GT Sport - Trailers, Videos and Screenshots

• Thread starter sk8er913
  • 17,667 comments
Frankfurt build.

So what the guy said:

- Sound is great
- Graphics are pretty much unrivaled
- AI is not good
- Physics are more sim than arcade but not as hardcore as PCars2 (BUT he talked about the cars being easy to catch after they break out and had ASR on all the time....) - driving in summary is great
- the game is very fun
- he mentioned there will be rain

So what the guy said:

- Sound is great
- AI is not good
- Physics are more sim than arcade but not as hardcore as PCars2 (BUT he talked about the cars being easy to catch after they break out and had ASR on all the time....) - driving in summary is great
- the game is very fun

Why AI is bad ?

Otherwise, everyone - a part one or two sites not reliable - seems agree on graphics, sound, physics and fun 👍

Jeuxvideo.com...
I've always hated this French video game site ...
"GT has an arcade driving ..."
"I could turn as I wanted ..."
"The game is more arcade than the previous ones .."

The most terrible thing is that players will rely on this kind of advice ...

It's not, it's just that jeuxvideo.com is pro-Forza, always has, always will.

That's quite an opposite to the other sources we found before. I supposed to find more reliable sources knowing this, but my intention is actually just to show how the VR looks like in that video. Also, thanks for the feedback about sites behavior. It is good thing to know.

Last edited:
More arcade than the previous ones? How??? Can anyone who has played the beta give their two cents on whether the beta was more or less realistic than previous GTs?

Of course it is more realistic. Is it more difficult to play? Probably not.

Dont know about realism - i think videogames can try to mimic realism, but there is so many things games have to compensate over the actual thing that it is a representation or virtual realism at the best. That is why the likes of Assetto Corsa are considered "realistic" - they over compensate more thus feel harder and more realistic.

Now GT Sport beta. It is much more accessible than some harder sims. For that reason it feels easier and more "arcadey" if you wish at the beginning. But if you dive in deep you find the nuances in driving techniques and setups that let you push the car harder and be faster. If you think about it, i believe most of us would be able to drive a gt or f1 car around a track with relaxed pace. Pushing the limits is a very different case.

I was happy with the beta. Combination of accessibility and challenge is what GT aims for and they master just that.

Realism doesnt equal hard controls or flamboyant physics. I laughed my ass off watching some trailer of Pcars2 with a pack of cars jumping from crashes and climbing all over each other. Looks very cool - but realistic? I dont think so.

A rambling answer to the question. I hope it does more help than harm..

From TGS live event :

59c7d10181e1e.jpg

59c7d101b1bad.jpg

59c7d11fec8fc.jpg

59c7d11fe3c61.jpg

l_59c7d10194e7f.jpg

l_59c7d10176e4e.jpg

l_59c7d101900a8.jpg

l_59c7d101c82cd.jpg

l_59c7d1018b23f.jpg

l_59c7d101bf62d.jpg

l_59c7d11fe82ad.jpg

l_59c7d11ff0fa0.jpg

l_59c7d1201c8e4.jpg

l_59c7d12005d94.jpg

Last but not least...

l_59c7d12013853.jpg

:D ;)

Source : https://s.famitsu.com/news/201709/25142662.html

Last edited:
from TGS live event

The game looks gorgeous :eek: . Not perfect though, the shadow flicker needs fixing. Is it me or is there better reverb?

The 911 has a quiet sounding engine (which is something I noticed with the Huracan GT3 as well), not final I reckon.

A lot of gif material in that video. The broadcasting is going to be great.

The game looks gorgeous :eek: . Not perfect though, the shadow flicker needs fixing. Is it me or is there better reverb?

The 911 has a quiet sounding engine (which is something I noticed with the Huracan GT3 as well), not final I reckon.

A lot of gif material in that video. The broadcasting is going to be great.

Aside from Suzuka looking great (love this track) the spectator mode isn't showing me much that's new or improved from even the copper box...

Will be super interesting to see how all this pans out, online-wise.

So close to release now!

Of course it is more realistic. Is it more difficult to play? Probably not.
One common trate from journalists who talk about "lack of feel" or being "easy" appears to be them playing with all driving aids on. The first thing you or I would do is go into the settings and turn such things off.......but these are people who review everything from Gran Turismo to Mario to FIFA......so they'll play things as presented.

from TGS live event

At 20:12 tha game is showing diferents physics as the beta. GR3 cars was not loosing the rear this way, the anti spin help was much more stronger. It seems they have nailed it this time , the porsche also is showing some rear end grip lost but it recover his line as soon as the driving input correction is made. It look really great and very fun.

So what the guy said:

- Sound is great
- AI is not good
- the game is very fun
Being easy to catch with a pad is absolutely crucial to the enjoyment level. Assetto Corsa is not bad, with good feel, but PCars was always reliant on you keeping things neet and tidy. Get a wiggle on and you'd be gone. I remember doing lap after lap of the Nordschleife with a pad and roadcars (with sport road tyres), and always feeling in control. Far from the quickest, but that was down to my (lack of) talent, rather than battling with the controller. That's what I've missed this gen - outside of Driveclub - something that works flawlessly with the DS4.

Last edited:
posted?

I see a few new things

That second video towards the end shows VR with more than two cars even though we have been told it's one on one, wondering if VR is still actually under construction for GT Sport and more things will be added over time as long as the system can hold out. I can care less about VR but I know that some folks will really welcome using it in more than some one on one affair, the more modes VR supports in GT Sport the better. I am still going to miss having dynamic weather and time of day in GT, I truly hope that PD works to ensure that the sequel has all of this return and with more bells and whistles, while they also perfect their rating system for online racing. Not long to go now until GT marketing campaign starts to run at full throttle, I don't care about marketing I just want to get online and find my groove.

Official Motortrend instagram posted this pic. Love this car.

I wonder if these are paid promotions?

I know the McLaren story has been posted on various motoring sites as a pure news item, but some of the hashtags used on various Twitter and Instagram accounts look like marketing. Makes me wonder if organisations like Motortrend will be featured in GT Sport as sponsors of tournaments/challenges and decal options in the livery creator. Working together is mutually beneficial for all these automotive companies.

I wonder if these are paid promotions?

I know the McLaren story has been posted on various motoring sites as a pure news item, but some of the hashtags used on various Twitter and Instagram accounts look like marketing. Makes me wonder if organisations like Motortrend will be featured in GT Sport as sponsors of tournaments/challenges and decal options in the livery creator. Working together is mutually beneficial for all these automotive companies.

I honestly don't know much about media advertising, but I think that just pure motor sport news. It sounds interesting if we could have some media sponsors to make tournaments, but that wasn't PD typically. IMO.

Latest Posts

Back