gt academy stage 2, what will it be?

• Thread starter jakkim
  • 374 comments
got my mail 11am this morning but had to work right after I liked the package its really stylish and it looks really professional. Looking forward to the 12th of august to see the full top20 and hopefully I can finish in top 3 (I didnt make top 3 in time trails since Im using DFP... I got 4th place)

I think it will be the DFGT or the DFP which they will use in the finals... It got to be since its all part of Sony/Polyphony and it will raise the sales maybe

The Spanish GT Academy has come to an end.

The three lucky guys are danicl1007, who won the final round, Lucasor, and other guy, I don't know his nickname.

But the organization was really shameful. All time trials held were done in standard mode in arcade > time trial. And the final stage was a head to head split screen battle, in standard mode too.

The three lucky guys are danicl1007, who won the final round, Lucasor, and other guy, I don't know his nickname.

But the organization was really shameful. All time trials held were done in standard mode in arcade > time trial. And the final stage was a head to head split screen battle, in standard mode too.

what??!@!!!!...standard mode????you got to be kidding....:ouch::ouch::ouch:

whats that for a dissapointment ...i thought they where looking for talented drivers???

:grumpy:

spyrrari.

There was a big confusion at the beginning, there were 6 cockpits, the firsts 6 drivers made their laps using professional mode, then, the next 6 switched back to standard mode because the people organizing the event said so, so the first 6 had to do their laps all over again but in standard mode.

I think it was the first time they touched a PS3 with GT5P inside.

Heres a pic of the winners:

DSC00080.jpg

The whole event was filmed with a bunch of HD cameras, so I would expect a GT-TV documentary to come out.

In my not so humble opinion, the level of the guys in the finals was not so high. Some of them were mediocre drivers. Some others maybe didn't have their lucky day.

When I found a free cockpit (i didn't meet the rules so I couldn't participate, I dropped by as a mere spectator and because I know the winner and some other guys), I was able to do some laps with the F40 in Fuji and Pro physics, and one of the top 20 drivers (not gonna say names) couldn't even match my pace, he was more than 10 seconds off my ghost after several tries, then he admitted that it was his cousin that played in Eiger+350z instead of him, at least that's what I understood.

Then I just did some laps in Suzuka with the GT-R in standard mode, and I easily matched the pace of the top guys (the four finalists), and beating by 2 or more seconds the bast majority of the top 20 guys.

In my opinion, 7 weeks is too much for a time trial. Thousands of laps needed. It can happen everything, regular drivers can have a "magical" lap among all of those thousands of laps, or even worst, they just try to mimic the top drivers.

After saying this, I must say that I'm just amazed with the technique of lucasor, I think he's a professional driver or a driving teacher or something, he won the first four time trials with ease, then he destroyed everyone in the karting briefing with the media. He deserves to be in Silverstone, as well as Dani, he's an awesome driver.

2 time trials in the first round, three laps each.

Eiger + 350z + S2 + Standard

Suzuka + 350z + S2 + Standard

1 timetrial in the second round.

Suzuka + GTR + S2 + Standard

And in the Semifinals and final round, head to head split screen battle:

Suzuka + GTR + N3 + Standard + 3 laps.

2 time trials in the first round, three laps each.

Eiger + 350z + S2 + Standard

Suzuka + 350z + S2 + Standard

1 timetrial in the second round.

Suzuka + GTR + S2 + Standard

And in the Semifinals and final round, head to head split screen battle:

Suzuka + GTR + N3 + Standard + 3 laps.

I thought they would have give them more of a challenge like a RWD on N3 tires in pro not 4WD on standard.

There was one spanish guy that posted on the offical forums that they suspected one or more "hired drivers" completed the top 20 times. There may be some truth to it.

Standard physics is for kids. I just tested it on Eiger, and I could not even spin with it. Almost 1,5 sec better lap time, than pro physics after couple laps with both physics.

That standard physics really sucks in finals.

