All 20 contestants will complete the round 1 time trials – they will be required to post 6 lap times on 2 different tracks (3 on each). The best time from each track is taken and combined to give each contestant an overall qualifying time.

8 contestants are knocked out.

12 contestants go through to round 2.

Round 2 Qualifiers

12 contestants will complete the round 2 time trial – they will be required to post 3 lap times on 1 track. The best of the 3 lap times is taken as the qualifying time.

4 contestants are knocked out.

8 contestants go through to round 3.

Round 3 Quarter Final

8 contestants will complete the round 3 time trial – they will be required to post 3 lap times on 1 track. The best of the 3 lap times is taken as the qualifying time.

4 contestants are knocked out.

4 contestants go through to round 4.

Round 4 Semi Final – Head to Head

The remaining 4 players are divided into pairs to begin the semi final head to head races. Each pair will race head to head in a ‘best of 3 laps’ round.

At the end of the semi finals we have our top 2 contestants and 2 runners up.

It is announced that 3 contestants will be going through to complete Silverstone training.

Overall Final – Head to Head

The top 2 contestants will race head to head in a ‘best of 3 laps’ round. Although they will both be going to Silverstone, this round determines 1st and 2nd place.

Runner up Final – Head to Head

The 2 runner ups from the semi finals will race head to head in a ‘best of 3 laps’ round. This is the final round and has the most riding on it – 2 contestants but only 1 more place at Silverstone.

GT ACADEMY NATIONAL FINALS
EVENT AGENDA

10am - Arrive (Sign in and drop bags off etc)

10.30 – Qualifying rounds 1 & 2

12.30 – Lunch

2pm - Quarter Final

2.45pm - Semi Final 1

3pm - Semi Final 2

3.15pm - Overall Final (1st & 2nd Place)

3.30pm - Runner up Final (3rd Place)

3.45pm - Winner presentation, thanks & finish

Solar is here also... From Holland but I didnt got news today so we have to wait longer. I think this is way too late that we hear anything of the organization and Im certinally NOT happy with this since I go on holiday 1st of August. That isnt the biggest problem since Im able to buy an extra ticket to go on later, but I have to know the exact date ASAP so I can book another flight ticket!

Really not happy with this and Im about to call Playstation Netherlands (actually trying now:))

Anyway nice locations for the other countries! Good luck to all of you guys and see you online sometime!

Update: I caled Sony Netherlands and got into talk of some of the online gaming section... They didnt knew nothing yet! Not the location not the date and he couldnt reffer me to another option to go after this... Think we will just have to wait and see but if its going to be revealed during next week I guess I have to skip the National Final which would be sick since I drove an 1:20.6 with my DFP:)

he man,nice to see you finally join gtp...welcome mate:tup:
i read the dutch gtacadamy forum a few times and saw you mentioning this site and wanted to invite you to join us ,but...you allready did so:):)

i totaly agree with you about the long wait...:ouch:
just came home after finally summer has come to our beautifull country and spent the whole day boating thru the amsterdam canals....but thru out the day i whas sure that when arriving home i would have an e-mail telling me/us what will happen but....nothing....
reading you have phoned them and they even don't know nothing makes me a bit worried:nervous:

well,hopefully tomorrow than ...

anyway,whatever happends,see you than and there...wherever that would be ....👍

spyrrari.

Hi all, I was lucky enough to qualify for the dutch finals. Must say the locations and schedule for the different countries are cooler then I expected. Still no news from holland here...

Any more dutch Qualifiers on this forum?

he cliokoning,welcome to this site...👍

hope we will know soon mate,see you soon aslo....:)

spyrrari.

Back