GT-R SpecV 09' 1/4 Drag Tune (1/4 time = 9.233)

• Thread starter Crikit11
  • 4 comments
United States
United States
Crikit11
Hello,

This is my first tune I have created, and I will definitely edit this as I become more experienced. Let's get started shall we. First you need to buy a GT-R SpecV 09', do not follow this tune with the Black Edition, for the car will behave differently. The GT-R is perhaps one of the most popular street/drag "supercars" right now, and on GT5 you tend to see them all over the place if you are big on drag racing. Drag racing has become a big part of GT5 and it's quite fun to sit around and show off your cars to others. So without any further ado here we go.

(1)
First make sure you have your GT-R SpecV 09' fully "broken in" meaning you have driven at least 200 miles in it. You can see the distance driven by selecting the car in your garage and looking on the right hand side. The reason you need to do this is so you will get the maximum hp out of the car, which is 868hp.

(2)
Make sure you have purchased all the available upgrades and parts from the tuning menu (AND) the tuning shop, including all of the weight reductions. In GT Auto purchase all of the aero kit pieces except for the wing. I have tested this car many times in the speed test addon with and without the wing, the wing slows you down (with this tune anyway).

Please follow the following instructions very closely, as certain parts are very crucial. By using this tune, please understand this is something I have worked hard on and am freely giving it to the public to use, please give me credit for this.

Recommended
Course : Indy Road Course
Recommended
Transmission : AT

Transmission
Before setting your gears please set your final gear to 3.700, before individually setting the rest.. Also set top speed to the lowest speed before setting the rest of the gears.

1st gear - 4.236
2nd gear - 3.107
3rd gear - 2.618
4th gear - 2.203
5th gear - 1.858
6th gear - 1.576
Final Gear (after setting all of the gears, bring this back to 2.500 and watch your top speed increase)

Drivetrain

Adjustable LSD

Front/Rear

15 Initial Torque 15
40 Acceleration Sensitivity 40
20 Breaking Sensitivity 20

Torque Sensing Center Differential

Front/Rear

45 Front/Rear Torque Split 55

Suspension

Front/Rear

-20 Ride Height -20
(I have tested this with a high rear, and the car is 2 seconds slower, I reccomend low rear.)
20.0 Spring Rate 17.0
6 Dampers (Extension) 6
6 Dampers (Compression) 6
4 Anti-Roll Bars 4

1.4 Camber Angle 1.3
0.00 Toe Angle 0.20

--------------------------------------------------------------------

If you followed by GT-R SpecV 09' Drag Tune Tutorial correctly, then your 1/4 mile drag time should be 9.233 seconds if you time it in speed test. The average time for a 1/4 ranging between the SRT10 Viper, ZR1 Correvette, and the GT-R is around 9.4 seconds. Please leave me comments on what you think and tell me how I can improve this.

Last edited:
Personally, I would have a lower final top speed. Raise the rear all the way, and also increase the rear spring rate all the way. Lose the camber and toe, as you don't need it with a 4wd car.

These are just things I would do though. Keep it up 👍

Personally, I would have a lower final top speed. Raise the rear all the way, and also increase the rear spring rate all the way. Lose the camber and toe, as you don't need it with a 4wd car.

These are just things I would do though. Keep it up 👍
Thank you, I will see what it does without the camber and I will change the gears.

agreed nick

suspension
min/max
max/max
no camber or toe for awd cars
no wing

This car runs at it's best 9.022.

Back