What kind of setup did they have? Bucket seats?
Which steering wheel did they use?

In my not so humble opinion, the level of the guys in the finals was not so high. Some of them were mediocre drivers. Some others maybe didn't have their lucky day.

When I found a free cockpit (i didn't meet the rules so I couldn't participate, I dropped by as a mere spectator and because I know the winner and some other guys), I was able to do some laps with the F40 in Fuji and Pro physics, and one of the top 20 drivers (not gonna say names) couldn't even match my pace, he was more than 10 seconds off my ghost after several tries, then he admitted that it was his cousin that played in Eiger+350z instead of him, at least that's what I understood.

Then I just did some laps in Suzuka with the GT-R in standard mode, and I easily matched the pace of the top guys (the four finalists), and beating by 2 or more seconds the bast majority of the top 20 guys.

In my opinion, 7 weeks is too much for a time trial. Thousands of laps needed. It can happen everything, regular drivers can have a "magical" lap among all of those thousands of laps, or even worst, they just try to mimic the top drivers.

After saying this, I must say that I'm just amazed with the technique of lucasor, I think he's a professional driver or a driving teacher or something, he won the first four time trials with ease, then he destroyed everyone in the karting briefing with the media. He deserves to be in Silverstone, as well as Dani, he's an awesome driver.

dark_ruffo,what do you meen with that he distroyed everyone in the karting briefing with the media??...like a question round or something??

spyrrari.

No, the 20 finalist had some runs in the kart circuit against the media, SCEE staff and so on.

10 minutes warming up, 10 minutes running against the clock, and then, the 12 fastest guys out of the pack had a 15 laps race with a grid start.

DSC00048-1.jpg

DSC00037aaaaaa-1.jpg

Now that I take a look on the dictionary, I guess "briefing" wasn't the right word :yuck:

What kind of setup did they have? Bucket seats?
Which steering wheel did they use?

Recaro Bucket seats, 30 something inches 1080p Bravias and DFGT.

DSC00051.jpg

That's me btw.

@solarsystem,he man,did they realy say in the letter you got,that we only can send back our letter BEFORE the 30 of july????...

spyrrari.

yes spyrrari... why is it a problem? I already filled it in and posted it (I work at TNT post so is easy for me:))

Ps: come online on GT5 Im racing some nice races with F_Laterza you should join us...

whas not home on friday and missed the postman:ouch:
now i only can pick it up on monday....enough time??
should i send it via express??

spyrrari.

(my woman is watching movie on ps3,so....maybe tomorrow.)

Just go to post office... They can assure you it will get on time even if you want next day... Dont be cheeky to pay some euros for it though hehe but then you know for sure that it will be delivered and all... You will be in time I think when you post it monday

send back the letter before 30th of july? i havent even gotten a letter, mail or phonecall, wonder how they expect us to do that in norway =)

as in spain the finals have allready finished,i guess they do one country at the time...so,i guess you have to wait a little longer...

spyrrari.

hopefully ill have to wait untill after 21st of august, as i go on hollidays the 7th. if not, they'll have to move the finals =P

Lol @ ruffo, like karting is allmost like racing on Silverstone, no kart skills needed for that. And why whining on the skills of the top20? They wanted this so bad that they drove 500 laps more then some others but hey, then they deserve to go to Silverstone.

YOU didn;t meet the rules or something like that, don't talk afterwards about the others. They got a place for Silverstone so they deserve it ( got nothing to do with a Ferrari F40 or kartskills )

Edit:

send back the letter before 30th of july? i havent even gotten a letter, mail or phonecall, wonder how they expect us to do that in norway =)

Norway is a little different then Holland so... i think you just have to wait...

/Marco

I just got a phone call from Sony in Norway, stage 2 will be held August 14th at 12:00 in Oslo. They had not yet received the "packages" from Sony Europe so they are going to email the papers to us since they needed them returned ASAP.

Back