Gt5 bathurst leaked?

• Thread starter dodge2217
  • 1,021 comments
I doubt we'll see this for GT5... but it's nice to know that future GT's will have the Ring, Spa and [hopefully] Bathurst.

And thanks for that video, jjh101. Hope that group is Polyphony...

I doubt we'll see this for GT5... but it's nice to know that future GT's will have the Ring, Spa and [hopefully] Bathurst.

And thanks for that video, jjh101. Hope that group is Polyphony...

Could be Forza though... I think I saw a Turn 10 logo on a shirt...

In the meantime on Forzaplanet site... Breaking news...local rumors suggest Bathurst Circuit scanned for Forza. :D :D :D

just kidding...

He knew that the fanbase would have went ape**** if Spa wasn't added to GT5 at some point. If Kaz really wanted Spa in GT5, he wouldn't have waited to add it so late.

PD worked on 27 different tracks prior to the release of Spa. Most people on this forum would have gladly waited for many of those tracks to be DLC if they could get Spa immediately on-disc. This number shows that Kaz clearly didn't have Spa high on his list of priorities. It was #28 on his list of tracks to render.

Funny cause Spa was one of the tracks rumored to worked on way before GT5 even hit the shelves. If I'm not mistaken, I think it was even before we even knew about the 25 or 26 different tracks logos on the GT website. Maybe the reason why Kaz released Spa first was because it was a priority. That's a thought.💡

I'll see what I can do but the are all Asian do I don't know if they speek english, but I'll see what I can do.

I guess that sums it up lol. Still, If this track is coming to GT, I highly doubt it's going to show up in GT5.

Last edited:
It's about a 3 hour drive, so I'm tempted to go and have a look, but it's hard for me to fit it in at the moment as I have a lot to do before I head to the F1 next weekend, and also there's no guarantee they'll be there when I get there.

I'm going to send the track an e-mail and see if they can shed any extra light on this.

Oh Wow I thought it was only around an hour from outer Sydney.

About bloody time too, I want Bathurst so I can run my SS on it lol

Or 300km if you cover the speed camera with a plastic bag lol

$710 for 30-45km over in NSW

$1915 for 45 and over

Come to think of it I think its actually a lot more than that. I think a friend got done for 12x in a 100 zone and I heard it was $679. A mate got done doing 138 in a 100 zone, I think he said it was over $900 and instant loss of license. I think SA and NSW have the worst speeding fines.

As much as I'd like to see it in GT5, if they save it for GT6, they can have a full line (or at least a Ford, Holden & Nissan) of V8 Supercars as well as A/B-Spec events and/or Special Events, like the NASCAR ones. I'd much prefer gunning it around a technical track than playing "follow the leader" around some lackluster oval track.

It's too late in the game to put out a huge track like this.

Not really. It hasn't been that long since Spa was released. I'm not sure whether you mean the length of Bathurst or its status. Either way, SPA is longer and has hosted many rounds of the world championship.

SPA was also being worked on before the game came out. We just don't know how long before. It was rumored to be one of the tracks for the original GT Academy, which ended up being run on the Indy Road Course instead.

Not really. It hasn't been that long since Spa was released. I'm not sure whether you mean the length of Bathurst or its status. Either way, SPA is longer and has hosted many rounds of the world championship.

I meant it's status and Spa was five months ago now. If Bathurst were ready to go this month then maybe it'd be still worth including it but in 3 or more months the game will be pretty old and tired. What is anyone going to do with the track at this point in GT5s cycle? Online and time trials. As someone else said the track shouldn't be implemented until they can use it's full potential.

Beyond adding tracks via DLC, it would be great if PD can create more course editor themes for us to play with. The current offerings are getting a bit stale.

Beyond adding tracks via DLC, it would be great if PD can create more course editor themes for us to play with. The current offerings are getting a bit stale.

I wish it let you create your own tracks. I would have made tracks similar to Enthusia. :(

Funny cause Spa was one of the tracks rumored to worked on way before GT5 even hit the shelves. If I'm not mistaken, I think it was even before we even knew about the 25 or 26 different tracks logos on the GT website. Maybe the reason why Kaz released Spa first was because it was a priority. That's a thought.💡

It doesn't matter if they worked on it way before they released GT5, because it ultimately wasn't on-disc by the time the game came out. That proves that it wasn't finished within the GT5 release window, which in-turn confirms that it wasn't high on Kaz's list of priorities.

And regarding the quote that I bolded, do you mean released it as the first DLC? How does that show that Spa was a priority for GT5?

That proves that it wasn't finished within the GT5 release window, which in-turn confirms that it wasn't high on Kaz's list of priorities.

Not necessarily. They could have started working on it long before the game was released and just excluded it from the final game since they were not finished with it. Or, they could have had it finished but couldn't include it due to licensing or some other issue.

interpolfan11
It doesn't matter if they worked on it way before they released GT5, because it ultimately wasn't on-disc by the time the game came out. That proves that it wasn't finished within the GT5 release window, which in-turn confirms that it wasn't high on Kaz's list of priorities.

And regarding the quote that I bolded, do you mean released it as the first DLC? How does that show that Spa was a priority for GT5?

Well wasn't gt5 pushed by Sony to get released cause of the wait already? I dare say that is why the gt psp tracks like Detroit etc aren't in the main game.

It's very foggy in Bathurst today do they may not be working on it, but I'll head over and try and have a chat to them with the camera in my pocket or something for the audio

jjh101
It's very foggy in Bathurst today do they may not be working on it, but I'll head over and try and have a chat to them with the camera in my pocket or something for the audio

That's the go! Lol

I wish I still lived up the top, they used to send us all this sort of stuff in writing to let all the residents know what was going on..(in the video look at the sticker in the dash, it's a resident pass from the 2011 Bathurst 12 hour. We moved out just after that)

Oh yeah!! :cheers: If you get around to chatting with 'em, feel free to update us! (Please :))

Hey guys, at the track now and jut spoke with one of the guys taking photos, from my understanding of what he said it is for GT6. I recorded the conversation and uploading it to you tube now.

Hey guys, at the track now and jut spoke with one of the guys taking photos, from my understanding of what he said it is for GT6. I recorded the conversation and uploading it to you tube now.

Goodjob 👍 Nice to know that they in fact are saving it GT6.

Back