Gt5 bathurst leaked?

• Thread starter dodge2217
  • 1,021 comments
You should call back and say " My spa, kart space, bathurst,route x,and other dlc tracks dont work"
Maybe he will confirm Bathurst and tell you the other dlc tracks lol.

I bet most of the posters, who have jumped on the OP, won't be apologising, if Bathurst is a new track.

I doubt it. Currently there is a DLC pack for GRID which has Bathurst in it. He could be talking about that. That's the only Bathurst DLc I know of that's on the store. Meh, we'll see in time.

If they get corrected early, they're more likely to figure it out and comply in the future. Letting a new member ignore the AUP in the name of patience will likely produce users who think the AUP is never enforced, and therefore easy to ignore.

Back on topic, I'd love it if Bathurst would show up, but I agree with the others who have said that a customer service guy at Sony likely would no way of knowing anything like this.

True, however it's the moderators job to correct and warn people about the breaking the AUP, not other members, some of who seem to use it as an excuse to belittle fellow members posts. It's the moderators responsibility so leave it to them to sort it out.

Back on topic in reply to the OP, I see this as nothing but a Sony customer service advisor getting mixed up, although the fact is that any game or DLC to be sold on the PSN store must be submitted well in advance to go through Sony's QA department and ultimately be cleared as suitable for release, I know for a fact that the new Zen Pinball DLC table was submitted to Sony months ago and was actually accidentally released by the US store in December last year despite it's release date being late January 2012, so to say that Sony employees won't know about DLC content well in advance of it's release date is inaccurate and it's the only reason the this story might have some credibility to it. Although I still think it was simply a mistake.

I agree with you 100% mate but the manner in which it is done is where some folks are falling short. Inferring poor education of a new user (and indeed his entire nation) based on 1 of 16 posts is a bit harsh, as is unnecessary sarcasm, & that is what I was referring to 👍

The only members who should be enforcing the AUP are the staff, and anyone else should simply use the report button.

As such any member attacking someone for a AUP violation (actual or perceived) will find the staff taking action against them as well.

I would also suggest that you also refrain from commenting on your perception of the member in questions posting performance, after all you can't see the posts that have been deleted. As such you are in no more of a position to comment on exactly what level of AUP violation has or has not occurred.

Scaff

I know how the Sony CSR on the phone got the tracks confused- Spa, BATHurst. You know, a spa, like a whirlpool or jaccuzi, that's something like a bathtub. He just got his racetracks mixed up with two different but similar things that hold water. He seriously probably has no idea where the tracks are located, he's just trying to remember words that have no meaning to him..

BWX
I know how the Sony CSR on the phone got the tracks confused- Spa, BATHurst. You know, a spa, like a whirlpool or jaccuzi, that's something like a bathtub. He just got his racetracks mixed up with two different but similar things that hold water. He seriously probably has no idea where the tracks are located, he's just trying to remember words that have no meaning to him..

Where as this rumour does not hold water....

I'm assuming that dodge2217 is American? .. So why doesn't someone from America try and see if they could an accidental mention of it?

'I was wondering if you could tell me why this DLC won't work' .. Yadda yadda :P

(I'm in the UK, so can't really phone American customer service :))

Scaff
I would also suggest that you also refrain from commenting on your perception of the member in questions posting performance, after all you can't see the posts that have been deleted. As such you are in no more of a position to comment on exactly what level of AUP violation has or has not occurred.
Scaff

Dude I have every right to opine on anything I like; whether or not it is wise to do so is irrelevant as long as it is in line with the AUP. The member in question has 16 posts and, as you said, I cannot see any deleted posts therefore I can only go by what I see and the evidence suggests a new user; hence my post.

I was trying to promote patience toward new members, I thought that would have been commended by mods :(

On topic; If Bathurst was introduced to the game there would be more than a few posts on any future "How good is Bathurst?!" threads and there'd be a few "I hated Bathurst before but now I love it" posts therein I'd wager.

Last edited:
I don't doubt the OP is just reporting what he heard. But the guy on the phone was Playstation support. There are playstation games out there that have Bathurst in them you know. His previous support call may well have been about that very track. Now someone calls about Spa, easy enough to get confused, and certainly not confirmation that it is coming, unfortunately.

another_jakhole
Exactly. How the hell would a PS support guy know the word "Bathurst"?

AND the OP doesn't sound like he's a penis-head.

Everyone in AUS knows Bathurst. You are born either Ford or Holden and Bathurst is the ring.

Everyone in AUS knows Bathurst. You are born either Ford or Holden and Bathurst is the ring.
Nice, I didn't know. And my bad if it's been posted, but is the OP from Australia?

Either way, I really don't see why he'd be lying. If most of his posts in other threads were useless, I wouldn't be defending him.

Dude I have every right to opine on anything I like; whether or not it is wise to do so is irrelevant as long as it is in line with the AUP. The member in question has 16 posts and, as you said, I cannot see any deleted posts therefore I can only go by what I see and the evidence suggests a new user; hence my post.

I was trying to promote patience toward new members, I thought that would have been commended by mods :(

On topic; If Bathurst was introduced to the game there would be more than a few posts on any future "How good is Bathurst?!" threads and there'd be a few "I hated Bathurst before but now I love it" posts therein I'd wager.

We do condone patience for new members, that however is entirely dependent on the whole nature of the issue and any history attached to it, something that anyone not directly involved (i.e. the member in question and the staff) is unlikely to be fully aware of

Its for that reason we take issue with members getting involved in moderation action.

Its for discussion between the member themselves and the staff, and as you are not in full possession of the whole history any opinion you have on it is both incomplete and counter productive.

To be blunt moderation action is not a topic for public discussion and the AUP does cover it...

AUP
You will, if asked by a representative of the forums, cease posting any content.

...not to mention that two members of staff have addressed the issue and in continuing the discussion you are posting off-topic. Now I strongly advise that you drop the subject, because failing to do so will be an AUP issue.

Scaff

Last edited:
The Op is from Queensland, Australia.

If the Op is right, will the accusers post an apology?
Thanks. And I don't think it's needed, but I do hope they start censoring themselves in the future, regardless, if the OP was lying. It's best to ignore than to KIND OF be verbally abusive.

I have Bathurst in C.A.R.S and i love it. Love to see it in GT5 for sure. Great track and can be possible. It is in the 24hs championship calendar so...everything is possible.

One good that can come from threads of this type is confirmation of interest from players all over the world in the Bathurst track. If it is at all possible , with licencing restrictions and actual data requirements to create the course for GT , we can only hope that Bathurst in on the short list of future track additions by PD. (assuming they take the time to visit this forum and consider its content to be worthy of consideration)

Other than that , its just another big old snowball of speculation and bickering tumbling down a hillside......business as usual.

I have Bathurst in C.A.R.S and i love it. Love to see it in GT5 for sure. Great track and can be possible. It is in the 24hs championship calendar so...everything is possible.

Pity its only a 12 hour race though... Would be brilliant to have the 24h back...

Back